Author Topic: Ribo says 9/11 hijackers more deserving of respect than Bruce  (Read 15060 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Ribo says 9/11 hijackers more deserving of respect than Bruce
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2007, 07:42:28 AM »
You only say that because he shares your political leanings.  I've never seen you stick up for any dem in the hot seat.  And he deserves it.  He's extremely rude...although he says he welcomes debate, he basically throws down the gauntlet with every reply.

I'm going to respond to his question above later when I have time, but since you are a reasonable person, can you plse explain to me how my saying that I don't think life is all moonbeams and unicorns in Iraq, (based on news sources and personal observations gleaned from friends serving there) can somehow be interpreted as a "sneer" at the people currently living under rather dire circumstances there?  

Deedee I will stick up for anyone in the hot seat that I happen to agree with.  I make no apologies for the fact that those I disagree with are wrong.    :D

Thanks for the compliment.  From one reasonable person to another, I don't think your comments were sneer.  What I suspect is you are both cynical of each other, so comments that you both make to each other are probably misinterpreted.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2007, 07:53:43 AM »
Bruce's only raison d'etre to being here, by his own admission is to "debunk" liberal fallacies.  He drags left versus right into every debate, even when it isn't an issue. His cultish devotion to all things extreme right wing impairs his judgement and he always goes off half-cocked with insults and derisive comments aimed at liberals so there can never be any reasoned debate. It always ends up in mud-slinging.  It's tedious, childish, and boring au but.

And yet people continue to engage him.  He must be doing something right (so to speak).   :)  I think his style rubs some people the wrong way, but he does bring facts to the table.  How you spin/interpret them is debatable, but from what I've seen he at least provides information that he believes supports his positions. 

I agree the mud-slinging by anyone gets to be tedious, childish, and boring.  I'm guilty of some of this myself. 

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2007, 07:59:50 AM »
The same way he tried to twist my suggestion that the family of an Australian soldier killed in Iraq might be angry that their son died for a lie as "mocking their grief" - or whatever pompous nonsense he used.

He must think his personal smears against his ideological adversaries here are less likely to be challenged if he claims the righteous mantle of defending someone else's suffering.

What a putz.  :)

I would say mishuggah half the time... but tomaytoe, tomahtoe.  :)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2007, 08:03:31 AM »
I would say mishuggah half the time... but tomaytoe, tomahtoe.  :)

I'm assuming mishuggah is Hebrew of "putz"?

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2007, 08:12:44 AM »
I'm assuming mishuggah is Hebrew of "putz"?

Lol... both Yiddish. 

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2007, 08:30:05 AM »
Lol... both Yiddish. 

LOL, sorry. I meant Yiddish. I've been to a few bar mitzvahs and heard enough 13 year olds struggling with Hebrew to know the difference. Sorry, hope I didn't offend.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2007, 08:35:40 AM »
Bottom line is this:

If your first response to a person's posts that you don't agree with is filled with character attacks then your a jack ass.  Period dot com dot org dot net.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2007, 08:41:37 AM »
Bottom line is this:

If your first response to a person's posts that you don't agree with is filled with character attacks then your a jack ass.  Period dot com dot org dot net.

I still think bruce is ultimately good for this board. He gets people to post, true it usually ends up in an argument rather than a debate but he still keeps it entertaining. As I said in another post, he's like true adonis and the sarcasm/squadfather account in that respect.

I particularly like the battles he has with Deedee, they're very entertaining. And watching her post calmly and rationally when you know she wants to scream and yell is amusing.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2007, 08:46:29 AM »
I still think bruce is ultimately good for this board. He gets people to post, true it usually ends up in an argument rather than a debate but he still keeps it entertaining. As I said in another post, he's like true adonis and the sarcasm/squadfather account in that respect.

I particularly like the battles he has with Deedee, they're very entertaining. And watching her post calmly and rationally when you know she wants to scream and yell is amusing.

yes this is true.

I don't dislike BRUCE other then his pompous tendencies to attack people,  he however, is entertaining.   

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2007, 08:56:06 AM »
LOL, sorry. I meant Yiddish. I've been to a few bar mitzvahs and heard enough 13 year olds struggling with Hebrew to know the difference. Sorry, hope I didn't offend.

Not at all. Am not Jewish myself, but grew up in Montreal (world's best bagels) within a large community, unlike Rib who I think is Jewish and lives in Mormon country.  :) 

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2007, 09:04:56 AM »
Not at all. Am not Jewish myself, but grew up in Montreal (world's best bagels) within a large community, unlike Rib who I think is Jewish and lives in Mormon country.  :) 

Good, and if ribo was offended I'm sorry as well.

Been to Montreal a few times but only for bachelor parties, St. Catherine street is a winner.  ;D

I was always amazed how open the city is with the topic of sex. A huge strip club sits right next to a Hugo Boss store selling $1,200 suits and down the street is a underground adult video booth place which is across the street from another high end store. I remember being blown away by it the first time I saw it.

Down here in Boston the strip clubs were in the Combat Zone which is a DUMP. A respectable business wouldn't go within a mile of the place.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2007, 09:07:32 AM »

:-\. Well he's the Ralph Kramden of the two of us. I am calm and rational.  :)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2007, 09:11:31 AM »
Well he's the Ralph Kramden of the two of us.

I find Ralph a lot more endearing.   :)

But they do both have a BIIIIIIG MOUTH!!

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2007, 09:35:12 AM »
I find Ralph a lot more endearing.   :)

But they do both have a BIIIIIIG MOUTH!!

Okay now I SERIOUSLY almost lost it a minute ago in front of all my colleagues.   :D  I hope he ends up taking this in good humor because I'm starting to actually feel a little affection toward him.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2007, 09:47:06 AM »
Been to Montreal a few times but only for bachelor parties, St. Catherine street is a winner.  ;D

I was always amazed how open the city is with the topic of sex. A huge strip club sits right next to a Hugo Boss store selling $1,200 suits and down the street is a underground adult video booth place which is across the street from another high end store. I remember being blown away by it the first time I saw it.

Down here in Boston the strip clubs were in the Combat Zone which is a DUMP. A respectable business wouldn't go within a mile of the place. 

Say no more... you and half the US male population have come to Montreal for that very purpose.  :)  I got used to the idea of businessmen going to the all you can eat lunch buffet at Chez Paree a loooonnng time ago. (Who eats lunch in a strip club?  :P) It's the French influence. Lol. I'm on your side of the fence now... love my yearly trips to Boston btw... some of the architecture is amazingly similar to Montreal. But coming from such an open environment, I still occasionally do a double-take at the subtle but real difference in our cultures.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2007, 11:01:44 AM »
Possibly because there's actually no 'civil war' as you exaggerate it to be.  Also, who exactly are you accusing of having a 'tribal culture'?  I'd advise you be very careful with your answer.

As you can see from this thread, we've been discussing your debating technique.  I'm going to ignore the derisive way you address me, but regarding your post above, I will remind you that I have not "accused" anyone of belonging to or having a tribal culture.  Looking back at what I posted, I'm satisfied that what I wrote was in no way derogatory or insulting to anyone who may be living in a tribal culture. I have also not "sneered" at the Iraqi people, simply because I disagree completely with YOUR exagerated view that Iraqi city streets are filled with joyous citizens and ticker tape parades. 

That having been said, I do in fact believe the Iraqi people have a tribal culture mindset, and believe it will take at least a generation if not more to become inured to the idea of "democratic" rule.  Perhaps it isn't possible at all.  Here's something I read when I became interested in the Niqab/Burka question and why tribal culturism is so inherent and deep-rooted.  I believe what the author says... he's a distinguished military officer who has spent time working as a security analyst in Iraq, and his paper is peer-reviewed. You might find it interesting, as well as an interesting departure from the usual Andrew Bolt right wing material you seem to prefer.

http://www.firstmonday.dk/issues/issue10_3/mac/index.html

Actually, here's a whole shopping cart full, if you're inclined to read.

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=iraq+%2B+tribal+culture&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2007, 11:48:43 AM »
Just wait till you 2 have a disagreement and he starts with his character attacks and pompous crap.

But he sees you as his conservative brother, so in his dwindling of friendly support i doubt he'll pull it that junk on you for now.

Gimme a break. Ribo is easily the most pompous person on this board, but I've never heard you refer to him as such.

The only reason libs here have issues with Bruce is because he does to your silly arguments what that hillbilly did to Ned Beatty in Deliverance.

Squeal Libs!!!

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2007, 11:56:06 AM »
Ribo is easily the most pompous person on this board

Your earlier posts have made it clear that my vocabulary aggravates your inferiority complex. But the Internet is here to help you....

http://www.bartleby.com/61/

Use it. It's your friend.  :)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2007, 12:01:40 PM »
Gimme a break. Ribo is easily the most pompous person on this board, but I've never heard you refer to him as such.

The only reason libs here have issues with Bruce is because he does to your silly arguments what that hillbilly did to Ned Beatty in Deliverance.

Squeal Libs!!!

LOL, fantastic post, he even posted a picture from the movie.  ;D

Didn't you claim in another thread that you made ribo cry like a little girl at the grocery store? Can you point out exactly where that happened because I can't quite find it.

Well, let me clarify. I found the thread you were referring to I just couldn't find the part where you made ribo cry. Thanks.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2007, 12:07:12 PM »
I found the thread you were referring to I just couldn't find the part where you made ribo cry.

Yeah, that's puzzling.  ::)

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2007, 12:24:47 PM »
I love this thread. Completely bilious and hate-filled... yet so funny. Cathartic. 

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2007, 02:50:51 PM »

Squeal Libs!!!

Haha, thank you, and helloooo all!  :)

I love this thread. Completely bilious and hate-filled... yet so funny. Cathartic. 

Indeedee!
Thread Killer

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2007, 04:22:17 PM »
LOL, fantastic post, he even posted a picture from the movie.  ;D

Didn't you claim in another thread that you made ribo cry like a little girl at the grocery store? Can you point out exactly where that happened because I can't quite find it.

Well, let me clarify. I found the thread you were referring to I just couldn't find the part where you made ribo cry. Thanks.

Since you're obsessed with this, here goes:

Ribo was making an argument that the unemployment rate is actually higher than reported. Pinkos love to make the economic picture seem bleak. It's their way of saying, "You see? You see?  Capitalism doesn't work!!!!".

Ribo had his little bullet points and his link to back up his claim. Sadly, for him, I had to tear his argument to shreads by pointing out that there are just as many reasons why the Unemployment Rate can actually be LOWER than reported.

One of my stronger points was that a sizable percentage of people collecting unemployment insurance don't start looking for a job until their benefits are about to run out. Anyone who works in an unemployment office would confirm this.

Does Ribo concede my point and give me my props? Of course, not! He goes into pout mode and comes back with some silly, completely irrelevant Ronald Reagan quote about welfare mothers driving Cadilacs. I'm sure there were tears streaming onto Ribo's keyboard as he typed the feeble reply.

There, are you happy now?

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2007, 04:33:51 PM »
Since you're obsessed with this, here goes:

Ribo was making an argument that the unemployment rate is actually higher than reported. Pinkos love to make the economic picture seem bleak. It's their way of saying, "You see? You see?  Capitalism doesn't work!!!!".

Ribo had his little bullet points and his link to back up his claim. Sadly, for him, I had to tear his argument to shreads by pointing out that there are just as many reasons why the Unemployment Rate can actually be LOWER than reported.

One of my stronger points was that a sizable percentage of people collecting unemployment insurance don't start looking for a job until their benefits are about to run out. Anyone who works in an unemployment office would confirm this.

Does Ribo concede my point and give me my props? Of course, not! He goes into pout mode and comes back with some silly, completely irrelevant Ronald Reagan quote about welfare mothers driving Cadilacs. I'm sure there were tears streaming onto Ribo's keyboard as he typed the feeble reply.

There, are you happy now?

Do you often tell people that ask you to prove your claim that they're obsessed?

I was actually looking for one of ribo's posts showing him crying. Your synopsis doesn't really cut it as well as his actual post would.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2007, 04:37:22 PM »
I was actually looking for one of ribo's posts showing him crying.

I'm afraid "I'm sure there were tears streaming onto Ribo's keyboard as he typed the feeble reply" is the best he has to offer.  ;D