Author Topic: Derek Anthony showed the wannabes.  (Read 7249 times)

monstermunch

• Getbig IV
Re: Derek Anthony showed the wannabes.
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2007, 06:01:52 PM »
Vince is writing in purple an attempt to regain your colourful youth?

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2007, 06:41:24 PM »
Well, DavidPaul and other Getbig heroes had an opportunity to speak their minds to DA at the contest on the weekend. What happened? Bugger all. DA comes out the winner and DP is just another big mouth wannabe on Getbig.

I agree 100%.

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2007, 06:43:23 PM »
hahaha! yeah he really showed me ::)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2007, 06:45:15 PM »
TEAM DA !
Z

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2007, 06:48:31 PM »
hahaha! yeah he really showed me ::)

Not you, but he did prove Blockhead, David Paul, and the short fat guy from Columbus what cowards they are.

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2007, 07:11:02 PM »
columbusdude you fat piece of shit.... you chickened out like a little bitch

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2007, 07:15:15 PM »
(I'll just repost my question from another thread here... Since I didn't get an answer last time.)

Vince... how can you talk about respect for someone when that person flips out every time someone says something negative? I mean... come on.

I have no hate for Derek Anthony... I think he's a good guy really, but he whenever someone says something that's a bit derogatory, he turns into a monkey fucking a football and just flips out.

You can't respect that... I'd have a lot MORE respect for him if he would stop the public displays of insanity, and just realized that people fuck with other people on this board.

If he really doesn't like it here... Just leave... that's what I would do.

Weez

• Getbig III
  • stronger than dirt
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2007, 08:58:08 PM »
Look at the arms on Derek. Who wouldn't want to look like that? He looks healthy, too, which is better than some look on Getbig.

Damn Basile, of all people. You complimenting the arms of this hapless, hopeless, indignant, low-rent, "bodybuilder" (it pains me to use that word when describing him). Everybody knows about his obvious Synthol use, and you yourself have written endless paragraphs about modern bodybuilding, and the fallacies of Synthol, and anabolics, and such. How can you possibly say, "Look at his arms". What a contradicting joke you turned out to be......bad form, bugger..... 
Cam ad mi

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2007, 09:27:20 PM »

Well - I tend to agree here with DA.  If you complain, you should of went up to him at the show.  Lift Studios and I went up to him, said hello, got some great pics, and honestly, Dererk was actually a cool guy. Never judge someone unless you meet them.

Funny thing is, even 'Sandy Coosworth', who had the balls to come to the expo, met him, met Kamali, met Lee Priest. And I know, judged by the number of times Lift and I were stopped, on how many people came to the show. Pretty amazing. I even got to meet Special Ed and Blockhead.  And went to the VIP Dinner for a while with ThisisKeith.  Also met BigAnt, and of course, the Rhino was at the IForce Booth, Vinny Galanti at the Universal booth, and so many more...

So now that I met Derek, it is a whole different story now.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2007, 09:56:53 PM »
Welcome to TEAM DA Ron!
Z

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2007, 10:05:19 PM »
Well - I tend to agree here with DA.  If you complain, you should of went up to him at the show.  Lift Studios and I went up to him, said hello, got some great pics, and honestly, Dererk was actually a cool guy. Never judge someone unless you meet them.

Funny thing is, even 'Sandy Coosworth', who had the balls to come to the expo, met him, met Kamali, met Lee Priest. And I know, judged by the number of times Lift and I were stopped, on how many people came to the show. Pretty amazing. I even got to meet Special Ed and Blockhead.  And went to the VIP Dinner for a while with ThisisKeith.  Also met BigAnt, and of course, the Rhino was at the IForce Booth, Vinny Galanti at the Universal booth, and so many more...

So now that I met Derek, it is a whole different story now.

well, bottom line...was it a rug?  who gives a shit what he is like? 

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2007, 12:07:47 AM »
I respect the gains anyone makes on his physique. Sure, I don't go for artificial enhancement but one look at Derek tells me the guy has paid his dues. So what if he gets pissed off at those who knock him and his lifestyle. That means very little to me. I try not to judge people on the net. If someone has big arms they have done a lot of training. For every success story like Derek Anthony there are about 50 wannabes here at Getbig who have achieved very little and are terrified if anyone posts a photo of what they really look like. There is something totally not right about nobodies throwing stones at the big guys.

Sure some guys excel at stirring the crap out of some guys. That shit isn't funny when it goes on for ages and is just stirring. DA and anyone else is rightly peeved for that kind of treatment. He seems to react more than most but that doesn't detract from his physique. Those who threw the most crap stayed clear of him at the Arnold. What is that but caution? DA scores big points for manhood there while the others crawled away with their tails between their legs.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2007, 12:18:18 AM »
I respect the gains anyone makes on his physique. Sure, I don't go for artificial enhancement but one look at Derek tells me the guy has paid his dues. So what if he gets pissed off at those who knock him and his lifestyle. That means very little to me. I try not to judge people on the net. If someone has big arms they have done a lot of training. For every success story like Derek Anthony there are about 50 wannabes here at Getbig who have achieved very little and are terrified if anyone posts a photo of what they really look like. There is something totally not right about nobodies throwing stones at the big guys.

Sure some guys excel at stirring the crap out of some guys. That shit isn't funny when it goes on for ages and is just stirring. DA and anyone else is rightly peeved for that kind of treatment. He seems to react more than most but that doesn't detract from his physique. Those who threw the most crap stayed clear of him at the Arnold. What is that but caution? DA scores big points for manhood there while the others crawled away with their tails between their legs.

Absolutely. And getting pissed off when people make fun of you is natural - UNLESS you're used to take a lot of shit in real life like all these bullied geeks are, thats why they think it's no big deal.
Apparantely the "ideal" today is to be a whining little bitch who says a lot on the board but doesn't have the balls to back it up in real life... instead they start kissing ass and say "it wasnt that serious man!!!" "you aint mad are you?" "we cool bro!"
Only 5 minutes later I bet they'll talk shit behind the guys back...

Spineless cockroaches.
Z

Fletch

• Getbig II
  • You must be very proud of yourself
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2007, 12:24:31 AM »
Gotta agree with Vince on this one  (surprising)...

I read alot of "I was standing right in front of him and he didnt say nuthin'" crap...so why didnt you start the shit tough guys?

all talk and no action. walk what you talk or stfu. internet balls are the biggest of all.

truth
Put it on the Underhills

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2007, 12:27:14 AM »
Everybody who walked up to him has said he was cool. (ron, blockhead etc) everybody who didn't still bitch about him (davidpaul, columbus)

Z

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2007, 12:38:34 AM »
We have had guys challenging others to duels on Getbig and MD. Nothing happens. So some guys talk the talk but crawl away and hope the threads are forgotten. Then other big mouths have tickets for contests when that is a patent lie. Why on earth would an adult make up a lie like that? Delusions of grandeur at its best. I have seen some really loco blokes pop up at the gym from time to time. Some make up stories about a girl loving them when in fact the girl doesn't even know who they are. Believe it or not that has happened twice in 35 years.

I keep telling guys who say they are going to bench 400 pounds to go and do it. I am not going to hold the bar down on them. Getbig has so many winners that the natural thing for them is to doubt anyone else has achieved anything because they know they have done bugger all. Sure there are guys who have paid their dues but others are so far up themselves that they need a reality check. Davidpaul got his on the weekend. About time, too.

I use coloured fonts just to be different. Simple as that.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2007, 12:42:32 AM »
No offence, fellas, but attacking the messenger is pathetic. DA looks better than just about everyone who posts on Getbig. Period.

Davidpaul was hanging out with his mates but keeps his mouth shut when in public. DA was having a hoot there. The photos don't lie.

The moderators give DP a sticky at the top of the board but the dude reported almost nothing except Tamali's black eye. Is that the best these dudes can do?

special ed is a fat blob..no offense and DP  is just plain gaaaaaaaaay...:))

Weez

• Getbig III
  • stronger than dirt
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2007, 01:38:13 AM »
I can't disagree with you more. The public's perception, and generalisation of a male bodybuilder is; cockiness, bullying, poking fun at others who are smaller than they are, out of control ego, superiority complex, violence, and out of control behavior. When a moron on an internet board "challenges", or makes fun of someone like Derek, that "challenge" or insult should be ignored, or laughed off. Bodybuilding has taken so much of a "black eye" over the years, that I for one believe,  that it is long overdue to change peoples minds, and exercise a little humility, and laugh off or totally ignore these petty little insults, and fight this crap with kindness, and show people what gentlemen we can really be. You don't see Ray, or Chik in a trailer, homemaking videos of themselves, telling Adonis or Vince G their plans to maim and kill them like Derek did....sheeesh.  He is the prototypical  "Everything that is Wrong with Bodybuilding"  poster boy.  Vince, if you haven't learned all this at your age, then I truly feel sorry for you, my friend....By responding/reacting the way that he does to these internet morons, makes Derek much worse, and even a bigger moron,, and someone who certainly should never be complimented, or given "props"....
Cam ad mi

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2007, 01:47:53 AM »
Has anyone here seen big bodybuilders posing and showing off at the beach? Do they kick sand in the faces of puny guys? Nope. Never seen that stereotype. Yet Weider used that muscle he-man getting the girl after he built himself up story.

I doubt the public reads these forums. Therefore, this is a subculture and here things are a bit different than in the big world outside. Derek Anthony has more status here than lots of wannabes. He has a short fuse but so what? That is part of his personality. Those who met him found quite a different guy.

So here we have lots of wannabes posturing and stirring to their hearts content and lots of others joining in on the fun. The number of top bodybuilders who post here has diminished simply because it is not worth their while participating. What happened to Derek is similar to what happens to any champion who posts here. Who needs that crap when you are a bodybuilding champion? That is why Milos and Lee keep their posts to a minimum and stay away most of the time.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2007, 01:53:20 AM »
Has anyone here seen big bodybuilders posing and showing off at the beach? Do they kick sand in the faces of puny guys? Nope. Never seen that stereotype. Yet Weider used that muscle he-man getting the girl after he built himself up story.

I doubt the public reads these forums. Therefore, this is a subculture and here things are a bit different than in the big world outside. Derek Anthony has more status here than lots of wannabes. He has a short fuse but so what? That is part of his personality. Those who met him found quite a different guy.

So here we have lots of wannabes posturing and stirring to their hearts content and lots of others joining in on the fun. The number of top bodybuilders who post here has diminished simply because it is not worth their while participating. What happened to Derek is similar to what happens to any champion who posts here. Who needs that crap when you are a bodybuilding champion? That is why Milos and Lee keep their posts to a minimum and stay away most of the time.

I thought they posted less because they have REAL jobs... while Derek's main job is getting people to pay him to watch him naked.

No hate on the guy, but that IS is main source of cash I believe... at least that's what I've been led to believe.

Whether it's online video, or photos, or whatever... the rumor is that he makes his money by getting people (who are obviously mostly gay men) to stare at his oiled up body.

Derek's livelyhood is directly related to how many Gay Schmoes he can get to be interested in his body... Lee and Milos have other things that get them paid.

Weez

• Getbig III
  • stronger than dirt
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2007, 01:53:32 AM »
 I give up...................... ..............
Cam ad mi

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2007, 01:58:19 AM »
Absolutely. And getting pissed off when people make fun of you is natural - UNLESS you're used to take a lot of shit in real life like all these bullied geeks are, thats why they think it's no big deal.
Apparantely the "ideal" today is to be a whining little bitch who says a lot on the board but doesn't have the balls to back it up in real life... instead they start kissing ass and say "it wasnt that serious man!!!" "you aint mad are you?" "we cool bro!"
Only 5 minutes later I bet they'll talk shit behind the guys back...

Spineless cockroaches.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahah..absolutely correct..all the squadfuckers and the foreskin furys are nothing bu cowards...why hate on DA???i dunno much about him but hating him and bashing him just for the sake of it sucks big time..DA earns my respect...DA has guts and other whining little sons of bitches are nothing but cowards
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2007, 02:01:29 AM »
I give up...................... ..............

You may as well... It's funny... every normal person realizes you have to deal with people that at some times you'd rather not, but still be cordial to them... The internet apparently gives you the ability to not be cordial, unless it's behind the keyboard...

Some people are asses fine, but if Derek is the guy he says he is, he will stop flipping out... period.

If not, he's just a loud talker like everyone else.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2007, 02:03:26 AM »
Gee, Weez, give me a break. Of course Derek is over the top how he reacts to the stirring. I really don't blame him because the guys who stir him are mostly anonymous guys just having a laugh. So then how tough are these stirrers when they finally meet him in person? Wimps. Nothing less.

I don't think personalities should be that important here on Getbig. Even self-serving jerks can be elected to high offices in America. That is one strange place. DA is just a dude reacting on an internet discussion board that is populated by wannabe nobodies. Sure, he should have more sense than to react the way he does. That is his business and he is paying for that stuff. I see beyond and side with anyone who gets the crap stirred out of him for no good reason that I can detect.

Charges of being fat, gay, old and stupid join the insult list. The latest insult is being a bitch. And so this sordid forum goes.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2007, 02:09:23 AM »
Gee, Weez, give me a break. Of course Derek is over the top how he reacts to the stirring.

DA is just a dude reacting on an internet discussion board that is populated by wannabe nobodies. Sure, he should have more sense than to react the way he does. That is his business and he is paying for that stuff.

See, I'm with you on this part... he over reacts... he does what he does for a living and people rag him... he should have thicker skin.

Is it overly harsh... maybe, but it's also VERY funny... If he had a sense of humor about it 95% of the ragging would be completely in jest. However, his attitude about it has caused the humor to become "dark", and that just starts a downward spiral...

People are going to rip you... it's the internet... welcome to the WWW.

If you want to use it as a marketing tool as DA does, then you are going to have to deal with the bad that comes with it.

He just needs to calm down.