Author Topic: Movies are TOO long!  (Read 1818 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Movies are TOO long!
« on: March 12, 2007, 11:12:56 PM »
I'm starting to avoid going to the cinema to watch certain movies - they're just TOO damn long!

It's ok for watching at home, when you can have a break etc... but in the cinema? NO!

I don't know how it is in the US... but here there's commercials before the movie start, and then 2-3 trailers for upcoming movies... so all in all let's say a movie is 21.00 it doesn start until 15-20 minutes later due to all this! Add that to a movie that is 2,5-3 hours and that's a LONG time !

It KINDA depends on the movie, The Departed was OK to watch, but it was pushing it... being 151 minutes long.

But The Good Shepherd, by Robert De Niro is 167 minutes, that won't work! No way.

Z

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Movies are TOO long!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 06:43:30 AM »
I'm starting to avoid going to the cinema to watch certain movies - they're just TOO damn long!

It's ok for watching at home, when you can have a break etc... but in the cinema? NO!

I don't know how it is in the US... but here there's commercials before the movie start, and then 2-3 trailers for upcoming movies... so all in all let's say a movie is 21.00 it doesn start until 15-20 minutes later due to all this! Add that to a movie that is 2,5-3 hours and that's a LONG time !

It KINDA depends on the movie, The Departed was OK to watch, but it was pushing it... being 151 minutes long.

But The Good Shepherd, by Robert De Niro is 167 minutes, that won't work! No way.

Just show up late to the theater.  If a movie is good like The Departed, I don't mind it being long.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 06:50:13 AM »
I try to show up as late as possible... it's very hard to be away from Getbig for all that time  ;)
Z

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 01:26:08 PM »

You just described the theater experience in the US too.

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 01:33:16 PM »
I don't care how long a film is if it's good. I just don't like sitting with a load of girls I don't know in the cinema, especially the fucking paki's. They're the bastard worst

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 02:02:49 PM »
Almost never go to the cinema to. To many noisy retards. Don't like it. I don't need a bunch of strangers/assholes to watch a movie along with me at the same time in the same space.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 02:17:06 PM »
One need to be careful when to go... opening nights is pretty much outta the question
Z

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 02:45:26 PM »
One need to be careful when to go... opening nights is pretty much outta the question

For opening night, the movie has to be one I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing. I did it with Star Wars: Episode I, II, and III, and Spider-Man 2. I'll do it for Spider-Man 3 and Rob Zombie's Halloween.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 02:52:44 AM »
I can't even remember when I went on opening night... I did watch Halloween h20 on halloween though, which was pretty cool  8)
Z