Author Topic: So was there a Vault or Cage match or not?  (Read 3276 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
So was there a Vault or Cage match or not?
« on: March 06, 2007, 03:37:11 PM »
It's the 6th and no action from Bruce and Gary yet?

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
Re: So was there a Vault or Cage match or not?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 03:50:05 PM »
Sorry guys - it's been delayed a couple of days - the essays will be posted ASAP and the mayhem will be underway.  Thank you all for your continued patience and support of this concept.
Thread Killer

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 10:29:52 PM »
what's the new date?
w

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 11:36:32 AM »
This Vault/Cage idea seems to be floundering despite bruce's best efforts. He nearly begs people to go into the Cage with him.

Too bad because it's a pretty good idea, the goofy name not withstanding. Perhaps someone a little less polarizing should be championing it's cause.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 01:16:48 PM »
This Vault/Cage idea seems to be floundering despite bruce's best efforts. He nearly begs people to go into the Cage with him.

Too bad because it's a pretty good idea, the goofy name not withstanding. Perhaps someone a little less polarizing should be championing it's cause.

Oh yes, what we need for an opinionative concept is someone erm, well, without one!
Thread Killer

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 01:31:39 PM »

Let's give it a chance, it's only the first match and we'll probably modify the cage rules to adjust to problems that happen like this as we go along.  I agree the name is a little cheesy but figured that played into just a fun aspect of an opitional way of debating.  Right now I'm really busy with things but I am looking forward to participating in a match with someone so hopefully this will be something we keep around and there doesn't have to be a cage match on all the time, if we go for some time without a match no big deal, it's always an option that two can jump into to both call more attention to their argument and have people weigh in with their best argument put forward.  Now I'm off to find Bob from Enzyte, I'm going to kill that son of a bitch. >:(  Can I sue Enzyte for those commercials causing mental distress and agony and insanity and several holes in my wall and 2 broken tv sets :P

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 01:32:31 PM »
Yes, because polarizing and opinionated are synonyms.  ::)

Once again, why let the facts get in the way.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 01:35:55 PM »
Let's give it a chance, it's only the first match and we'll probably modify the cage rules to adjust to problems that happen like this as we go along.  I agree the name is a little cheesy but figured that played into just a fun aspect of an opitional way of debating.  Right now I'm really busy with things but I am looking forward to participating in a match with someone so hopefully this will be something we keep around and there doesn't have to be a cage match on all the time, if we go for some time without a match no big deal, it's always an option that two can jump into to both call more attention to their argument and have people weigh in with their best argument put forward.  Now I'm off to find Bob from Enzyte, I'm going to kill that son of a bitch. >:(  Can I sue Enzyte for those commercials causing mental distress and agony and insanity and several holes in my wall and 2 broken tv sets :P

I'm not writing the concept off, all I'm saying is that despite asking/begging nearly everyone to go into the Cage nothing has happened yet.

Perhaps it's not the concept but rather something else.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 01:37:55 PM »
Yes, because polarizing and opinionated are synonyms.  ::)

Once again, why let the facts get in the way.

Can you polarize a debate without having an opinion?  If so - show me how.
Thread Killer

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 01:45:45 PM »
Let's just forget it. The last thing I feel like doing is explaining the difference between polarizing and opinionated to you. If you really need clarification please consult a dictionary.

In fact I take it back, the whole "Cage" thing has been highly successful and you haven't been asking/begging nearly everyone to get into it with you. And you're the reason that it's been such an incredible success.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 01:54:58 PM »
Let's just forget it. The last thing I feel like doing is explaining the difference between polarizing and opinionated to you. If you really need clarification please consult a dictionary.

In fact I take it back, the whole "Cage" thing has been highly successful and you haven't been asking/begging nearly everyone to get into it with you. And you're the reason that it's been such an incredible success.

'Forget about it.................right after I make this attempt at an insult'.

Good to see you were unable to provide me with an example there.  I'll go ahead and assume I'm correct.
Thread Killer

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 02:03:03 PM »
bruce, if you honestly don't know or understand the difference between the words polarizing and opinionated then it's not my job to inform you. There are many sources available to you that can give you the definitions.

The last thing I want to do is get into some foolish debate because you don't know the difference between two words.  ::)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2007, 02:05:51 PM »
The last thing I want to do is get into some foolish debate because you don't know the difference between two words.  ::)

Instead you get into a foolish debate by entirely missing the thrust of my previous statement.

You'll also be easily able to point out where exactly I said 'polarize' and 'opinion' are one and the same.

Good luck with that.
Thread Killer

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2007, 02:17:31 PM »
Instead you get into a foolish debate by entirely missing the thrust of my previous statement.

You'll also be easily able to point out where exactly I said 'polarize' and 'opinion' are one and the same.

Good luck with that.

I'll say it again, why let facts get in the way of your argument.

This is what I said.
Perhaps someone a little less polarizing should be championing it's cause.

This is your reply.
Oh yes, what we need for an opinionative concept is someone erm, well, without one!

You'll notice my post said nothing about opinion instead I said "polarizing". You made the illogical jump from polarizing to opinionative.

You did that, not me.

I'll say it one last time.

POLARIZING AND OPINIONATIVE DO NOT HAVE THE SAME MEANING.

Only you would start such a ridiculous debate. 

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2007, 02:20:45 PM »
I'll say it again, why let facts get in the way of your argument.

This is what I said.
This is your reply.
You'll notice my post said nothing about opinion instead I said "polarizing". You made the illogical jump from polarizing to opinionative.

You did that, not me.

I'll say it one last time.

POLARIZING AND OPINIONATIVE DO NOT HAVE THE SAME MEANING.

Only you would start such a ridiculous debate. 

And once again I'll ask; where did I say the two words have the same meaning?  This is your own little fantasy.

And also again; how can you 'polarize' without having an 'opinion'.  Can you answer that yet?
Thread Killer

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 02:29:00 PM »
Bruce, calm yourself...  It'll be ok man....

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2007, 02:30:01 PM »

Wait till you see what I have saved up for Debussey!
Thread Killer

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2007, 02:33:47 PM »

This thread is the perfect example of why the whole "Cage" thing hasn't taken off. It illustrates my original point to a T.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2007, 02:39:49 PM »
This thread is the perfect example of why the whole "Cage" thing hasn't taken off. It illustrates my original point to a T.

Oh yeah....

;D

All this talk and we haven't even posted one essay.  You're hooked!
Thread Killer

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2007, 03:01:07 PM »
This is why we included the rule on why people shouldn't be forced or pushed into a match.  I haven't seen Bruce do it but Bruce, if you have, you should stick to the rules of the Cage.  Offer a match once but don't push the idea if it's not acceptable to the other.  This will work best when two anxious parties are participating and it's no big deal if we go months without a match.  The option is there for the board and when the time comes for a match from two willing members, we'll get er done 8)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2007, 03:35:05 PM »
This is why we included the rule on why people shouldn't be forced or pushed into a match.  I haven't seen Bruce do it but Bruce, if you have, you should stick to the rules of the Cage.  Offer a match once but don't push the idea if it's not acceptable to the other.  This will work best when two anxious parties are participating and it's no big deal if we go months without a match.  The option is there for the board and when the time comes for a match from two willing members, we'll get er done 8)

I've done no such thing, and with the 'esteem' I'm held in by some of our more, how do I say, Left posters, you'd be no doubt directed to one of my quotes as soon as I did so.
Thread Killer

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2007, 04:31:29 PM »
oooooooooooooooooookay,

so i there going to be  one or Gary is off making a movie?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2007, 04:46:36 PM »
oooooooooooooooooookay,

so i there going to be  one or Gary is off making a movie?
word has it he's off filming the prequel to Soldier :D  We get a special pre-sceening of the movie right here on getbig!!!!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2007, 04:52:00 PM »
word has it he's off filming the prequel to Soldier :D  We get a special pre-sceening of the movie right here on getbig!!!!

hmmm  i just scanned IMDB and there was nothing on it.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2007, 05:02:13 PM »
hmmm  i just scanned IMDB and there was nothing on it.
Are you thhhhhrrrrrrrreeeaatttee ennniiinnnnnnngggggggggg   me :D