Author Topic: Is Aspirating Overrated?!  (Read 3157 times)

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Is Aspirating Overrated?!
« on: March 12, 2007, 07:42:36 PM »
How many of you don't ever aspirate? Do you think the risks if not aspirating are overrated?

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
Re: Is Aspirating Overrated?!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 08:05:12 PM »
fuck around, shoot a vein and find out.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 08:14:26 PM »
Dont want to send a slug of oil IV. 
Hard to reach and pull back?
I pinch that plunger, right @ the top of the barrel W/ just 2 finger tips & PRESS DOWN on The Barrel top
(deeper into the meat) same effect as pulling back plunger, but can be done in more awkward to reach spot.
Lats & hips too big! Too many squats and rows!
Next thing- cant wipe ass.

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 08:18:40 PM »
Dont want to send a slug of oil IV. 
Hard to reach and pull back?
I pinch that plunger, right @ the top of the barrel W/ just 2 finger tips & PRESS DOWN on The Barrel top
(deeper into the meat) same effect as pulling back plunger, but can be done in more awkward to reach spot.
Lats & hips too big! Too many squats and rows!
Next thing- cant wipe ass.

...yeah but what are the chances that you hit a vein if go deep enough into the muscle? Have you heard of anyone hurting himself by doing that?

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 08:30:46 PM »
I think Milos had a bad adventure few years back. Synthol. How many cc? I dont know.
Sudden cardiac "event" is what they call it. hospital time right now. Sick as a dog for a long while recovering too. If your goin in w/ tiny little 5/8" and 1/2- 1cc prolly not high risk.
Dont you big Euro guys like about 5cc at a time ;)

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 08:31:39 PM »
...yeah but what are the chances that you hit a vein if go deep enough into the muscle? Have you heard of anyone hurting himself by doing that?

yes, if you hit a vein and send it full of oil and air, as i told another dipshoit with this same goofy type of thread.... it will read on your tombstone: he was a good guy, but he forgot to aspirate..... ::)

if you are too lazy to pull back a 1/8 inch on a plunger to see if blood goes in it, I would hate to see your training regimen    :-\
ah yeah Im a voodo child

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 08:36:32 PM »
How many of you don't ever aspirate? Do you think the risks if not aspirating are overrated?

Please give me a good reason why you would not aspirate?  I just wanna know why people are resistant to this.  Sure plenty dont, but lots of people still think seat belts are a bad idea  ::)

And yes Milos did almost die by injecting oil in a vien, he has been very open about this, he said cause he does not want others to make the same mistake.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 08:38:23 PM »
No, not overrated. Second, why not just go ahead and do it, it takes 1 second...literally.

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 08:39:09 PM »
I think Milos had a bad adventure few years back. Synthol. How many cc? I dont know.
Sudden cardiac "event" is what they call it. hospital time right now. Sick as a dog for a long while recovering too. If your goin in w/ tiny little 5/8" and 1/2- 1cc prolly not high risk.
Dont you big Euro guys like about 5cc at a time ;)

Milos diagnose was "anaphylactic shock" which is an allergic reaction to a substance , and this comes from Criss Clark himself who went with Milos in th ER. the rumor is that it was caused by unsterille "EsikClean" oil.Hitting a vein with oil is supposed to cause embolism (lungs or brain) not an anaphylactic shock.

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 08:41:58 PM »
Milos diagnose was "anaphylactic shock" which is an allergic reaction to a substance , and this comes from Criss Clark himself who went with Milos in th ER. the rumor is that it was caused by unsterille "EsikClean" oil.Hitting a vein with oil is supposed to cause embolism (lungs or brain) not an anaphylactic shock.

you believe what those boys said when they came out of the ER? Milos has warned several bb's in the community of the danger of not aspirating----openly discussed

I cant believe we are even having this discussion, it takes a half a second to aspirate... ASPIRATE DAMN IT
ah yeah Im a voodo child

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 08:47:54 PM »

you believe what those boys said when they came out of the ER? Milos has warned several bb's in the community of the danger of not aspirating----openly discussed

I cant believe we are even having this discussion, it takes a half a second to aspirate... ASPIRATE DAMN IT
I'm more likely to believe Criss Clark, than what comes out of the mouth of stupid journalist, and all kinds of other idiots...And I do Always aspirate, cause I'm too fvckin paranoid about it, and that's why i dont shoot in the glutes - cause it's hard for me to aspirate...

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 08:51:10 PM »

This is the truth, Milos said it on getbig a couple times.  Why would Milos lie about that?  And yes it does just take a half second.  Really silly to argue G, you still have not given me a good reason not to do it.

ariton

• Getbig I
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2007, 08:56:27 PM »
And I do Always aspirate, cause I'm too fvckin paranoid about it, and that's why i dont shoot in the glutes - cause it's hard for me to aspirate...

Aspirating is very difficult into the glute and shoulder.  Does anybody know of a website that shows proper technique for aspirating a deltoid shot?  There are a number of sites that give a good discriptions and pictures of where, but I've always struggled to hold the barrel steady and aspirate with only one hand (delts).  Any suggestions?

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2007, 08:58:04 PM »

If you inject an oil bases substance into any vein there is a risk of thrombus formation---which leads to emboli within the brain and lungs.

The injecting air is an old wives tail.  It takes something like 200-300 ccs of air rapidly infused IV into a very, very large vein to actually kill a human.  I've actually seen an IV pump malfunction lead to injection of 28 ccs of air into a small dog (weighed 18 lbs) with absolutely no ill effects.  

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2007, 10:22:04 PM »
If you inject an oil bases substance into any vein there is a risk of thrombus formation---which leads to emboli within the brain and lungs.

The injecting air is an old wives tail.  It takes something like 200-300 ccs of air rapidly infused IV into a very, very large vein to actually kill a human.  I've actually seen an IV pump malfunction lead to injection of 28 ccs of air into a small dog (weighed 18 lbs) with absolutely no ill effects. 

True!
 As far as science explains it, less than 1/2 cc of any oil injected into a blood vessel will surely cause embolism and eventual death in less than a minute or so. Not sure if they have any evidence to support this.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 11:11:06 AM »
to be totaly honest, i never usualy aspirate in glute shots,,, always do elsewhere.. i think the thing with the glute shots is ive been havin them in the same place for so long and nothing has happend

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2007, 11:21:50 AM »
Some things just make perfect sense to me, this is one of them.

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2007, 11:35:41 AM »
No, not overrated. Second, why not just go ahead and do it, it takes 1 second...literally.

Amen to that it's not like you're saving time by not aspirating.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2007, 03:19:40 PM »
My left quad has given back blood several times. I avoid it till I'm out of others.
Ive only once ever pulled up blood from a glute/hip. Delts, never a problem.

Also: Like I said before- If you dont sink the thing all the way to the hub, it may penetrate a blood vessel while injecting.
The Med books say: Use the right length needle for the subjests particular muscle group you'r injecting.

udeluz

• Getbig IV
  • CLICK...CLICK...BOOM !!!!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2007, 04:37:19 PM »
For the few seconds that it takes, why wouldn't you?

I never used to, but have for my last two cycles.
U

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2007, 04:44:53 PM »

Also: Like I said before- If you dont sink the thing all the way to the hub, it may penetrate a blood vessel while injecting.
The Med books say: Use the right length needle for the subjests particular muscle group you'r injecting.
That's true , i use 1" - 1.5" for the quads and 5/8 for tri's. What size do you use for glutes...?

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2007, 05:18:21 PM »
I use 1" or 1 1/2"  23 or 25ga. on glutes. One of my legs is visably smaller from favoring a knee injury over a long time. Never really noticed till a Physical Therapist pointed it out.  I'll use 1" on that side.

I'll use 5/8 25s on delts/ arms w/ 1/2cc - 1cc in delts.  I've got paper thin skin most areas. Don't need the long ones except glutes.

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2007, 05:25:57 PM »
I use 1" or 1 1/2"  23 or 25ga. on glutes. One of my legs is visably smaller from favoring a knee injury over a long time. Never really noticed till a Physical Therapist pointed it out.  I'll use 1" on that side.

I'll use 5/8 25s on delts/ arms w/ 1/2cc - 1cc in delts.  I've got paper thin skin most areas. Don't need the long ones except glutes.

Dude , what the hell can you get through 25G? Sometimes I'm struggling with 23's and have to use 21G - now that bitch hurts....

4thAD

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2007, 05:36:28 PM »
Dude , what the hell can you get through 25G? Sometimes I'm struggling with 23's and have to use 21G - now that bitch hurts....

Warm up the gear and you can push through 25g pin. Might take a while. I have had some gear you can push through 25g with out warming. There is some gear out there so smooth it looks like water, but is extremely potent.

Here is a rule to live by: A little less masturbation and a little more aspiration! Or do I have that backwards, now I'm confused...

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2007, 06:02:13 PM »
I'll only go 1cc max of Enan, or deca thru a 25ga. I can push sus thru a 25, but it seems thicker.

It gets F'n cold in winter where I live, so that can be a prob.Warm it or go bigger. Got be carefull w/ big temperature changes to fast on a opened multidose vial. Can cause condensation/ moisture to form inside. Crystallization.

I push 1/2 to .6cc thru slin pins (load from back, pull the plunger) into real thin skin areas.
Never had a problem.  Stanoz, Ive had nothing but problems with anything other than 23ga.
All human grade stuff.