Author Topic: Anyone got a PS3?  (Read 2531 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Anyone got a PS3?
« on: March 04, 2007, 02:22:58 PM »
Still not released in Europe so I wonder what you think about it since it's been out for a few months in the US?

I checked some of the reviews on IGN.com:

Resistance: Fall of man looks good, but maybe not better than Gears of War for the 360?

Lots of sport games got good reviews - Tiger Woods,  NHL 2K7,  NBA 2K7, Madden etc. but I'm not really into those kinda games...

In Europe it will probably cost $900 or so and I'm not sure it's worth it.
Z

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: Anyone got a PS3?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 02:30:06 PM »
I work for a video game company... let's just say that developing games for the PS3 is a chore.

Also, no one is buying the thing... No one in my company is buying it... Everyone is buying a Wii.

I would suggest buying that and seeing how you like it... if the PS3 drops a few hundred bucks, then go for it... Until then, it's just not worth it.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 03:19:53 PM »
There's no games. I finally caved and got a 360 and couldn't be happier with LIVE and GoW.

I also have a Wii and that's just about the most fun you can possibly have playing any game.
$

Slippedisc

• Getbig V
  • Geo said it was ok, so I must be right.
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 04:14:30 PM »
erid, edit yer post

that was about some agy shit, bro
X Board. Integrity is what we do

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 05:34:57 PM »
Still not released in Europe so I wonder what you think about it since it's been out for a few months in the US?

I checked some of the reviews on IGN.com:

Resistance: Fall of man looks good, but maybe not better than Gears of War for the 360?

Lots of sport games got good reviews - Tiger Woods,  NHL 2K7,  NBA 2K7, Madden etc. but I'm not really into those kinda games...

In Europe it will probably cost $900 or so and I'm not sure it's worth it.

What do I think? I think the price is ridiculous!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 05:38:23 PM »
360 is a lot better and has some amazing games coming out this year. BioShock, Halo 3, and some other games are going to be insane.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 05:39:57 PM »
360 is a lot better and has some amazing games coming out this year. BioShock, Halo 3, and some other games are going to be insane.

Right now... the 360 is still a great item... Some of the stuff we're producing for it is just fantastic...

We can throw a game out for it in about 6 months...

Wii takes 2 months... The damn PS3 is going on a year + for one game... It's goddam rediculous.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 05:57:10 PM »
The damn PS3 is going on a year + for one game... It's goddam rediculous.

why does it take twice as long to knock up ps3 games?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 06:01:03 PM »
why does it take twice as long to knock up ps3 games?

It's just hard to program for... We've had a game in the development cycle for THAT long...

It's just unreal... When the stuff is done, it looks great, but it takes so long that your development costs go through the roof.

Imagine making a game for the Wii in 2 months, and how much your ROI is for that compared to one year+ for the PS3.

Don't let anyone fool you... The Wii is in a prime position to get a TON of games because it's so easy to make them for it.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 06:06:46 PM »
ok fair enough...I have a ps2 but I will be getting a 360 later in the year much to the displeasure of my playstation brothers.

I had an argument with a guy thats buying a ps3 when they're available based purely on information gathered from getbig.com

getbig = the information highway

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2007, 06:08:07 PM »
ok fair enough...I have a ps2 but I will be getting a 360 later in the year much to the displeasure of my playstation brothers.

I had an argument with a guy thats buying a ps3 when they're available based purely on information gathered from getbig.com

getbig = the information highway

The 360 is a great machine... You can get that AND a Wii and still come in cheaper than a PS3... Also, games for the PS3 are going to be a bit more expensive since they are in Blueray format.

Just some info for you.