Author Topic: YOUR GUIDE TO GETTING RIPPED  (Read 6473 times)

Lugar

• Getbig IV
Re: YOUR GUIDE TO GETTING RIPPED
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2007, 08:22:22 AM »
I think I am pretty confident in my carb choices and my diet is def. more along that ratio than it ever has been.....

OATS
BANANAS
EZEKIEL WHOLE WHEAT BREAD
"""" PASTA
BROWN RICE
YAMS
SWEET POTS AND VEGGIES...........TIS ALL

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2007, 08:26:15 AM »
I think I am pretty confident in my carb choices and my diet is def. more along that ratio than it ever has been.....

OATS
BANANAS
EZEKIEL WHOLE WHEAT BREAD
"""" PASTA
BROWN RICE
YAMS
SWEET POTS AND VEGGIES...........TIS ALL

since this thread was about the GI originally-I just scanned it so I could be wrong, I gotta ask what type of pasta?
nasser=piece of shit

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2007, 08:27:45 AM »
DEFINATELY Whole wheat.....as much as I love it the good ol grandma white pasta....nuttn but whole wheat.....ezekiel makes a good brand too!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2007, 11:36:57 AM »
DEFINATELY Whole wheat.....as much as I love it the good ol grandma white pasta....nuttn but whole wheat.....ezekiel makes a good brand too!

here's the low glycemic grains form macrobolic nutrition, not the serving size but the actul grains themselves, don't have time to put serving sizes:

amaranth
barley
brown rice
buckwheat
bulgur
corn tortilla
pasta-seminola
pita-whole wheat
pumpernickel bread
rye bread
semolina
wheat tortilla
nasser=piece of shit

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2007, 02:46:05 PM »
so in other words , high in fibre carbs?

This GI thing is not worth looking to much into if your having fibre,fat,protein in each meal which im guessing most bb'ers are.

Whats got me confused is reading 'burn the fat , feed the muscle' then reading about the Adonis Principles

Completely contradicts.......and ALSO reading the pdf link that is at the top of this topic on Dieting Myths contradicts alot of 'BtF,FtM'

AH!   

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2007, 02:52:52 PM »
no oats.....wow

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2007, 04:13:45 PM »
no oats.....wow

I think oats are under "cereals" in that book, I'll have to double check later.  It's a good book but the diet has you eating ALOT of food.  I only did it for a little while so I can't really say if it's a good program or not but the Macrobolic Nutrition book is very well put together and very well written IMO.
nasser=piece of shit

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2007, 04:32:17 PM »
More exciting news about the McDonalds diet should be right around the corner.

Adam check your PM's? ;)
\

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2007, 05:50:47 PM »
gl I believe is mo important    bananas are up therre on the low end with apples I believe.  Yes,  high sugar but high fiber.  Slap some pb on em and its urrelevant......check ur pms 

The Jayhawker

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2007, 10:57:18 AM »
I've been following the "Warrior Diet" for almost two weeks now and have lost 18 pounds. Cardio 4 times a week for an hour each time. It's mostly fruits and vegetables.

To me it appears that when people seriously start to look in the GI levels is when they start to eat better anyway. So when they begin to lost weight it could be because they are eating better GI levels or because they are finally eating better. It's tough to say and VERY tough to challenge.

I have found out that diet is 80% of what loses weight and most people know that. But to get ripped is a combo of several things.

J

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2007, 11:15:17 AM »
Bingo!!!  Cardio is not the key although it helps in the end.....too many say, I'll do cardio everyday........train hard, eat right, and you can get big and ripped or lose fat and stay big without cardio!!  It's all diet...

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2007, 01:29:17 PM »
why do people say to nix bananas and fruit and bread to stay lean?  I wanted to incorporate both,once in my first meal of the day with pb, toast eggs and oats the other a few bananas with tosast some whey some tuna and some ww bread within an hour of training.....this is fine, right?

I have a half of a banana in my protein shake twice a day, everyday, and I'm probably in the single-digit bodyfat levels as a result of cleaning up my diet.  Bananas are fine.

My morning shake consists of:

half banana
scoop of raw oats
scoop of protein powder
cup of soy milk
few icecubes

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2007, 02:27:28 PM »
good to hear  I have 2 a day too.......and ezekiel toast.  u eat bread?  great carb source.  100 % organic.  as good as oats...   get some naturl pb  and mke a  few pb nana whey sandwhiches and forget the shake  if u wanna change or try my breakie.   1 half cup oats  1 ezekiel raisen english muffin  100 % while grain.  1 tb natty pb.  1 banana  .  1 egg.  1 cup of whites all mixed in my oats.    soooooo good.   I should make that 2 or 3 times a day.    perfect bodybuilding meal     keep us ripped too.

what does your daily plan look like meal by meal.  bulkin?  cardio?  stats?  sorry so many questions.....first time on a real bulk for me.....hoping hrt is gonna keep me lean  at 6'2   165 n prob    8 %......i better get every morsel of 4k down.....think I need to get a lil dirty?  u?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2007, 08:40:19 PM »
good to hear  I have 2 a day too.......and ezekiel toast.  u eat bread?  great carb source.  100 % organic.  as good as oats...   get some naturl pb  and mke a  few pb nana whey sandwhiches and forget the shake  if u wanna change or try my breakie.   1 half cup oats  1 ezekiel raisen english muffin  100 % while grain.  1 tb natty pb.  1 banana  .  1 egg.  1 cup of whites all mixed in my oats.    soooooo good.   I should make that 2 or 3 times a day.    perfect bodybuilding meal     keep us ripped too.

what does your daily plan look like meal by meal.  bulkin?  cardio?  stats?  sorry so many questions.....first time on a real bulk for me.....hoping hrt is gonna keep me lean  at 6'2   165 n prob    8 %......i better get every morsel of 4k down.....think I need to get a lil dirty?  u?

Lugar, you are the last person that should be handing out ANY dietary advice.
:

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2007, 09:22:41 PM »
I've been following the "Warrior Diet" for almost two weeks now and have lost 18 pounds. Cardio 4 times a week for an hour each time. It's mostly fruits and vegetables.

9 lbs/ week!?  Stop immediately!  You are losing muscle like there's no tomorrow!  Losing any more than 2 lbs/ week is highly suspect imo.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2007, 05:48:00 AM »
very true.   same with gaining weight.  3 max.  what about on a good cycle?    3 to 4?   

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2007, 11:59:14 AM »
bump for others with a   nana pb n tast fetish....lol

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2007, 03:49:30 PM »
9 lbs/ week!?  Stop immediately!  You are losing muscle like there's no tomorrow!  Losing any more than 2 lbs/ week is highly suspect imo.

If he's lost 18lbs in two weeks he is most likely holding a large amount of bodyfat, and the reduction in carbs has caused his body to lose a large amount of water.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2007, 05:04:12 PM »
If he's lost 18lbs in two weeks he is most likely holding a large amount of bodyfat, and the reduction in carbs has caused his body to lose a large amount of water.

I agree, but 18lbs in 2 weeks is too quick.  Hopefully he'll rethink his methods.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2007, 06:17:50 PM »
princess I can hold a cabdle to most  on nutritiion   ......applying it to mysrelf is a different  story.  but my overall knowledge is top noch.....

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2007, 06:29:54 PM »
princess I can hold a cabdle to most  on nutritiion   ......applying it to mysrelf is a different  story.  but my overall knowledge is top noch.....

...you're one of those "do as I say not as I do" people.  ;)

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2007, 04:39:33 AM »
Bingo....or say one thing and do another.........I can teach someone to bulk or cut....but bulking, isnt my forte....