Author Topic: Review of Phil Heath "The Gift - A New Beginning" DVD with LOTS of pics.  (Read 4615 times)

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
Hey Kevin, if you've got the time and are feeling generous, can you post some pics you took from the 1994 English Grand Prix that were published in FLEX? I ask cause I've seen just about every scanned pic from that era except for the ones from that contest. I remember seeing a B&W pic that you took of Kevin Levrone doing a hands clasped most muscular that was just mind blowing. You know the one I'm talking about?

I don't have them. That was pre digital so all the film went to the Weider offices in LA.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
I don't have them. That was pre digital so all the film went to the Weider offices in LA.

Damnation! That's such a shame cause that was some of your best work (and that speaks for itself 8)). I remember the front double bi shot of Charles Clairmonte showing insane biceps, Dorian looking way more sharper and incredible compared to his earlier showing in the Mr O of that year etc.

Maybe I'll scan them one day to show everyone what I'm talking about. If I do, I'll PM you the link. Keep up the good work :)

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
Damnation! That's such a shame cause that was some of your best work (and that speaks for itself 8)). I remember the front double bi shot of Charles Clairmonte showing insane biceps, Dorian looking way more sharper and incredible compared to his earlier showing in the Mr O of that year etc.

Maybe I'll scan them one day to show everyone what I'm talking about. If I do, I'll PM you the link. Keep up the good work :)

kiwiol: you need to scan some mass monster training articles from the 90s...just for inspiration!

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?

kiwiol: you need to scan some mass monster training articles from the 90s...just for inspiration!

I will indeed. In the early to mid-nineties, the internet wasn't anywhere near big or comprehensive as it is now and FLEX had the best photos of bodybuilders. Kevin Horton and Chris Lund used to outdo each other with every issue, not to mention the bodybuilders on average looked a lot better than the average pro of today :-\
Maybe I'll make a special thread of it. A lot of them are posted in the Truce thread, but I know tons of pics that should be scanned and posted so people can see how brilliant the photography was.