Author Topic: Gas Jumps To Over $3 in Cali., & Hawaii  (Read 2817 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Gas Jumps To Over $3 in Cali., & Hawaii
« on: March 08, 2007, 05:19:47 AM »
Gas Jumps Over $3 in Calif., Hawaii
Thursday March 8, 3:13 am ET
By Jordan Robertson, AP Business Writer

Gas Prices Jump Above $3 a Gallon in Some Parts of Calif., Hawaii and May Rise in Other States

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Gasoline prices have jumped above $3 a gallon in some parts of California and Hawaii, and may hit that level other parts of the country when the busy summer driving season approaches. "It kills me," said Gloria Nunez, 53, as she filled her Ford Explorer SUV at a San Jose gas station. Nunez, a clerk for a communications company, has started working a couple hours of overtime each week to help soften the blow.

"All of a sudden you kind of have to watch your pennies," she said.

Analysts say drivers should brace for more increases in the coming weeks. Crude oil, which makes up about half the price of gasoline, is trading above $60 a barrel. Higher demand, refinery maintenance and fears about springtime shortages are also driving up prices, particularly on the West Coast.

"The West Coast will certainly be the wild, wild West this year," said Tom Kloza, chief oil analyst for the Oil Price Information Service. Extensive maintenance work at West Coast refineries has curtailed supplies and exacerbated the typical "preseason rally" spurred by jitters about tight supplies.

"In the rest of the country it's just petro-noia. They're worried that they won't have enough gasoline," Kloza said. "But on the West Coast the concern might be warranted."

However, analysts said it's unlikely other parts of the country would see $3 gasoline before summer without a major disruption in supply.

Average fuel prices are still below their historical highs -- most of which were set in 2006 -- but are inching higher weeks earlier than usual.

Wailuku, on the Hawaiian island of Maui, currently has the highest average price for a gallon of regular unleaded at about $3.20.

On the mainland, the title goes to San Francisco, where a gallon averages $3.10, a jump of about 34 cents from a month ago but still off the high of $3.36 set in May 2006, according to the AAA Daily Fuel Gauge Report for Wednesday.

The California cities of Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo and Oakland are also all above $3 a gallon. Most other areas of the state are just a few cents away from cracking that milestone, and motorists say they're cutting back to save money.

"I take the bus," said Hector Esqueda, an 18-year-old justice administration student from Los Angeles who has stopped driving his gas-guzzling, older-model Lincoln Continental to save money. "Other people are doing the same thing. The bus is packed."

Nationwide, the average price for a gallon of regular unleaded is up about 32 cents from a month ago, to $2.50, according to the AAA report. That's more than 55 cents shy of the all-time high recorded in September 2005, after hurricanes Katrina and Rita damaged the Gulf of Mexico refinery infrastructure.

Part of the reason is rising demand. The U.S. Energy Information Administration said Wednesday that gasoline demand has averaged more than 9.1 million barrels per day over the past month, a 3.3 percent jump over the same period last year.

Oil prices jumped by more than $1 per barrel on Wednesday, settling at $61.82, after the agency also reported an unexpected drop in crude oil inventories as import levels reached their lowest point since 2005.

Across the country, drivers are grappling with how to manage the sudden spike.

Outside a Sunoco convenience store in downtown Philadelphia, T.J. Hawk, a 45-year-old retired Philadelphia police officer, recalled the good old days when it cost $5 to fill the tank.

These days, it takes at least $40 to fill his white Volvo. Most weeks, he only fills it three-quarters of the way to soften the hit to his wallet.

In Philadelphia, regular unleaded averaged about $2.57 a gallon early Wednesday morning, a 12 percent jump from a month ago but still well shy of the high of $3.358 a gallon set in September 2005.

Several customers at a Mobil station in St. Petersburg, Fla., were upset because there seemed to be no real reason for the price increase. Prices at the station range from $2.47 a gallon for regular to $2.69 for premium.

Lee Franc, a client manager from St. Petersburg, spent about $40 to put 16 gallons in her Toyota Highlander. She works at home and can go a week or two without filling up.

"Katrina, I can understand," Franc said. "I didn't see a very good explanation this time. You hear so many excuses it gets to where you don't believe anything anymore."

In Chicago, cab driver Nathan Michaels pays $25 each day to gas up his cab. That cost plus the $325 per week he pays to lease his cab makes it difficult to earn a living, even though he works six days a week.

He's been considering buying an SUV for personal use, but thinks with gas prices rising he'll start researching hybrid vehicles.

The rising gas prices also raise his anxiety in a more general way, he said. "It contributes to an overall feeling of uncertainty about what's going on worldwide."

Associated Press writers Deborah Yao in Philadelphia, Phil Davis in St. Petersburg, Carla K. Johnson in Chicago, and Jacob Adelman in Los Angeles contributed to this story.

Thats:  www.MilesPerGallonFreedom.com <--click me
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Gas Jumps To Over $3 in Cali., & Hawaii
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 07:17:03 AM »
 >:(

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 08:20:31 AM »
>:(

I didn't set the prices, ...I just positioned myself to benefit from the inevitable increase.
Don't hate me because I'm pragmatically prudent, ...hate me because ... don't hate me... JOIN ME!  :D
w

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 09:40:34 AM »
Gone up after the election..  ::) BIG SURPRISE!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 09:58:07 AM »
I didn't set the prices, ...I just positioned myself to benefit from the inevitable increase.
Don't hate me because I'm pragmatically prudent, ...hate me because ... don't hate me... JOIN ME!  :D

Not mad at you.  It's the oil company cartel that almost causes me to cuss every time I go to the gas station.   >:(

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 04:33:37 AM »
Not mad at you.  It's the oil company cartel that almost causes me to cuss every time I go to the gas station.   >:(

You could be like me.
Become an FFi product user, maybe even a distributor and smile all day when going by gas stations.  :D

You can share the gospel, ...and you can have the joy, joy, joy, joy down-in-your-heart!

Man, I feel so good when I leave a gas station, ...cause not only is the escalating price of gas not something I'm concerned with, when I leave a gas station, I know i'm making a lot of people there happy.
(and NO, ...not because I'm leaving)  >:(  What? ...you didn't think I say that comin' a mile away?   ;)   :P

I get to share information about something that brings real value and positively impacts their lives!

This little light of mine.... I'm gonna let it shine... this little light of mine... i'm gonna let it shine...
This little light of mine.... I'M GONNA LET IT SHINE, LET IT SHINE, LET IT SHINE, LET IT SHINE!  ;D

By the way, ...have you ever heard my theme song <--click me (Listen closely to the lyrics)   :D

w

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 04:38:03 AM »
Do like I do. Drive less.
The House that Ruth built

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 04:44:16 AM »
Why does a Canadian care what the price of gas in the U.S. is?  We import more oil from Canada than anywhere else.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 04:45:05 AM »
Do like I do. Drive less.

Is that because you have less vehicles to drive?  :D
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 04:56:57 AM »
Why does a Canadian care what the price of gas in the U.S. is?  We import more oil from Canada than anywhere else.

Because this Canadian derives leveraged income from all over the planet.

That's what leveraged income is all about. It allows you to be in hundreds, if not thousands of places at once.

I care about the price of fuel in the USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Korea, Thailand, Malaysia, Japan, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Italy, The Netherlands, Israel, India, Nigeria, Benin, Botswana, South Africa, France, Spain, Turkey, Poland, Portugal, Germany, Switzerland, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Belgium, Mexico, Brazil, Colombia, Argentina, Jamaica, Trinidad, Crotia, Bosnia, Dubai etc., etc., etc., because I help those who consume fuel in all these places (and more i'm probably not even aware of) to save money on their fuel, while consuming less fuel, and spewing less toxins and pollutants into the environment.  Business has been very brisk lately.  :P
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 07:44:05 AM »
You could be like me.
Become an FFi product user, maybe even a distributor and smile all day when going by gas stations.  :D

You can share the gospel, ...and you can have the joy, joy, joy, joy down-in-your-heart!

Man, I feel so good when I leave a gas station, ...cause not only is the escalating price of gas not something I'm concerned with, when I leave a gas station, I know i'm making a lot of people there happy.
(and NO, ...not because I'm leaving)  >:(  What? ...you didn't think I say that comin' a mile away?   ;)   :P

I get to share information about something that brings real value and positively impacts their lives!

This little light of mine.... I'm gonna let it shine... this little light of mine... i'm gonna let it shine...
This little light of mine.... I'M GONNA LET IT SHINE, LET IT SHINE, LET IT SHINE, LET IT SHINE!  ;D

By the way, ...have you ever heard my theme song <--click me (Listen closely to the lyrics)   :D

lol.  What, no video?   :)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2007, 02:48:30 AM »
lol.  What, no video?   :)

You can see the video here: VIDEO <--click me

There's also another video that describes How It Works <--click me
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2007, 10:55:59 AM »
You can see the video here: VIDEO <--click me

There's also another video that describes How It Works <--click me

You're welcome (for that opening).   :)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2007, 01:58:46 PM »
You're welcome (for that opening).   :)

{giggle}  Thank You  :)   :-*

We also have Audio <--click me as well.  :D  (This was recorded on Jan 30, 2007)
These are a bunch of truckers discussing the mileage results & $$$ savings they're getting with the products.

You really should listen to it, it's pretty eye-opening  :o
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2007, 01:07:38 AM »
The long awaited and much anticipated broadcast is finally here

The World Business Review is "Your television source for factual information about the latest topics, trends and solutions to industry problems." The long awaited WBR television show featuring Fuel Freedom International will air this March 13, 2007, on Bravo and on March 14, 2007, on CNBC.

This FFi show for World Business Review is a phenomenal documentary that profiles FFi. To create it, Randy Ray, Co-Founder and Co-Owner of FFi, and Jerry Lang, a world renowned combustion and refining expert, were interviewed by Norman Schwarzkopf, an American hero, best known for his serving as General, Commander in Chief, United States Central Command, and Commander of Operations of Desert Shield and Desert Storm. Also in the studio were Wendy Lewis, Co-Founder and Co-Owner of FFi, and Debbie Kurley, Director of FFi Operations. All are pictured above.

World Business Review is an American television news magazine. The weekly series is among the longest running utilizing this format, and originally was hosted by Casper Weinberger, former Secretary of Defense and Chairman of Forbes Magazine. It was then hosted for six years by Alexander Haig, and is now hosted by Norman Schwarzkopf. The show is directed by Emmy Award winning Alan Levy.

WBR discusses business and technology, presenting short segments about specific companies and their products, with supporting material from field reports and industry experts. It provides education about the latest topics, trends and issues in a variety of industries. Therefore, this business educational series is used by a number of major colleges and universities as a course supplement.

WBR is independently produced by Multi-Media Productions USA, Inc., and is distributed worldwide on CNBC and Bravo, as paid programming. WBR airs internationally in Canada and on Asia Television and can be accessed 24/7 via wbrtv.com. WBR can also be seen on United Airlines In-Flight Programming.

To see the specific broadcast times for this particular episode in your area,
please click here:
http://www.wbrtv.com/broadcast/1821.html <--click me

w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 12:23:05 AM »
:o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

Now it looks like gas price increases have spread to Oregon as well!

www.kptv.com/video/11231789/index.html?taf=ptl1
<--click me (video link)
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2007, 12:25:32 AM »
:o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

Don't think New Jersey is immune either...
this juggernaught is rolling right across North America

www.kptv.com/video/11231950/index.html?taf=ptl1
<--click me (video link)

...and we're not even into peak driving season yet.  :-\
w

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2007, 09:28:02 AM »
I'm sending the IRS the bill.

Dollar-for-dollar deduction for every penny paid over $2.25/gallon in 2006.