Author Topic: What a consummate scumbag  (Read 2195 times)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
What a consummate scumbag
« on: March 05, 2007, 12:09:43 PM »
Almost as soon he was sprung from jail by a radio station's money, Bobby Brown and Hot 99.5 FM bailed on the deal.

The 38-year-old R&B singer spent three nights in a Massachusetts jail last week for failing to pay child support. He was released after the station paid the $19,150 he owed on the condition that Brown appear on "The Kane Show" for a week. He was to discuss the case and how he could turn his life around during studio appearances beginning Monday.

But Brown backed out of an on-air phone interview with the morning show Friday, saying he hadn't agreed to be an employee of the station.

"That wasn't our deal," said Brown, who hung up after Kane pressed him.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070305/ap_en_ce/people_bobby_brown;_ylt=Aov_ZdgZBiC_WWimG8HP1DVY24cA

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: What a consummate scumbag
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 12:25:00 PM »
I saw that on E! I wonder why he doesn't have some Whitney money? 19 grand isn't that much for him, he must have blown a lot of dough on the rock.
E

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 05:30:52 AM »
It's his perogative to be a prick.

Have fun in jail Bobby.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 02:05:37 PM »
he's only 38?

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 09:09:05 PM »
he's only 38?

Way back in 1984, I was living in Berkeley, California. And while I didn't go there often due to there being better independent record stores in town, they had a Tower Records. And I remember them advertising some in-store appearance by New Edition - who were of course still a kiddie act back then.

I've often wondered what his response would have been if I'd told Bobby Brown then everything that was going to happen to him later.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 10:46:39 PM »
I saw that on E! I wonder why he doesn't have some Whitney money? 19 grand isn't that much for him, he must have blown a lot of dough on the rock.

I don't think Whitney has much money?  I thought I heard that she didn't write most of her songs and did not obtain any IP rights to those songs? 

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 10:51:53 PM »
I don't think Whitney has much money?  I thought I heard that she didn't write most of her songs and did not obtain any IP rights to those songs? 

Heres an old Rolling Stone article quote:

Last year, Whitney Houston signed what is being touted as the biggest deal in history: six albums (including a greatest-hits) with Arista for a guaranteed $100 million. She received $30 million of the advance in 2001. Considering the shaky state of her live appearances, one label exec called the payout "the worst deal ever by a label and the best deal ever by an artist."

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/5938443/the_rolling_stone_money_report

What she made that year, not sure, maybe 2002?

Whitney Houston
Touring = $0
Recording = $24 million
Publishing = $3 million
Net = $26.5 million

Perhaps her deal got voided due to her circumstances, but it says 100 million guaranteed, I don't follow her too much tbh.
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 07:48:54 AM »
Heres an old Rolling Stone article quote:

Last year, Whitney Houston signed what is being touted as the biggest deal in history: six albums (including a greatest-hits) with Arista for a guaranteed $100 million. She received $30 million of the advance in 2001. Considering the shaky state of her live appearances, one label exec called the payout "the worst deal ever by a label and the best deal ever by an artist."

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/5938443/the_rolling_stone_money_report

What she made that year, not sure, maybe 2002?

Whitney Houston
Touring = $0
Recording = $24 million
Publishing = $3 million
Net = $26.5 million

Perhaps her deal got voided due to her circumstances, but it says 100 million guaranteed, I don't follow her too much tbh.

Thanks.  I doubt she netted anywhere near 100 mil.  And I would imagine she lived a pretty irresponsible lifestyle.  I'll try and find the info I was thinking about regarding the songwriting, etc.  My understanding is that is one of the differences between Whitney and someone like Mariah, who writes many of her songs and has IP rights to much of her music.