Author Topic: Randy Moss to the Patriots viable  (Read 6591 times)

body88

Re: Randy Moss to the Patriots viable
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2007, 09:43:30 AM »
The problem with this point of view is that you're assuming he's going to change. There is no evidence that he's anything but a selfish jackass, immensely talented but a selfish jackass all the same.

He has a long and storied track record as a trouble maker and no track record as a good teammate. Are we all to assume that he's going to change now?

If by some miracle he were to become a good teammate then every Patriots fan in the world would love having him. The problem is what he says now in interviews has no real relevance on how he'll act during the season.

I'd say there's an 80% chance this won't happen.

Most of the Boston media is saying 95 percent chance it will not happen.  The Boston media is saying sources close to Belichick are saying this is all rumors. I read the same thing on espn the other day. The exact quote was " sources close to Belichick responded to  Moss rumors with skepticism ". Micheal Holley is very close with the patriots. He is also saying he highly doubts this will happen. Clayton said the same thing on espn last night, and Clayton does not know shit.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2007, 10:33:08 AM »

Most of the Boston media is saying 95 percent chance it will not happen.  The Boston media is saying sources close to Belichick are saying this is all rumors. I read the same thing on espn the other day. The exact quote was " sources close to Belichick responded to  Moss rumors with skepticism ". Micheal Holley is very close with the patriots. He is also saying he highly doubts this will happen. Clayton said the same thing on espn last night, and Clayton does not know shit.

My estimate was off then, hopefully.

You know the funny thing about this? Part of me would love to see Brady throw to Moss. There's a ton of negative things to say about him but he's talented as hell. That dude is a fantastic wide receiver when he wants to be. Then I come back down to earth and remember who Moss is and that beautiful image of Brady throwing a 50 yard strike is shattered.  ;D

body88

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2007, 11:39:53 AM »
My estimate was off then, hopefully.

You know the funny thing about this? Part of me would love to see Brady throw to Moss. There's a ton of negative things to say about him but he's talented as hell. That dude is a fantastic wide receiver when he wants to be. Then I come back down to earth and remember who Moss is and that beautiful image of Brady throwing a 50 yard strike is shattered.  ;D

I just cant see Moss fitting in the a team who takes the "team" concept to the extreme.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2007, 12:19:52 PM »
The problem with this point of view is that you're assuming he's going to change. There is no evidence that he's anything but a selfish jackass, immensely talented but a selfish jackass all the same.

He has a long and storied track record as a trouble maker and no track record as a good teammate. Are we all to assume that he's going to change now?

If by some miracle he were to become a good teammate then every Patriots fan in the world would love having him. The problem is what he says now in interviews has no real relevance on how he'll act during the season.

I'd say there's an 80% chance this won't happen.

No, that's backwards-those here who are already sure that he won't change are making the assumptions.

What i'm saying is that it remains an open question-those who've spoken with him, and who know more about his response to playing for good coaches for his first time in his pro career at this later stage of his career with the end in sight, are the ones who can judge. No one here should be claiming to know, yet that is what's happened.

Same thinking here that assumes a 95% chance that it won't happen, without knowing. It might not happen but no one here really knows.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2007, 12:25:46 PM »

Most of the Boston media is saying 95 percent chance it will not happen.  The Boston media is saying sources close to Belichick are saying this is all rumors.

This prolongs the thread is the fact that whatever the odds are or aren't (more speculation) the fact is the upsides of this are compelling.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2007, 12:48:53 PM »
I just cant see Moss fitting in the a team who takes the "team" concept to the extreme.

Part of the reason it could work is that the team is too solid to allow any of the hijinks Dennis Green did:

Speaking at a New England Regional Turfgrass convention Rodney Harrison indicated Moss needed to leave his poor attitude in Oakland if he wants to fit in with a team of winners. Asked whether he would want to have petulant receiver Randy Moss as a teammate, a move that has been speculated about since the trade deadline last season, Harrison said, "If he shuts up and plays football. If he comes in here like a prima donna, I’m not going to tolerate it, Tedy (Bruschi) isn’t going to tolerate it. He’s not going to destroy this chemistry that we have."

body88

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2007, 09:18:34 AM »
Scott Pioli just said it was "urban legends" when asked if they ever offered Moss a offer sheet.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2007, 11:43:52 AM »
god I hope the Pats inject the poison :D

E
E

body88

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2007, 11:48:20 AM »
god I hope the Pats inject the poison :D

E

Pioli (the gm) just called it a urban legend, I dont think it will happen. He is a amazing talent, but he is not worth the trouble. Harrison is already talking shit about keeping him in line... Not gonna happen.