Author Topic: Scooter Libby Verdict: GUILTY!  (Read 4899 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Scooter Libby Verdict: GUILTY!
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2007, 01:31:08 PM »
So how does our intelligence gathering process work? WE just send some reporter Joe Wilson down to Nigeria and expect him to go around and ask people about enriched uranium?  Did he plan on going up to government officials and other shady characters and asking them?  What was his background in Nigeria or WMD's?  The whole thing, from the beginning seems like a farce.  Why send him, and then why try to discredit him so much?  Our government is inefficient.

cav,

many people think there were lots of joe wilsons sent to different regions of the world by the white house/cia.

their goal was to find credible 'dirt' on iraq, of course.

Wilson was told to drop it, he didn't, and his wife/life was exposed.  It wasn't that HIS info was that damning - it was a warning to all the other joe wilsons that you WILL be revealed to the world in a harmful way if you don't keep your findings to yourself.  They exposed his wife, which not only ends her career, but puts every spy (asset, contact, whatever) she put into play as a target.  It's how spies get killed, and revealing her identity was a horrible thing to do. 

so yeah - wilson was beaten up so all the other moles trolling for info would keep their damn mouths shut.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2007, 05:11:43 PM »
FOX news legal analyst says the jury was “hopelessly confused.”  ::)

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/03/06/breaking-libby-guilty-on-four-of-five-counts/

[see Update III]

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2007, 05:21:23 PM »
FOX news legal analyst says the jury was “hopelessly confused.”  ::)

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/03/06/breaking-libby-guilty-on-four-of-five-counts/

[see Update III]

Unfortunately for Cheney... not confused enough.  ;D
w

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2007, 05:23:50 PM »

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2007, 05:24:33 PM »
The National Review calls for a Libby pardon.  ::)

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=ZDk4ZWM0N2RiZWZkZjE4NzFmMWEyYzM4ODYzMTQ3Mzc=

I say pardon his ass, ...and make Cheney serve the time.
w

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2007, 09:32:07 PM »
what expertise did joe wilson ahve in either nigeria or WMD's
Valhalla awaits.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2007, 09:36:58 PM »
what expertise did joe wilson ahve in either nigeria or WMD's

there were 100 wilsons over there.

he was like the others, sent with money and plausible deniability, to buy knowledge. 

we always do this when we need intel to serve a cause.  Lots of money and individuals going into a country asking Qs.  If one pans out, we get to start a war!

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2007, 05:09:25 AM »
there were 100 wilsons over there.

he was like the others, sent with money and plausible deniability, to buy knowledge. 

we always do this when we need intel to serve a cause.  Lots of money and individuals going into a country asking Qs.  If one pans out, we get to start a war!

I still say libby did nothing wrong, 240 tell me what he did that was so bad. There were much worse things done in this case by other people.
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2007, 05:28:11 AM »
I still say libby did nothing wrong, 240 tell me what he did that was so bad. There were much worse things done in this case by other people.

He lied under oath repeatedly.

What else is there to say?  That's a crime.  Sure, people kill/rape/steal everyday.  ANd those crimes are worse.  But they have no influence on this case.

Scooter lied to the feds.  Do you condone this? 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2007, 05:52:56 AM »
He lied under oath repeatedly.

What else is there to say?  That's a crime.  Sure, people kill/rape/steal everyday.  ANd those crimes are worse.  But they have no influence on this case.

I think what Plame did was worse, sending her husband to guy because she knew he was against the war and wouldn't exactly search hard to find any evidence that would give the administration a reason to go to war. And she did it knowing that it was illegal for anyone to say that it was her that sent him. What Libby did was the smallest of things in this particular case
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2007, 06:01:23 AM »
I think what Plame did was worse, sending her husband to guy because she knew he was against the war and wouldn't exactly search hard to find any evidence that would give the administration a reason to go to war. And she did it knowing that it was illegal for anyone to say that it was her that sent him. What Libby did was the smallest of things in this particular case

Dude, breathe for a second.  You're saying "so-and-so did something worse, so Libby shouldn't be charged".

There will always be some crime worse.  Should we let double-murderers go free cause there are triple-murderers out there?

What about the people who Plame introduced as assets, who were exposed and put at risk?  I'm sure you understand that anyone connected to her was instantly relvealed and could have/may have been killed for it.  He didn't just lie to the feds - he repeatedly shared classified info which put our brave CIA agents at risk.

I'm actually surprised here.  Brave men serving our nation may have died because of this politically motivated leak.  mm69, I thought you put AMerican lives above petty politics?

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2007, 07:13:51 AM »

I said from the very beginning that I could care less who he sodomized - but when Clinton lied under oath, he deserved to be impeached and convicted. They made that a felony for a reason. It's like, you know, important?

And Libby didn't just lie under oath... he obstructed justice. Think for a second about what those words mean.

We're all supposed to be in favor of justice, right? It's one of the things that makes us great, yada yada yada?

Libby worked to make the nation a less just place.

If you don't think that deserves imprisonment, we're not going to be pals.  :)

Purge_WTF

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2007, 07:15:28 AM »
  I hope Karl Rove gets indicted too--and then sentenced to death.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2007, 07:31:59 AM »
Dude, breathe for a second.  You're saying "so-and-so did something worse, so Libby shouldn't be charged".

There will always be some crime worse.  Should we let double-murderers go free cause there are triple-murderers out there?

What about the people who Plame introduced as assets, who were exposed and put at risk?  I'm sure you understand that anyone connected to her was instantly relvealed and could have/may have been killed for it.  He didn't just lie to the feds - he repeatedly shared classified info which put our brave CIA agents at risk.

I'm actually surprised here.  Brave men serving our nation may have died because of this politically motivated leak.  mm69, I thought you put AMerican lives above petty politics?

wow.  I didn't see that coming. 

Sounds similar to people defending Clinton.

Guess people still hold to their party lines before they hold to "real" principles or ethics.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2007, 07:40:08 AM »

Guess people still hold to their party lines before they hold to "real" principles or ethics.

Are you really surprised by this? Take us back 9 years ago and I guarantee that these people were up in arms that Clinton would lie about getting a blowjob from some fat ugly broad but they don't seem to care about Libby.

I'll never understand party line BS. Check out the response to your post on that Lancelot thread. The streets of Baghdad are littered with blown up bodies and gang/insurgent murders yet the Iraqi's were worse off under Hussein.  ::)

And then check out that Olbermann thread and read the responses to that one. There are some beauties.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2007, 08:45:04 AM »

It's sad.   I feel that anyone from any party who commits a crime needs to be kicked out of office and prosecuted fully. I think Sandy Berger and Scooter Libby should be breaking rocks side-by-side. 

Some people are okay with crime being committed (and Americans put in danger, as we see here), as long as their party benefits.

It is what separates the phony scumbags from the people with integrity.  And these people are what's wrong with this country.  They don't care about right or wrong - they just care about their party "winning".  Well, no one "wins" when crimes go unpunished.  America loses.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2007, 08:48:21 AM »

Way to assume I feel this way because of party lines even though I have never stated my political affiliation. I wasn't on the clinton war path back in the day either.
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2007, 08:49:45 AM »
It's sad.   I feel that anyone from any party who commits a crime needs to be kicked out of office and prosecuted fully. I think Sandy Berger and Scooter Libby should be breaking rocks side-by-side. 

Some people are okay with crime being committed (and Americans put in danger, as we see here), as long as their party benefits.

It is what separates the phony scumbags from the people with integrity.  And these people are what's wrong with this country.  They don't care about right or wrong - they just care about their party "winning".  Well, no one "wins" when crimes go unpunished.  America loses.

And if that were the case 240 I would feel exactly the same. Where is Berger though? I didn't see the GOP chasing him
gotta love life

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2007, 08:49:58 AM »
:o

I guess we need to take a few bets on how soon the Bush pardon comes down.

No need to bet, if he gets convicted again after appeals he is sure to pardon him and rightfully so, he's a scapegoat, there are alot of other people named who stories conflicted that are on the left, but you don't see them being put through the ringer!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2007, 08:51:00 AM »
No need to bet, if he gets convicted again after appeals he is sure to pardon him and rightfully so, he's a scapegoat, there are alot of other people named who stories conflicted that are on the left, but you don't see them being put through the ringer!

And in chimes the voice of reason.  ;D

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2007, 08:52:22 AM »
Are you really surprised by this? Take us back 9 years ago and I guarantee that these people were up in arms that Clinton would lie about getting a blowjob from some fat ugly broad but they don't seem to care about Libby.

I'll never understand party line BS. Check out the response to your post on that Lancelot thread. The streets of Baghdad are littered with blown up bodies and gang/insurgent murders yet the Iraqi's were worse off under Hussein.  ::)

And then check out that Olbermann thread and read the responses to that one. There are some beauties.

Cardio, those of us that live in realityville don't wear blinders and can see the bigger picture. I don't think that today wednesday the 7th of march 2007 that the Iraqi's are better off, but becasue we are there today.... this same date in 2017 the iraqi's will be much better off then if Saddam had stayed in power.
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2007, 08:52:52 AM »

Who committed the crime here then?

If Libby is a scapegoat, who committed the deeds for which he is being blamed here?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2007, 08:54:14 AM »
And if that were the case 240 I would feel exactly the same. Where is Berger though? I didn't see the GOP chasing him

Tell the GOP to do their fcking job then.  I agree completely.

However, Libby did facilitate American CIA agents being put in danger.  This is a fact.  This is inexcusable.  Anyone who lets party loyalties come before American CIA agents is a P.O.S, imo.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2007, 08:54:20 AM »
Way to assume I feel this way because of party lines even though I have never stated my political affiliation. I wasn't on the clinton war path back in the day either.

MM69 you don;t have to state your political affiliation, it's more than obvious.

AND  i wasn't accusing you of being on the Clinton Bashing wagon.  I was simply making a comparison.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2007, 08:58:26 AM »
MM69 you don;t have to state your political affiliation, it's more than obvious.

AND  i wasn't accusing you of being on the Clinton Bashing wagon.  I was simply making a comparison.

I'm glad in your opinion my political affiliation is appareant, but lets just say I have voted for the winning pres since I was old enough. (clinton, bush, bush) and the bush votes were less of 2 evil votes. I didn't want some crack head like gore or kerry as my boss.
gotta love life