Author Topic: Dems abandon war authority provision  (Read 2058 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Dems abandon war authority provision
« on: March 13, 2007, 12:18:46 AM »
Freaking Chickshit Bastards.  >:(

Top House Democrats retreated Monday from an attempt to limit President Bush's authority for taking military action against Iran

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070313/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_iraq

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
Re: Dems abandon war authority provision
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 05:23:02 AM »

Top House Democrats retreated Monday from an attempt to limit President Bush's authority for taking military action against Iran

Even they are smart enough to realize the war in Iraq is worthwhile.
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 05:39:48 AM »

THen just sack up and admit it's about the oil. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 05:43:20 AM »
THen just sack up and admit it's about the oil. 

Me or them? I think it is about the war on terror
gotta love life

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 05:51:35 AM »
Iran, it's about Iran.  They were telling the president he would have to go to congress before going to war with Iran, they're backing off from that.  That's the part that pisses me off...

The president should only be waging wars declared by Congress.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 05:55:27 AM »
Me or them? I think it is about the war on terror

oh geez.  here we go.  a war on terror which is caused by US aggression for oil  Admit it...

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 06:01:37 AM »
oh geez.  here we go.  a war on terror which is caused by US aggression for oil  Admit it...

That is not the truth 240, you know it as well as me. You are trying to say that if we never went to Iraq, terrorists wouldn't be planning harm for the US. Not even you can think that is true. And now the Dems are seeing that also and know that the next step is Iran. They just don't want to be the ones to call the shots because they are all pussies. They will let Bush call it and then turn on him and say what a mistake it was. The same thing that happened in Iraq. They know how important it is to be in Iraq, but they keep telling you sheeple on the left "oh we want the war over with" but don't do jack about it.
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 06:10:59 AM »
That is not the truth 240, you know it as well as me. You are trying to say that if we never went to Iraq, terrorists wouldn't be planning harm for the US. Not even you can think that is true. And now the Dems are seeing that also and know that the next step is Iran. They just don't want to be the ones to call the shots because they are all pussies. They will let Bush call it and then turn on him and say what a mistake it was. The same thing that happened in Iraq. They know how important it is to be in Iraq, but they keep telling you sheeple on the left "oh we want the war over with" but don't do jack about it.

Our intel agencies admit we made the terror threat in the world WORSE by invading Iraq.

It's such a self-fulfilling prophesy at this point.  Without an enemy in Iraq, we would have to leave, and we wouldn't be able to finish the oil pipeline.  So you have Bush/Gates - only putting in enough men to match the insurgency growth - cause they DON'T WANT TO WIN.

DOn't you get it?  You seriously think our almighty army, with the backing of Iraq's govt, can't win in 5 years?  They don't want to.  You guys fight your asses off, but behind the scenes, you're being held back, you're being intentionally mismanaged.

In Oct 2008, we'll magically declare vicoty and pull out.  Oil pipeline built, dems lose the war advanteage position, and they couldn't give a fck what happens in Iraq.  Sad but true.  You guys are getting punked for an oil pipeline timeline.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 08:38:55 AM »

Top House Democrats retreated Monday from an attempt to limit President Bush's authority for taking military action against Iran

Congress shouldn't do that.  BUSH should have the wisdom not to.   When we give congress the ability to prevent the president to do what's necessary in the moment i believe that in the long run it will get us in trouble.   

That's why BUSH was a bad choice from president, not that Gore or Kerry would have been better, He was just lesser of 2 evils IMO.

If it is true that we are there for teh OIL, then BUSH should have had the wisdom to insure we could stabilize the country after the invasion.  Why couldn't we get the this "pipeline" built anyway?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 08:42:18 AM »
If it is true that we are there for teh OIL, then BUSH should have had the wisdom to insure we could stabilize the country after the invasion.  Why could we get the this "pipeline" built anyway?

1) What if the insurgency is exxagerated?
2) What if the insurgency is agitated intentionally to stir fighting?

Before you call that crazy, think it thru.  If every Iraqi held hands tomorrow, Al Maliki would ask us to leave and would start a UN resolution to remove both us, and our bases.  We would stop getting their oil, as they - a soverign nation with a resource - would prefer to manage it themselves (and sell it AT market value- not below as they are now, to only the US). Pipeline being built - stopped immediately.

Is it in the US' best interest for there to be peace in Iraq?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 02:52:17 AM »
Congress shouldn't do that.  BUSH should have the wisdom not to.   When we give congress the ability to prevent the president to do what's necessary in the moment i believe that in the long run it will get us in trouble.   

That's why BUSH was a bad choice from president, not that Gore or Kerry would have been better, He was just lesser of 2 evils IMO.

If it is true that we are there for teh OIL, then BUSH should have had the wisdom to insure we could stabilize the country after the invasion.  Why couldn't we get the this "pipeline" built anyway?

I just think it's a massive mistake for Congress to give up powers granted them in the constitution.  They gave up one of the biggest powers they've ever had and they were about to take it back and then,... boom... out of the blue they up and say nah :-\  So I have to up and say, WTF Chickenshits...

This president is a goddamed psycho... But that's another point :D