Author Topic: Transcript: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed confesses 9/11 role  (Read 15406 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Transcript: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed confesses 9/11 role
« on: March 14, 2007, 10:49:22 PM »
I guess he didn't the conspiracy theory memo . . .

Transcript: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed confesses 9/11 role
POSTED: 12:55 a.m. EDT, March 15, 2007
Story Highlights• Transcript is from Saturday hearing at Guantanamo; released by Pentagon
• Mohammed: "I was responsible for the 9/11 Operation, from A to Z"
• Transcript says he's responsible for other attacks, including Bali bombing
• Mohammed is among 14 prisoners identified by U.S. as "high value"
Adjust font size:
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the suspected mastermind of the September 11, 2001, terror attacks, admitted to those attacks and numerous others during a U.S. military hearing on Saturday, according to an edited transcript of the hearing released by the Pentagon Wednesday.

In a statement from him, read by a U.S. military representative, he said, "I was responsible for the 9/11 operation, from A to Z."

The transcript continues with the list of operations he was responsible for, including the Richard Reid shoe bomber attempt to blow up an airliner over the Atlantic Ocean, the Bali nightclub bombing in Indonesia, the 1993 World Trade Center attack and other attacks that were foiled. (Read transcript (PDF))

The latter included surveying the Panama Canal for an attack to destroy it and surveying suspension bridges and high-rises in New York and Chicago, Illinois, to bring them down as well.

The list of some 29 operations he was responsible for is followed by a shorter list of operations he was partially responsible for, including an assassination attempt against then-Pope John Paul II while he was visiting the Philippines. (Watch why Mohammed likened himself to George Washington )

In a later part of the statement, Mohammed likened himself to George Washington as a revolutionary.

The verbatim translation in the transcript is not always clear.

"If now we were living in the Revolutionary War and George Washington he being arrested through Britain," it reads. "For sure he, they would consider him enemy combatant."

Mohammed: Sorry I killed kids
He made no apologies for what he has done, but he did express remorse for the death of children in the September 11 attacks.

"I don't like to kill people," he said. "I feel very sorry they been killed kids in 9/11."

Transcripts of two other detainees considered "high-value" by the U.S. government -- Abu Faraj al-Libi (transcript (PDF)) and Ramzi Bin al-Shibh (transcript (PDF)) -- were also issued Wednesday. Their hearings were held Friday. The three are part of a group of 14 detainees once held in secret CIA prisons but moved to Guantanamo Bay by President Bush in September.

All three hearings were held at the U.S. detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

The three-member military panel hearings, unlike similar hearings in the past, were closed to the media and to the detainees' lawyers because of fears the detainees might divulge classified information, according to Pentagon officials.

Officials have said the hearings would last between two and three hours each, but it could take days or weeks to know what transpired, because the findings must be approved by higher military authorities.

The 14 detainees have been given military advisers but they are offering no legal assistance. Detainees are also given only an unclassified summary of the evidence against them but are allowed to have witnesses called in from out of the country to testify in their favor.

The hearings, called combatant status review tribunals, determine whether a detainee should be classified as an enemy combatant by the president to make them eligible for a military trial.

The hearings for the 14 are expected to last through April, according to Pentagon officials.

Pentagon officials said a total of six high-value detainees have now gone through these hearings. The names of the three others and the transcripts of their hearings have not yet been released.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/14/guantanamo.mohammed/index.html

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: Transcript: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed confesses 9/11 role
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 12:30:14 AM »
Interesting... but it took 6 years for a confession?

I don't buy it... sorry.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 03:49:31 AM »
KSM's confessions are leaked whenever politicially convenient for Bush.
KSM has confessed to every crime in history.
KSM was tortured for a long time.

And above all, BB, you're missing the role of paki ISI - they were the hand that fed KSM and the arabs - these men legitimately hated us.  But they were completely independent of things like NORAD being told to stand down.  The arabs are useful idiots here - their hatred is used to get them to do these terrible things - but infrastructrually, it's obvious they didn't possess the ability to do everything here.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 07:14:03 AM »
I guess he didn't the conspiracy theory memo . . .

Hahaha... you simpleton.  :)

After 4 days in Guantanamo, you'd have confessed to making W. choke on his pretzel.

And since when do Arabic speakers describe something as "from A to Z"?  LOL

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 07:41:15 AM »
Hahaha... you simpleton.  :)

After 4 days in Guantanamo, you'd have confessed to making W. choke on his pretzel.

The question is, what 911 bombshell is the 911 skeptic world about to reveal - that white house caught wind of - that they're using this to get in front of?  Might be something to watch for...

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 07:58:33 AM »
And here he is, in all his glory. This "confession" is rather dubious considering how long it took to get out of him.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 08:00:36 AM »
LOL...

he's confessed to the pearl killing, 9/11, the 1993 WTC, pretty much every terrorist attack in history!

He probably confessed to the JFK killing too.

Cable news is already questioning the authenticity of his claims - that he was tortured into confession to every unsolved terror attack in history- the ultimate fall guy.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 08:08:59 AM »
::)

Of course the confession is fake.  Along with the corroborating computer records a terrorism expert discussed on MSNBC this morning.  The guy also said Mohammed started making comments like these about four years ago. 

But there must be an explanation, because we all know that missiles hit the Pentagon and the WTC and that the CIA-controlled media faked the news coverage of planes hitting the WTC. 

Oh, and all of the witnesses who actually saw the planes have been drugged and/or threatened by the CIA. 

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 08:20:29 AM »
Haven't other men claimed they plotted 9/11? I'm not saying Mohammed had nothing to do with it but the fact that he claims he was in charge of everything from A-Z I'm skeptical about.

Rob, serious question. Deep down do you truly think that 9/11 was a conspiracy perpetrated by our Government? Do you honestly believe that?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 08:40:14 AM »

Of course the confession is fake.  Along with the corroborating computer records a terrorism expert discussed on MSNBC this morning.  The guy also said Mohammed started making comments like these about four years ago. 

But there must be an explanation, because we all know that missiles hit the Pentagon and the WTC and that the CIA-controlled media faked the news coverage of planes hitting the WTC. 

Oh, and all of the witnesses who actually saw the planes have been drugged and/or threatened by the CIA. 

hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 08:45:30 AM »
The guy also said Mohammed started making comments like these about four years ago. 

Quite a coincidence that they're only mentioning it now with his kangaroo court trial about to start.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 10:20:01 AM »
Haven't other men claimed they plotted 9/11? I'm not saying Mohammed had nothing to do with it but the fact that he claims he was in charge of everything from A-Z I'm skeptical about.

Rob, serious question. Deep down do you truly think that 9/11 was a conspiracy perpetrated by our Government? Do you honestly believe that?

THe 19 arabs and KSM *WERE* involved.

However, they handled getting 19 guys on planes who slashed their way to the cockpit.

Things like WTC7 being reported collapsed, then collapsing inexplicably from fire 26 minutes later...
THings like NORAD re-routing planes to do slow laps in the Atlantic, even after the 4 planes were isolated and targeted
THings like fighting a 911 investigation for 441 days

Those things were done by white guys in ties.

You see, it was a "let it happen on purpose" with some help from a small cabal here.  The paki ISI general (eating breakfast with a 911 commissioner and a cia director on 9/11) was the middleman.  He paid atta 100k.  He is very good friends with our white house. 

They used the stupid hateful arabs to slash their way to the planes, then the rest was a military operation.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 10:29:28 AM »
Quite a coincidence that they're only mentioning it now with his kangaroo court trial about to start.

Oh I forgot that one.  The conspiracy includes the judges, lawyers, and jurors (if any) involved in these trials.  They must be on the CIA payroll too. 

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 10:34:47 AM »
Oh I forgot that one.  The conspiracy includes the judges, lawyers, and jurors (if any) involved in these trials.  They must be on the CIA payroll too. 

I love how you keep hoping that your sarcastic use of the word "conspiracy" will make your debating opponents shrivel up from embarrassment.  :)

I'm genuinely interested in hearing your reasonable answers to these two simple questions:

1. Why would an Arabic speaker describe anything as being "from A to Z"?

2. Why would the government wait years to publicize a confession from the 9/11 mastermind?

Or are you going to duck this with your usual "I don't have to answer any of your questions" ? LOL

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2007, 10:36:22 AM »
I love how you keep hoping that your sarcastic use of the word "conspiracy" will make your debating opponents shrivel up from embarrassment.  :)

I'm genuinely interested in hearing your reasonable answers to these two simple questions:

2. Why would the government wait years to publicize a confession from the 9/11 mastermind?

Or are you going to duck this with your usual "I don't have to answer any of your questions" ? LOL

LOL . . . LOL. . . . You are talking about the use of sarcasm to avoid debate?  LOL. . .

I'll get back to you in a minute.  After I compose myself. . . . LOL.   ;D

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 10:39:07 AM »
I'll get back to you in a minute.  After I compose myself. . . . LOL.   ;D

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 10:49:01 AM »

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed (KSM) is thought to have been born in the Baluchistan region of Pakistan, and spent some of his formative years in Kuwait. He joined the Muslim Brotherhood at age 16 and returned to Pakistan soon after, studied in the United States for several years, and left for Afghanistan in the 1980s where he and his brothers fought against the Soviet Union during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. He is thought to have commenced anti-American terrorist operations in the early 1990s.

You're an idiot from A to Z.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 10:51:25 AM »

Okay, I'm good.   :)

1.  I don't know. 

2.  I don't know. 

Addendum to both questions:  who cares?   

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007, 10:54:43 AM »
Dude is one ugly fucker.  :-X

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2007, 10:57:29 AM »
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed (KSM) is thought to have been born in the Baluchistan region of Pakistan, and spent some of his formative years in Kuwait. He joined the Muslim Brotherhood at age 16 and returned to Pakistan soon after, studied in the United States for several years, and left for Afghanistan in the 1980s where he and his brothers fought against the Soviet Union during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. He is thought to have commenced anti-American terrorist operations in the early 1990s.

I see. So, having picked up that bit of English slang during his several years among us, he figured he'd impress his CIA torturers by incorporating it into a confession that will bring him the death penalty.  ::)

I'm guessing you reply to a lot of penis-enlargement spam. LOL

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2007, 11:00:22 AM »
I see. So, having picked up that bit of English slang during his several years among us, he figured he'd impress his CIA torturers by incorporating it into a confession that will bring him the death penalty.  ::)

I'm guessing you reply to a lot of penis-enlargement spam. LOL

Like I said previously, Leftwing bloggers can never concede a point.

You got owned. Deal with it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2007, 11:01:34 AM »

lol.  Don't try and confuse people with the facts.   :)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2007, 11:02:25 AM »
1.  I don't know. 

2.  I don't know. 

Yep, that's about the size of it.  ;D

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2007, 11:06:36 AM »
So Beach bum you believe the Sheikh Mohammed did all of the above mentioned "from A to Z" ?

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2007, 11:08:06 AM »
So Beach bum you believe the Sheikh Mohammed did all of the above mentioned "from A to Z" ?

That's what the government told him, isn't it? Or course, he believes it.  ;D