Author Topic: ---- EXPERT ADVICE NEEDED----PLEASE  (Read 3029 times)

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
---- EXPERT ADVICE NEEDED----PLEASE
« on: March 11, 2007, 03:15:30 PM »
My schedule change is going to have me training first thing in the morning----can I have some opinions on if i should eat my first big meal (breakfast) before training

or if i should grab a banana and a protein shake before training and then eat huge afterward (before work)
ah yeah Im a voodo child

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: ---- EXPERT ADVICE NEEDED----PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 04:27:09 PM »
The latter is preferable, if the time between eating and training is an hour or less. If it is longer, have a bigger breakfast. You want to have some food to kickstart your body for the day, but you don't want so much that it interferes with your workout.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 04:48:33 PM »
Two days a week I train in the mornings. Since I'm usually not hungry I'll grab a glass of juice & some coffee & then his the gym about an hour later.

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 04:54:27 PM »
Two days a week I train in the mornings. Since I'm usually not hungry I'll grab a glass of juice & some coffee & then his the gym about an hour later.

good call, and the gentleman who replied above made good sense too---the only thing that concerned me was not having a good meal in me before training--but i am currently bulking, so I always eat heavy before bed, which means there probably isnt a shrotage of calories, or risk of burning muscle while training

that was my main concern, but i think Im in good shape---as always thanks brothers
ah yeah Im a voodo child

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 04:56:02 PM »

No offense Rim, but (I know you know) this is not optimal.
:

4thAD

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 06:08:21 PM »
The goal is to have enough good food in your body to fuel your body through your workout. But not so much that you waste your energy digesting a meal. Your body uses a lot of energy just digesting, and you want that energy to power through your workout.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 08:50:43 AM »
No offense Rim, but (I know you know) this is not optimal.

True & none taken but it works for me. I'm simply not hungry in the morning. On the three days a week I work the day shift I have to force myself to eat otherwise I'd just sit there & have a cup of coffee & not eat (then if works busy I might not be able to).

Here's what my Wednesday & Thursday look like:
Get up about 8:15 I have a 30oz bottle of Kagome Juice (the stuff is great), take 10 Universal Liver Tablet (for a little protein), take my vitamins, & then a cup or two off coffee. I'll then go to the gym about 9:15 or 9:30.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 10:19:46 AM »
I have been training in the morning for years.  I'm up at 4:00am.  I take a pre-workout ECA stack and about 7 grams of BCAAs and 10 grams of amino acid liquid and I'm off to workout at 4:30 am  About 1/2 through my workout I take another 5 grams of BCAAs, then another 5 once I'm done.  I head home at 5:45 am, make a post workout shake, shower get ready, then have some egg whites and oatmeal and I'm at work for 7:15-30.  I prep all my food the night before so there is no worries in the morning.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 10:29:18 AM »
I forgot to add that with my work out I take 7.5 grams of Taurine, 7.5 grams of BCAA's, 7.5 grams of L-Tyrosine, & 7.5 grams of Glutamine. All are in powder form & are addedd to my water.

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 06:46:37 AM »
I forgot to add that with my work out I take 7.5 grams of Taurine, 7.5 grams of BCAA's, 7.5 grams of L-Tyrosine, & 7.5 grams of Glutamine. All are in powder form & are addedd to my water.

What's the theory behind your "7.5g Method"?  Just curious.  7.5 grams of Tyrosine seems a bit excessive.  Same with Glutamine in my opinion.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 07:19:28 AM »
What's the theory behind your "7.5g Method"?  Just curious.  7.5 grams of Tyrosine seems a bit excessive.  Same with Glutamine in my opinion.

No real theory I just take 1/2 a tablespoon of each which is about 7.5 grams of each. I'll probably only take the Taurine in a couple months. I'm just  taking the glutamine & tyrosine until their gone (which is probably in about three months - I've got a couple pounds left). I wanted to experiment to see if taking them during my workout made any difference (I haven't noticed any).

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 07:33:07 AM »
You "idea" nutritional plan might differ depending on what your goals were...

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 07:36:17 AM »
No real theory I just take 1/2 a tablespoon of each which is about 7.5 grams of each. I'll probably only take the Taurine in a couple months. I'm just  taking the glutamine & tyrosine until their gone (which is probably in about three months - I've got a couple pounds left). I wanted to experiment to see if taking them during my workout made any difference (I haven't noticed any).

Good explanation.  Makes sense now.  I also like to experiment with different strategies that I come up with on my own.  Still waiting for the one that "WORKS WONDERS!"