Author Topic: can I use gear with glaucoma?  (Read 1610 times)

apesma

• Getbig I
can I use gear with glaucoma?
« on: March 05, 2007, 09:05:59 AM »
I just found out I have glaucoma. I have been perscribed Xalatan. The info I found says : This medication is in a group of drugs called prostaglandin analogs. It works near the drainage area of the eye to increase the secondary route of outflow aqueous outflow to lower IOP. I need to know if test and deca would interfer with my meds. I would rather not lose my vision. But before I get rid of my stuff I wanted to see if I could use it or not. I don't really know much about glaucoma. I just started reseaching it. Kind of hit me out of the blue didn't expect it at 28. Are there any supplements I should avoid? or maybe should be taking?  I cant find any info on the net saying anything relating to anabolic steroids and eye pressure. thanks for any help you all can give.

trab

• Getbig V
Re: can I use gear with glaucoma?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 05:20:25 PM »
#1. Ask the Doc outright.

Pharmacists are also great source of info.
Also, Check in the package insert and the Physicans Desk Reference and Physicians General Rx under your med and read it all. Look for contradictions and drug interactions etc.

I never take anything the Doc gives without- 1. Make sure its the right drug. 2. Read the package info.
Dr. is not God. They miss stuff and forget stuff particular to you. I've found problems in meds Ive been prescribed by reading the package inserts.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 05:53:47 PM »
#1. Ask the Doc outright.

Pharmacists are also great source of info.
Also, Check in the package insert and the Physicans Desk Reference and Physicians General Rx under your med and read it all. Look for contradictions and drug interactions etc.

I never take anything the Doc gives without- 1. Make sure its the right drug. 2. Read the package info.
Dr. is not God. They miss stuff and forget stuff particular to you. I've found problems in meds Ive been prescribed by reading the package inserts.

I don't have an answer for you but I agree with everything trab has said.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 06:42:03 PM »
Hell no man, are you fucked??! you're losing your vision and you want to use gear?.. you really gotta re-arrange your priorities.

4thAD

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 07:04:56 PM »
I would rather not lose my vision. But before I get rid of my stuff I wanted to see if I could use it or not. I don't really know much about glaucoma. I just started reseaching it. Kind of hit me out of the blue didn't expect it at 28.

He is researching it. I think your doing the right thing bro. Take Trab's advice brotha man!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 07:07:42 PM »
I just found out I have glaucoma. I have been perscribed Xalatan. The info I found says : This medication is in a group of drugs called prostaglandin analogs. It works near the drainage area of the eye to increase the secondary route of outflow aqueous outflow to lower IOP. I need to know if test and deca would interfer with my meds. I would rather not lose my vision. But before I get rid of my stuff I wanted to see if I could use it or not. I don't really know much about glaucoma. I just started reseaching it. Kind of hit me out of the blue didn't expect it at 28. Are there any supplements I should avoid? or maybe should be taking?  I cant find any info on the net saying anything relating to anabolic steroids and eye pressure. thanks for any help you all can give.

Most docs will probally try and sway you away from gear use.  They may not even know if it would be a problem but will tell you no anyway, just because.  Maybe you can get some medical marijuana pretty sure that helps with glaucoma, send what you don't use my way  ;D.  Gear has been know to raise blood pressure, not sure if that affects the eyes though.  

Probally be alright if you smoked a joint then shot a little gear, sounds kind of dreamy and if you can get a blow job from a hot chick (if chicks are your thing) then you would be in heaven, the tri-fecta!  :D

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 09:21:21 PM »
The problem with going to the doc's is that most of them don't know much about steroids and so would just tell you no regardless of the effects.  So it's kinda a personal decision, deciding whether its worth the risk (I don't think it is).

Have you talked to your doc about laser surgery?

apesma

• Getbig I
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 10:47:10 PM »
The doctor doesn't want to do surgery unless the drops fail to control the pressure. The procedure can only be done a few times due to the scarring it causes. I have to go back in a couple of weeks to see if the drops are working.

zen - bodybuilder

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 10:24:47 AM »
apesma, Ask your doc if he can give you a test to check the thickness of our cornea.  Thick corneas can handle the high eye pressure better and will help prevent optic nerve damage.  What is your pressure?  Steroids may cause a slight increase in eye pressure.  The main thing is you have drops and can controll the pressure. 

apesma

• Getbig I
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 01:05:53 AM »
my pressure was in the lower 20's normal is in the teens. The ye doctor said last time I was there that my corneas were in good shape and there was no sign of optic nerve damage. glaucoma runs in my family which was the reason for the test. I have to go back in a little less than 2 weeks to see if the drops are lowering the pressure. I have to get my eyes tested every few months anyway so if I do go ahead with the cycle I will know if the pressure is too high. I still plan on asking about drug interactions while im there.
Still plan on doing more research before I do anything.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 02:07:05 PM »
I like to dig around in foreign medical info on subjects of interest. There is a lot of politics and
quasi Religious "Right" "values" festering in what should be a field based on scientific fact and unbiased research.
You really need to check who did some of the research out there and what their agenda was before you accept it as fact.
That said, I wouldn't mess around taking any chances w/ my eyesight.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 04:18:35 AM »
I like to dig around in foreign medical info on subjects of interest. There is a lot of politics and
quasi Religious "Right" "values" festering in what should be a field based on scientific fact and unbiased research.
You really need to check who did some of the research out there and what their agenda was before you accept it as fact.
That said, I wouldn't mess around taking any chances w/ my eyesight.

Very true.  Religion or morals have no place in science.  Be it stem cell research (Mr Busch) or juice or whatever.