Author Topic: Best triceps ever??  (Read 6207 times)

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
Re: Best triceps ever??
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2007, 12:58:29 PM »
Those bodybuilders look disgusting. hahahah J-Rod owns them.

OK Adonis, here you go. 

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2007, 01:29:51 PM »
 ;)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2007, 01:30:47 PM »

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2007, 01:34:08 PM »
OK Adonis, here you go. 

The guy on the right bares a striking resemblance to the host of TLC's "Take Home Chef" tv program.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2007, 01:40:56 PM »
Craig was incredible at one time.

In the specific time frame that Craig Titus 2.0 was filmed, I would venture to say that there was not another bodybuilder on the planet that surpassed his physique.  There was no other man on the planet that could stand next to Craig Titus and look more impressive during the months leading up to that USA win.  That really is something to consider.  I don't care if so-and-so just didn't happen to be dieting at the time...if you have the most impressive physique on the planet for just one day, you have accomplished something spectacular.  He looked incredible from at least 8 weeks out in, and I seriously think he held the title for most impressive physique displayed by a human being during at least the last month of that time period.  Watch the video again, it's incredible.  There's nobody else Mitsu has filmed that had such a dry, separated physique for so many consecutively filmed workouts.  Craig was just on another level there.  Perhaps that's what enabled him to also fall so catastrophically.  More tragic than any other bodybuilder's fate to this day.         

Big Lee

• Getbig II
  • Roadhouse was a great movie.
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2007, 02:52:54 PM »
From the pics it is clearly
1. titus
2. samir
3. demayo.
4. sergio
5. then that saved by the bell looking dude.  (Im jealous)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2007, 03:20:09 PM »
In the specific time frame that Craig Titus 2.0 was filmed, I would venture to say that there was not another bodybuilder on the planet that surpassed his physique.  There was no other man on the planet that could stand next to Craig Titus and look more impressive during the months leading up to that USA win.  That really is something to consider.  I don't care if so-and-so just didn't happen to be dieting at the time...if you have the most impressive physique on the planet for just one day, you have accomplished something spectacular.  He looked incredible from at least 8 weeks out in, and I seriously think he held the title for most impressive physique displayed by a human being during at least the last month of that time period.  Watch the video again, it's incredible.  There's nobody else Mitsu has filmed that had such a dry, separated physique for so many consecutively filmed workouts.  Craig was just on another level there.  Perhaps that's what enabled him to also fall so catastrophically.  More tragic than any other bodybuilder's fate to this day.         

He was good, but there is no pic that titus has that beats, Edgar Fletcher's vacuum pose (backstage).  Titus had better conditioning than Fletcher did on the day of the contest, but that is about it.Titus had great conditioning, which he had to have because he didn't have good shape. Bodypart for for bodypart he sucked compared to his amatuer comteporaries at the time. Such as Phil Hernon, Edgar Fletcher, Beau Matlock and for a little while Paul Demayo.    After Titus torn his pec, he never mentally recovered, and never really trained chest. He punked out big time. I would have really like to see a Edgar/Titus showdown in the pros. But, Edgar never got his pro card-he lacked the constiioning Titus had, yet Titus lacked the shape he had. Ying and Yang.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2007, 03:36:52 PM »
Demayo had big ass Tri's however they didn't look that great, no cross striations,  The back head looked abnormally large and that was the pre synthol days.  Maybe alot of esiclene?  Who knows. 

Samir's tris looked pretty dammed good, there are better photo's of munzer's although his arms were not the biggest. 

And certainly there are pictures out there of the Oil bag Flex Wheeler with some serious striations circa 92-93.  Shame he could never hit that same condition again.  He peaked for the 93 O and it broke him mentally and he never recovered from that, He's come in good shape but could never get back to the same shape.

PS. Pumpster....Dorians side tricep pose > than ronnie by a country mile.
\

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2007, 03:41:22 PM »
Demayo had big ass Tri's however they didn't look that great, no cross striations,  The back head looked abnormally large and that was the pre synthol days.  Maybe alot of esiclene?  Who knows. 

Samir's tris looked pretty dammed good, there are better photo's of munzer's although his arms were not the biggest. 

And certainly there are pictures out there of the Oil bag Flex Wheeler with some serious striations circa 92-93.  Shame he could never hit that same condition again.  He peaked for the 93 O and it broke him mentally and he never recovered from that, He's come in good shape but could never get back to the same shape.

PS. Pumpster....Dorians side tricep pose > than ronnie by a country mile.

I've always said that, though in some pics it's not a huge difference.
And on tri size..

Coleman >> Yates

Impossible to question DeMayo's tris. Striations aren't essential and are generally the domain of leaner guys with less size.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2007, 03:44:55 PM »
And on tri size..

Coleman >> Yates

Size don't win show's it's the finished product, That is why Ronnie never beat Dorian.  Ronnie is bigger than Jay, but who won?  Yeah......that's what I thought.
\

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2007, 03:47:58 PM »
Size don't win show's it's the finished product, That is why Ronnie never beat Dorian.  Ronnie is bigger than Jay, but who won?  Yeah......that's what I thought.

Size won't win shows..? That's a rationalization. hahhaahah it's one of the most important things, in combo with other things.

Let's not get into it here; obviously Coleman improved later, that's why Coleman dominated Yates when they're compared at their best.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2007, 03:53:35 PM »
Size won't win shows! hahhaahah it's one of the most important things, in combo with other things.

Let's not get into it here; obviously Coleman improved later, that's why Coleman dominated Yates when they're both in their best condition.

You took this out of context, Jumps to conclusions.  Size alone will not win contests. Comparing two different BB's from different era's is irrelavant.  This isn't fantasy BB.  When they were on stage together, yates owned dorian.  Ronnie won after Dorian retired.  Jay beat Ronnie on stage fair and Square (plus he had a bigger back at a lighter weight).  Ronnie's done, get over it, theres a New Mr. O and he's white.   Short of a monster Fvck up on Jay's part I don't see him losing to Ronnie.  Jay has a better image for the sport.  He doesn't speak Ebonics.
\

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2007, 03:56:38 PM »
You took this out of context, Jumps to conclusions.  Size alone will not win contests. Comparing two different BB's from different era's is irrelavant.  This isn't fantasy BB.  When they were on stage together, yates owned dorian.  Ronnie won after Dorian retired.  Jay beat Ronnie on stage fair and Square (plus he had a bigger back at a lighter weight).  Ronnie's done, get over it, theres a New Mr. O and he's white.   Short of a monster Fvck up on Jay's part I don't see him losing to Ronnie.  Jay has a better image for the sport.  He doesn't speak Ebonics.

Nothing out of context; you made the mistake of making a blanket statement.

As far as being on stage together, Zane beat Schwarzenegger on the same stage together, so quite obviously this same incomplete, tired logic's better suited to the truce thread, get on there ASAP. Yates does not have great triceps but he does have one great shot, side-tri, that's it.

I was one of the first to say Coleman was done genius, get a grip. i've also told him not to compete this year.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2007, 04:05:31 PM »
Size won't win shows..? That's a rationalization. hahhaahah it's one of the most important things, in combo with other things.

Let's not get into it here; obviously Coleman improved later, that's why Coleman dominated Yates when they're compared at their best.

sure, coleman did. 

1100 pages shows otherwise.

however, i do agree with your assesment on the tricep issue.

yates does not have the greatest tricep in that pose, but his overall side tricep pose is the best.

another example would be mike matarrazo.  some of the best arms ever in the double biceps pose, but not one of the best bc of everything else - from head to toe.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2007, 04:11:13 PM »
  Jay has a better image for the sport.  He doesn't speak Ebonics.

Jay had a better image for the sport back in 1996-2000. Now, he looks like a Cro-Magnon with his huge eybrow ridge and gigantic jaw (Ronnie has changed for the worse as well) due to GH. The only place that Jay would fit in is a Gieco Caveman commercial. Hell, and doesn't speak that good with that monotone. boring ass voice of his.
The best rep that bbing probably have had was Shawn Ray, or Dennis Newman. They both were better speakers ( Shawn talks to much!), knowledgable, polished,  ladies men, and had appeal of  blacks, whites, and latinos.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2007, 04:20:12 PM »

Monster post edit, did'nt cover it all the first time big guy?

Jay had a better image for the sport back in 1996-2000. Now, he looks like a Cro-Magnon with his huge eybrow ridge and gigantic jaw (Ronnie has changed for the worse as well) due to GH. The only place that Jay would fit in is a Gieco Caveman commercial. Hell, and doesn't speak that good with that monotone. boring ass voice of his.
The best rep that bbing probably have had was Shawn Ray, or Dennis Newman. They both were better speakers ( Shawn talks to much!), knowledgable, polished,  ladies men, and had appeal of  blacks, whites, and latinos.

Jay is still more marketable than Ronnie.  The general public not knowing a thing about RC, would see him and probably hide their valuables.  Where they would probably ask Jay for an autograph. 

BTW....Geico is huge, they'd be smart to offer him a deal.

After Jays destruction of Ronnie at the O, Ronnie may get picked up by Nationwide for a "Life comes at you fast" commercial.  LOL.
\

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2007, 09:17:55 PM »
dballin,

please dont waste your time arguing with pumpster.

this is a person who is a self proclaimed expert on bbing and judging. 

he is a moderator in the training forum.

oh yeah, he doesnt even go to a gym.  he uses a bowflex in his basement.

seriously. 

he wont deny it either or explain why he wont go to a gym?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2007, 10:50:33 AM »
The Italians dominate with triceps: Kevin Levrone', Mike Mattarazzo,
Paul Demayo. Rich Gaspari had a great side tricep pose.

Mike Christian and lee Priest had great triceps.

XXXII/LX

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • I have to return some video tapes.
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2007, 11:00:36 AM »
No vote for Heath yet? His tri's are sick.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2007, 04:23:58 PM »
No vote for Heath yet? His tri's are sick.
good...but not the best ever yet