Author Topic: Halliburton headquarters moving  (Read 4957 times)

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
Halliburton headquarters moving
« on: March 12, 2007, 05:11:18 AM »
Heard a blurb on the news last night.
Halliburton is moving it's headquarters from Texas to Dubai.

I guess the pipeline must be close to  being finished.
Sandra

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Halliburton headquarters moving
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 05:15:54 AM »
Bush is moving to Paraguay in 2009.

Is the US going to be an un-fun place to live soon?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 06:43:14 AM »
Bush is moving to Paraguay in 2009.

Is the US going to be an un-fun place to live soon?

Not to worry, ...for those of you who don't mind a little decriminalized marijuana, legal same sex marriage,
legal toplessness on women, and free health insurance, ...there's always Canada.  :P the weather sucks tho

w

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 10:01:45 AM »
Not to worry, ...for those of you who don't mind a little decriminalized marijuana, legal same sex marriage,
legal toplessness on women, and free health insurance, ...there's always Canada.  :P the weather sucks tho

can I come visit you?  Where are some nice places to live?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 10:03:39 AM »
BTW - Halliburton is under Justice Department Securities and Exchange Commission investigation over allegations of improper dealings in Iraq, Kuwait and Nigeria and .....probably just a coincidence but Dubai has no extradition agreement with the US

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 10:09:31 AM »
BTW - Halliburton is under Justice Department Securities and Exchange Commission investigation over allegations of improper dealings in Iraq, Kuwait and Nigeria and .....probably just a coincidence but Dubai has no extradition agreement with the US

Wow,  imagine that!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 10:48:31 AM »

coincidentally, Pres Bush bought 100,000 acres for a new living compound down there in Paraguay.  His family has been down there a lot.  And they have a non-extradition policy for political crimes, coincidentally.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 10:51:52 AM »

Wow, who would have figured?

Can this whole Iraq War get anymore effed up? What a disaster.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 04:31:14 PM »

How many dead Americans helped pave the way for Halliburton's profitable move? 

Great work, guys!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 04:33:44 PM »
can I come visit you?  Where are some nice places to live?

Yes. You seem like an OK guy.

Some great places to live are Toronto of course, ...but prices are a little steep, ...and Montreal.  ;)
w

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 04:38:38 PM »
coincidentally, Pres Bush bought 100,000 acres for a new living compound down there in Paraguay.  His family has been down there a lot.  And they have a non-extradition policy for political crimes, coincidentally.

1% of the population owns 77% of the land. It's a Bush kind of place.  ::)

Ah, I'm just wallowing in class envy. I've always wanted to have a compound.  :(

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 04:46:13 PM »
How many dead Americans helped pave the way for Halliburton's profitable move? 

Great work, guys!

Good job, headhunter.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2007, 04:52:14 PM »
Good job, headhunter.

That's not very nice. In fact, that is completely uncalled for and out of line.

Headhunter may have been an unwilling participant in nefarious doings, but he was a soldier willing to put his life on the line to protect your ass, and deserves at least some degree of respectful consideration for that.

He's not Halliburton, and he doesn't make decisions for Halliburton.

If this thing had gone according to plan, how the idiots fantasized it would turn out, people would be hailing HH as a hero. Bottom line is, he at least has the balls to stand up and put his life on the line for you. Even if it was due to a pack of lie that he bought hook, line, and sinker, ...it is more than so many others are willing to do. Now show the man some respect.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2007, 05:16:38 PM »
didn't headhunter re-enlist after being exposed to 9/11 truth?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2007, 05:45:12 PM »

Headhunter may have been an unwilling participant in nefarious doings, but he was a soldier willing to put his life on the line to protect your ass, and deserves at least some degree of respectful consideration for that.

If this thing had gone according to plan, how the idiots fantasized it would turn out, people would be hailing HH as a hero. Bottom line is, he at least has the balls to stand up and put his life on the line for you. Even if it was due to a pack of lie that he bought hook, line, and sinker, ...it is more than so many others are willing to do. Now show the man some respect.

Oh brother...  ::) I think he's perfectly aware of everything as are you and I, but does it despite that, as do alot of other military folk.

I respect headhunter, maybe more so than you. I have friends serving in the armed forces and I want their ass back safe. But my respect for them will not blind me from saying what I have to say and from the truth.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2007, 06:01:20 PM »

Jag . . . is that you?   :o

:)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2007, 09:38:18 PM »
Oh brother...  ::) I think he's perfectly aware of everything as are you and I, but does it despite that, as do alot of other military folk.

And there's a reason for that. The sooner you understand the reasoning, the sooner you'll be able to place the blame where it properly belongs, ...and it's not on the backs of those who were at least fortunate enough to survive the killing fields they were so callously thrown into.  He's back state-side now. He's just left one war-zone, don't throw him into another. Give him a bit of time to allow the truth to seep in.

I respect headhunter, maybe more so than you. I have friends serving in the armed forces and I want their ass back safe. But my respect for them will not blind me from saying what I have to say and from the truth.

How can you respect those who you blame? That doesn't make sense to me. Can you explain it?
w

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2007, 10:08:31 PM »
Heard a blurb on the news last night.
Halliburton is moving it's headquarters from Texas to Dubai.

MattT foresaw this move months ago, and set up "business interests" in Dubai, India!  ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2007, 10:34:56 PM »
I don't like this.  I have never been a fan of American companies outsourcing work outside of the U.S.  There is just something un-American about it. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2007, 09:25:19 AM »
I don't like this.  I have never been a fan of American companies outsourcing work outside of the U.S.  There is just something un-American about it. 

Exactly.  Especially when Americans have paid billions of dollars and lost thousands of lives to make it happen.

Now that Halliburton has its move set, we should call for an immediate cease-fire and withdrawal. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2007, 09:30:29 AM »
1. Haliburton doesn't face a corporate tax in Dubai

2. US will be running fullscale oil operations in the middle east for the next 100 years, and HB/KBR are the firms running it all.  Closer to the action.

3. Haliburton is facing multiple investigations for fraud of course, and when Bush/Cheny leave office, they will no longer be able to protect them.

4. US economy up for a major dump.  Real estate will fall first (did you see the #2 lender in US is about to declare benkruptcy?) which will drop Dow and then the floor falls out.  Haliburton doesn't want to see stock hit.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2007, 10:59:53 AM »
They will still have to pay US corporate taxes for some time, I heard on the radio today.
Valhalla awaits.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2007, 11:12:48 AM »
<< Remember the big brouhaha that arose when a Dubai-based company was in line to take over the operation of several major U.S. ports last year? Members of Congress were in high dudgeon over that and in the end the plan was abandoned.

So how do we feel knowing that virtually the entire supply line for our over-extended troops in Iraq and Afghanistan is now in the hands of a Dubai corporation, and that it has its hooks into the central policy arm of our government, Blair House and the Office of the Vice President?

Next time Halliburton's KBR subsidiary serves our troops toxic, bacteria-ridden food, or puts untreated Euphrates River water into their canteens, maybe we should look harder to see if this was just another case of corporate corner and cost-cutting, or whether something more sinister was at work.

We--and members of Congress, if they still remember how to do their job--ought to be asking whether Halliburton's move to Dubai has anything to do with anticipated business should Cheney get his way and the U.S. attacks Iran this spring. Since such a war would inevitably include the destruction of much of Iran's state-owned oil industry, it would represent a huge new business opportunity for Halliburton, which first and foremost is an oil-services company.

Seeing all this is much easier with Halliburton based in Dubai, rather than Houston. Especially when you also consider the new oil law written by America and passed by the Iraqi parliament, which opens Iraq's oil reserves to American oil companies.

The American soldiers and marines stuck in Iraq, who have long been led to believe that they are over there fighting to defend America, should have little trouble these days seeing that they are really fighting and dying for Halliburton, Exxon/Mobil and Chevronand Dubai. >>

http://www.counterpunch.org/lindorff03132007.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2007, 11:44:12 AM »
They will still have to pay US corporate taxes for some time, I heard on the radio today.

I doubt the corporation pays much in taxes anyway.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2007, 12:38:25 PM »
Corporations pay a shitload of taxes. Why do you think they always try to have fake holding companies in the Caymens and stuff like that.
Valhalla awaits.