Author Topic: Low carbohydrate "diets" are....................  (Read 10363 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Low carbohydrate "diets" are....................
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2007, 05:58:11 PM »
carbs do not need eliminating but I believe in carb timing - using carbs at the correct times.  For breakfeast and before training/after training. Veggies should always be eaten though.
Agree. And types of carbs, too. That's about it. Too easy.  ;)

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2007, 06:02:22 PM »
exactamundo, calories in vs. calories out.
[/quote
All cals are NOT created equal though.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2007, 06:03:36 PM »
exactamundo, calories in vs. calories out.
[/quote
All cals are NOT created equal though.
yes they are, tell me how they're "created" different.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2007, 06:04:06 PM »
40 40 20
S

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2007, 06:13:43 PM »
im gonna go with palumbo on this one. Ketogenic diets work very well and allows the dieter to manipulate fullness at their own request.
-

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2007, 06:17:04 PM »
the adonis principles simply dont work for a guy on aas and peptides. Altered genetics would cause one to go catabolic on a diet like that. Increased protein synthesis, altered lipids and increased metabolism. That is where a protein req. is necessary. Just my 2 cents
-

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2007, 06:59:08 PM »
I eat enough Bruegger's Bagels and White Castle I might be a Jewish stoner, but I like to believe I still look significantly better than the 'average' American. Low carb has gotta be bullshit.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2007, 07:09:21 PM »
All diets work.  

.......but not for bodybuilding, why do you think your "principals" are original? this is nothing new, it's a theorie that's been around forever, it common freaking sense, you burn off more than you take in and lose weight.....pretty simple, huh?

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2007, 07:14:55 PM »
the dumbest thing on earth, discuss.

agreed actually

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2007, 07:18:13 PM »
Have had great success with them for close to 20 years. In fact it has worked everytime in getting a competitor ripped, full and dry.  :)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2007, 07:20:00 PM »

.......but not for bodybuilding, why do you think your "principals" are original? this is nothing new, it's a theorie that's been around forever, it common freaking sense, you burn off more than you take in and lose weight.....pretty simple, huh?

Again.
"Well, it works like this. I have come up with a formula that determines down to the exact limit of how much heat I release in a closed system. I have come up with this formula based solely on each individuals performance so Anyone is capable of doing this.

Here is a before and after. I haver ALWAYS been a hard trainer and have used conventional methods in the past regarding diet. I have gotten lean on the typical bodybuilder diet, but I also got WEAKER,more tired,felt awful and not to mention it is inconvenient,not economical or practical.

I got fat eating Chicken Breast and Oatmeal and eating clean, I got Ripped eating, Ice Cream and Krispy Kreme.

The idea of eating 700 lbs of meat(350 grams of protein a day for a year) to build about 48 ounces of muscle(about the lifetime natural limit`s average muscle building potential) is just an inefficient waste of heat energy. The body is an effecient processor and science dictates that eating in this manner is futile and pointless. This being based on the conversion of energy. It simply makes zero sense to put in 700 lbs of potential energy to convert into 48 ounces of a different form of stored potential energy. It does not add up!
Matter can neither be created nor destroyed so as you can see, most of this 700 lbs is just wasted potential energy.

Now my equation can be utilized by anyone to be whatever Bodyfat their heart desires at any given time. This means anyone can also hold whatever conditioning they want indefinitely since they know their heat values. They can adjust accordingly at any moment up or down to manipulate fat storage.....You can essentially pick a single date on the calendar and to the DAY, determine EXACTLY what bodyfat you will be.

I also do no cardio and lift about 3 or 4 days a week.

The best part is, you do this by eating whatever your heart desires. I like Burger King,Krispy Kreme,Cake and Cookies and Pizza. So that is what I eat. I also eat off the Food Network. And my favorite, Ice Cream! Everyday! hahah MY girlfriend is one hell of a cook and we like to pick up specials from the fish market as well. The choices are limitless....Whatever you want."
-The True Adonis

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2007, 07:42:29 PM »
30-40 White Castle sliders, awesomeness in a cardboard box.

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2007, 07:44:20 PM »
Again.
"Well, it works like this. I have come up with a formula that determines down to the exact limit of how much heat I release in a closed system. I have come up with this formula based solely on each individuals performance so Anyone is capable of doing this.

Here is a before and after. I haver ALWAYS been a hard trainer and have used conventional methods in the past regarding diet. I have gotten lean on the typical bodybuilder diet, but I also got WEAKER,more tired,felt awful and not to mention it is inconvenient,not economical or practical.

I got fat eating Chicken Breast and Oatmeal and eating clean, I got Ripped eating, Ice Cream and Krispy Kreme.

The idea of eating 700 lbs of meat(350 grams of protein a day for a year) to build about 48 ounces of muscle(about the lifetime natural limit`s average muscle building potential) is just an inefficient waste of heat energy. The body is an effecient processor and science dictates that eating in this manner is futile and pointless. This being based on the conversion of energy. It simply makes zero sense to put in 700 lbs of potential energy to convert into 48 ounces of a different form of stored potential energy. It does not add up!
Matter can neither be created nor destroyed so as you can see, most of this 700 lbs is just wasted potential energy.

Now my equation can be utilized by anyone to be whatever Bodyfat their heart desires at any given time. This means anyone can also hold whatever conditioning they want indefinitely since they know their heat values. They can adjust accordingly at any moment up or down to manipulate fat storage.....You can essentially pick a single date on the calendar and to the DAY, determine EXACTLY what bodyfat you will be.

The best part is, you do this by eating whatever your heart desires. I like Burger King,Krispy Kreme,Cake and Cookies and Pizza. So that is what I eat. I also eat off the Food Network. And my favorite, Ice Cream! Everyday! hahah MY girlfriend is one hell of a cook and we like to pick up specials from the fish market as well. The choices are limitless....Whatever you want."
-The True Adonis

But where do the thousands and thousands of grams of sugar go as "potential energy"?  You say that a lot of that meat would turn into waste gaining 48 oz of muscle.  If you gain the same amount of muscle on simple sugars and fats, where is the excess waste product there?  Isn't it the same?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2007, 10:43:38 PM »
maybe TA cant afford a high protein diet  ;D

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2007, 10:59:43 PM »
Have had great success with them for close to 20 years. In fact it has worked everytime in getting a competitor ripped, full and dry.  :)

Thats bullcrap........accordin g to Adonis, you can just have Kamali cut back on the Krispy Creams and Big Macs and he'll be shredded....problem solved :-\!!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2007, 11:01:23 PM »
Again.

-The True Adonis

Dude, this is spin...........you keep mentioning a "formula" but you don't (can't) say what the "formula" is.

Bodies

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2007, 12:07:40 AM »
please explain how such a diet enables you to simultaneously BUILD muscle - because it sounds like it is just a cutting diet very similar to what Mentzer used to preach about dieting "a calorie is a calorie" - which as we all know is complete bullshit....

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2007, 04:26:44 AM »
The sad thing is, I could actually help you from being a fat ass. 
sad thing is you think you are correct

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2007, 05:29:15 AM »
agree that low carb diets suck, I tried it once and I regret it. I have never been one to have issues with food. I dont get cravings, I can pass on desert, no problem. Dont have an addictive personality at all. No issues with food at all. Never understood the problems the people have sticking to diets. I thought they were undisiplined and cry babies. 

Then I decided to do the Atkins thing, first 'diet' in my life, big mistake. I cut out a lot of carbs and next thing you know I was craving chocolate cake out of the blue, and I never even ate it much before. I thought I was going crazy. I  became obsessed with carbs. My cravings were getting in the way of my day, I couldn't think straight. For the first time I understood what it meant to be addicted to something. I felt sorry for all the people that live with cravings, food or anything else. It was just awful. And the worst part is when I went back to a normal diet I still had the cravings. Its been a year now and I am finally getting back to normal. The diet screwed me up and I will never do any kind of specific type dieting where one food is left out. Once you fuck with your body like that it is hard to get back to normal.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2007, 05:46:59 AM »
I don`t have a point system.  You can eat whatever you like.  With my formula you can Predict on an individual basis, how many calories you need down to the Thousandth even.  Plus with my formula, it is constantly being applied and re-evaluated and adjusts to any differeing change in metabolism or muscle increase. 

No other diet offers this ability.   

You claim that you can eat whatever on "your" diet.

Basically the reason why traditional diets, low in fats and moderate in proteins, have failed over the years, are lack of satiety.

Because all cutting diets are based on the premise that you eat less than you use.

Here's an interesting article.

The results are what they are.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3722221.stm

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2007, 05:52:39 AM »
I'm carb cycling as we speak. 3 low carb days (under 50 grams) and one loading day where I eat as much as I want WHEN I want. I've been on it for two weeks now and have already lost 6lbs to date without a loss of strength. When I do take my carbs in on the low carb days, just like boardsherriff said, I eat the before and immediately after a workout. I don't feel like a zombie and am noticing more and more cuts as the days go by. We'll find out wether or not I keep the weight off, but low card diets have their place.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2007, 05:59:05 AM »
similar to what Mentzer used to preach about dieting "a calorie is a calorie" - which as we all know is complete bullshit....

Actually, it's not bullshit as long as you include an important caveat:

"Given adequate protein intake, a calorie is a calorie"

Hope this helps.
Ron: "I am lazy."

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2007, 06:02:04 AM »
I don't feel like a zombie

That's surprising, since 50g/carbs/day is low enough to put you in ketosis, yet three days isn't long enough to properly adapt to it.  :-\
Ron: "I am lazy."

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2007, 06:22:58 AM »

That's surprising, since 50g/carbs/day is low enough to put you in ketosis, yet three days isn't long enough to properly adapt to it.  :-\
Whatever I'm doing is working man. The first week it took two days to get into ketosis. The day AFTER my first loading day threw me right back into it. I'm losing about a lb or so every couple days. I haven't lost shit for strength yet but I'm still waiting for THAT shit to come down on me. Now that I think about it, this week I've gone 4 days and loading on the 5th. I went and extra day to see how THAT feels and our family is having a rather large get together with lots of eats. I figured I'd suffer for one more day to get a crack at some brisket and potato salad. I don't get cravings anymore either. I'm doing this on the advice from quite a few and am taking it with a grain of salt.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2007, 06:30:52 AM »
Whatever I'm doing is working man. The first week it took two days to get into ketosis. The day AFTER my first loading day threw me right back into it. I'm losing about a lb or so every couple days. I haven't lost shit for strength yet but I'm still waiting for THAT shit to come down on me. Now that I think about it, this week I've gone 4 days and loading on the 5th. I went and extra day to see how THAT feels and our family is having a rather large get together with lots of eats. I figured I'd suffer for one more day to get a crack at some brisket and potato salad. I don't get cravings anymore either. I'm doing this on the advice from quite a few and am taking it with a grain of salt.

Carb cycling works ! I go low carbs on my cardio days (under 100 grams) and eat more carbs on my workout days (150 grams).  Not as extreme as you, I have lost 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks -  nice and gradual.
K