Author Topic: SPC Aguayo Convicted at Court Martial  (Read 5426 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
SPC Aguayo Convicted at Court Martial
« on: March 06, 2007, 08:22:26 AM »

http://www.aguayodefense.org/

Bush and all his supporters in oil and the military are killing this country and building anti-American sentiment...among our own people. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
Re: SPC Aguayo Convicted at Court Martial
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 09:06:21 AM »
http://www.aguayodefense.org/

Bush and all his supporters in oil and the military are killing this country and building anti-American sentiment...among our own people. 

We supposed to feel bad for this kid because he pussed out?
gotta love life

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 09:19:24 AM »
They fail to read the contract when they sign up.
L

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 09:21:29 AM »
I've got to remorse for this guy. Why the hell did he sign up if he didn't want to fight?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 09:24:55 AM »
I hope he enjoys a lengthy confinement. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 09:29:03 AM »
We supposed to feel bad for this kid because he pussed out?

Pussed out = turning himself in after 3 weeks UA. 

I don't know how less than 30 days absent translates to 'desertion', but there's your so-called 'military justice' (bullshit) at its very best. 

Anyone who still finds it in his heart to support this illegal war is a complete and total traitor to America. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 09:31:16 AM »
Pussed out = turning himself in after 3 weeks UA. 

I don't know how less than 30 days absent translates to 'desertion', but there's your so-called 'military justice' (bullshit) at its very best. 

Anyone who still finds it in his heart to support this illegal war is a complete and total traitor to America. 

"ILLEGAL" war???? smart guy tell me how it is illegal. And you can think our military is bullshit but did this queer collect paychecks up to this point?
gotta love life

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 09:31:30 AM »
He missed movement to a war zone. Congress authorized said war.....has funded said war...not agreeing does not make it illegal.
L

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 09:35:31 AM »
Article 85 of the Uniformed Code of Military Justice. The same UCMJ that this puss ass Spec4 swore to obey that lovely day at the MEPS station when he thought the chicks would dig a man in uniform

Any member of the armed forces who—

(1) without authority goes or remains absent from his unit, organization, or place of duty with intent to remain away therefrom permanently;

(2) quits his unit, organization, or place of duty with intent to avoid hazardous duty or to shirk important service

gotta love life

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 09:36:49 AM »
He missed movement to a war zone. Congress authorized said war.....has funded said war...not agreeing does not make it illegal.

Noooo, not the facts again.   :)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 09:37:35 AM »
"ILLEGAL" war???? smart guy tell me how it is illegal. And you can think our military is bullshit but did this queer collect paychecks up to this point?

President Bush ordered an attack on a sovereign nation which in no way was a threat to any American interests.  Our nation's military followed that illegal order, so all are guilty, with the exception of those who have elected not to participate.  

I assume this soldier is still receiving direct deposit, but I'm sure he'd gladly return all that blood money.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 09:38:45 AM »
Article 85 of the Uniformed Code of Military Justice. The same UCMJ that this puss ass Spec4 swore to obey that lovely day at the MEPS station when he thought the chicks would dig a man in uniform

Any member of the armed forces who—

(1) without authority goes or remains absent from his unit, organization, or place of duty with intent to remain away therefrom permanently;

(2) quits his unit, organization, or place of duty with intent to avoid hazardous duty or to shirk important service

More facts.  Go figure.   :)

Sometimes I wish we could cane some idiots as part of our forms of punishment.  

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 09:39:07 AM »
I think this guy only got as far as..GI bill and money for college. Also in the old days a guy could be gone 30 days and u just dropped him from the rolls. As a commander u prayed he's never come back..not ur problem..now with a war on its dersertion in the true sense of the word.
L

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2007, 09:39:18 AM »
Noooo, not the facts again.   :)

I love how you guys overlook the fact that it was an illegal order.   ;)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2007, 09:40:08 AM »
President Bush ordered an attack on a sovereign nation which in no way was a threat to any American interests.  Our nation's military followed that illegal order, so all are guilty, with the exception of those who have elected not to participate.  

I assume this soldier is still receiving direct deposit, but I'm sure he'd gladly return all that blood money.  

Your idea of "illegal is clearly all conjecture, anyway I am willing to bet Agayo lived fairly nice off of the government, and unforytunately cant' go back to all of the bills he paid, all the partying he did and get that money back.
gotta love life

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2007, 09:43:19 AM »
I love how you guys overlook the fact that it was an illegal order.   ;)

"Joint Resolution to Authorize the Use of United States Armed Forces Against Iraq
 . . .

Now, therefore, be it resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SEC. 1. SHORT TITLE.

This joint resolution may be cited as the "Authorization for the Use of Military Force Against Iraq".

. . .

SEC. 3. AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OF UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES.

(a) AUTHORIZATION. The President is authorized to use the Armed Forces of the United States as he determines to be necessary and appropriate in order to

(1) defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq; and
(2) enforce all relevant United Nations Security Council Resolutions regarding Iraq.

. . . "

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/10/20021002-2.html

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2007, 09:43:34 AM »
I think this guy only got as far as..GI bill and money for college. Also in the old days a guy could be gone 30 days and u just dropped him from the rolls. As a commander u prayed he's never come back..not ur problem...

Yeah, the guy doesn't wanna be there, you stop his pay and benefits immediately (retro to his date of departure), issue a dishonorable-NON-discharge, and wish him a nice life.  

A DND (if such a thing could exist) would indicate simply that a person was a military deserter, but would not include any indication of why.  He could explain that to any future potential employers.  

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2007, 09:46:27 AM »
Your idea of "illegal is clearly all conjecture, anyway I am willing to bet Agayo lived fairly nice off of the government, and unforytunately cant' go back to all of the bills he paid, all the partying he did and get that money back.

Mmm, I don't think that junior enlisted are living that nicely, but I'll gladly contribute to his repayment fund.

And then take a nice tax write-off for it. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2007, 09:47:21 AM »
Yeah, the guy doesn't wanna be there, you stop his pay and benefits immediately (retro to his date of departure), issue a dishonorable-NON-discharge, and wish him a nice life.  

A DND (if such a thing could exist) would indicate simply that a person was a military deserter, but would not include any indication of why.  He could explain that to any future potential employers.  

Cannot.  Memory is foggy, but I believe the worst they could do administratively is give him an "other than honorable" discharge.  Dishonorable discharge can only be handed down in a "general" court martial.  

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2007, 09:48:55 AM »
(1) defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq; and

That's where it all falls down, my friend.  Iraq is not and has at no time in the past decade been a threat to the U.S.  

Last time I checked, it was the U.S. which had invaded Iraq, not the other way around.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2007, 09:50:12 AM »
That's where it all falls down, my friend.  Iraq is not and has at no time in the past decade been a threat to the U.S.  

Last time I checked, it was the U.S. which had invaded Iraq, not the other way around.

Um, dude, the authorization was passed after we invaded.   

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2007, 09:51:53 AM »
Cannot.  Memory is foggy, but I believe the worst they could do administratively is give him an "other than honorable" discharge.  Dishonorable discharge can only be handed down in a "general" court martial.  

I think you're right about the OTH.  What I was suggesting was having a new category which keeps deserters in a non-discharged status.  In order to be properly discharged, they'd have to return and face a military court.  BUT, the military court system would need to be fair...more like what you see on JAG as opposed to that joke that exists in real life.  

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2007, 09:53:42 AM »
Um, dude, the authorization was passed after we invaded.   

The invasion was ordered by the executive branch, correct?

Maybe there should be a law against using the office of President for personal gain. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2007, 09:54:09 AM »
I think you're right about the OTH.  What I was suggesting was having a new category which keeps deserters in a non-discharged status.  In order to be properly discharged, they'd have to return and face a military court.  BUT, the military court system would need to be fair...more like what you see on JAG as opposed to that joke that exists in real life.  

I don't know.  I tend to think watering down the laws governing AWOL and desertion might encourage more of these cowards to run.  

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2007, 09:55:37 AM »
Mmm, I don't think that junior enlisted are living that nicely, but I'll gladly contribute to his repayment fund.

And then take a nice tax write-off for it. 

Believe me junior emlisted do ok for their experience level, don't forget I was there once. And we can't just let everyone out that wants out. You sign up for 4-6 years, suck it up until that is over. If he is a Spec4 I am guessing he signed up post 9/11
gotta love life