Author Topic: Torture  (Read 2878 times)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Torture
« on: March 16, 2007, 09:05:46 AM »
On National Public Radio this morning - that bastion of elitist liberalism - the hostess blandly asked her assembled talking heads re the KSM confession: "Does it matter if he was tortured?"

So at last we've dispensed with those winking euphemisms "duress" and "aggressive interrogation". We can throw the naked cowering body onto the metal table and study it impassively under the harsh overhead light...

Torture.

Am I the only one who can remember the distant past - 7 years ago! - when this country still regarded torture as a universal and supreme evil? Like slavery and child prostitution?

How did we sink this low this quickly? Why did the criminals and thugs who now rule us find it so easy to manipulate our fear and cruelty?

History - if we survive to have one - will remember we "good Germans" with all the contempt we deserve.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Torture
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 10:06:06 AM »
On National Public Radio this morning - that bastion of elitist liberalism - the hostess blandly asked her assembled talking heads re the KSM confession: "Does it matter if he was tortured?"

So at last we've dispensed with those winking euphemisms "duress" and "aggressive interrogation". We can throw the naked cowering body onto the metal table and study it impassively under the harsh overhead light...

Torture.

Am I the only one who can remember the distant past - 7 years ago! - when this country still regarded torture as a universal and supreme evil? Like slavery and child prostitution?

How did we sink this low this quickly? Why did the criminals and thugs who now rule us find it so easy to manipulate our fear and cruelty?

History - if we survive to have one - will remember we "good Germans" with all the contempt we deserve.

Answer:  neotaints in leadership and  a fear motivated public

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 01:22:47 PM »

Torture.

Because pussies like you think everything is torture. Lord forbid we put them in a cold uncomfortable room!!
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 01:27:17 PM »
Because pussies like you think everything is torture. Lord forbid we put them in a cold uncomfortable room!!

Pussies like me believe waterboarding is torture.  Do you?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 01:34:56 PM »
Pussies like me believe waterboarding is torture.  Do you?

no I don't think waterboarding is torture
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 06:03:40 PM »

so you have no prob with the US using it on captured men, or them using it on our captured men?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 06:04:23 PM »

come to think of it, you're in the fcking military, man.

and you don't think waterboarding is torture?

don't they teach you guys this stuff?  holy fuck.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 06:05:19 PM »

It's only not a torture when done so by an US agent ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterboarding

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 06:07:33 PM »
It's only not a torture when done so by an US agent ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterboarding

yeah,  it's easy to think it isn't torture until it gets done to you.

if it wasn't torture, then why are they doing it?  Are they trying to keep their prisoner hydrated? 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 06:29:36 PM »
it's a mental game, they are depending on the weak to fold under pressure and reveal info.

how would you guys get info from the enemy? ask pretty please? :-*
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 06:36:50 PM »
it's a mental game, they are depending on the weak to fold under pressure and reveal info.

how would you guys get info from the enemy? ask pretty please? :-*

i'd torture them.

i just wouldn't beat around the bush about what i'm doing.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 06:40:06 PM »
I'd torture them.

i just wouldn't beat around the bush about what I'm doing.
honesty is the best policy  :D
even if it's not politically correct
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 06:15:42 AM »
come to think of it, you're in the fcking military, man.

and you don't think waterboarding is torture?

don't they teach you guys this stuff?  holy fuck.

I fully expect to have shit like waterboarding and much worse done to me if I am ever in that situation. But see I guess being a man about it and realizing I signed up for a job that could include that it makes me more accepting. It all comes down to being a man, not a pussy
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 06:20:28 AM »
I fully expect to have shit like waterboarding and much worse done to me if I am ever in that situation. But see I guess being a man about it and realizing I signed up for a job that could include that it makes me more accepting. It all comes down to being a man, not a pussy

see, the US govt agreed not to torture people.  all the civilized govts of the world did.

and they do it anyway.  which drops the US down to the level of those terrorist assholes.

i have higher expectations from my country.  I wish you did too.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2007, 07:45:22 AM »
see, the US govt agreed not to torture people.  all the civilized govts of the world did.

and they do it anyway.  which drops the US down to the level of those terrorist assholes.

i have higher expectations from my country.  I wish you did too.

Maybe the US doesn't consider waterboarding torture unlike your pussy ass. These people want to fight in a war and you libs want us to feel bad because we put them in cold rooms and won't let them read the Koran. They should have taken a page out of your book and stayed home on the couch and bitched about everything.
gotta love life

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 10:17:22 AM »

So you're saying your standards are just as low as Suddam Hussein and Osama Bin Ladens?
S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2007, 10:18:46 AM »
Maybe the US doesn't consider waterboarding torture unlike your pussy ass. These people want to fight in a war and you libs want us to feel bad because we put them in cold rooms and won't let them read the Koran. They should have taken a page out of your book and stayed home on the couch and bitched about everything.

It's not that we feel bad for some low life terrorist.  Why don't you use your brain?  ???
S

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2007, 11:21:18 AM »

you really think thats all it would take for a potential suicide bomber..mind you..someone willing to die..to spill his guts?

lmao! ::)

we torture..in horrific ways..and i'm ALL FOR IT..

i'm just against torturing the "maybes"
carpe` vaginum!

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2007, 02:17:09 PM »
It's not that we feel bad for some low life terrorist.  Why don't you use your brain?  ???

If you don't feel bad then why complain they are in cold cells?
gotta love life

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2007, 11:33:12 AM »
If you don't feel bad then why complain they are in cold cells?

Honestly, I would slowly cut a terrorists ears off myself, or any enemy of the United States myself if necessary.  I'm fine with our Soldiers occasionally unofficially beating them up for info as long as the higher ranks don't find out.  Torture officially ordered by the top of our government though??  That is fucked up, this administration is on the level of low life governments around the world now as far as I'm concerned.
S

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2007, 11:34:10 AM »
Honestly, I would slowly cut a terrorists ears off myself, or any enemy of the United States myself if necessary.  I'm fine with our Soldiers occasionally unofficially beating them up for info as long as the higher ranks don't find out.  Torture officially ordered by the top of our government though??  That is fucked up, this administration is on the level of low life governments around the world now as far as I'm concerned.

Who do you think ordered the waterboarding?
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2007, 11:38:31 AM »
Maybe the US doesn't consider waterboarding torture unlike your pussy ass.

They do.  Well, they did.  Soldiers in WWII were prosecuted and jailed for using waterboarding and torture.

I guess they just don't make standards like they used to.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2007, 11:40:05 AM »
They do.  Well, they did.  Soldiers in WWII were prosecuted and jailed for using waterboarding and torture.

alright, good research. All I want to know is what do you care if they waterboard a detainee? I hope it isn't worry about how we are seen in the worlds eyes
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2007, 11:40:18 AM »

lol... wait, wait, i know...

"terrorists today are so much worse than in WWII.  We need torture."

Right.  Cause japanese kamikaze pilots who filled their nosecones with tnt and flew into aircraft carriers weren't crazy.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2007, 11:41:50 AM »
alright, good research. All I want to know is what do you care if they waterboard a detainee? I hope it isn't worry about how we are seen in the worlds eyes

You're an american soldier, on a message board, telling us you condone torture.

to me, that's sad.  I had this glorified image of our forces - brave, honorable, and above resorting to these horrible, inhumane tactics that those savage insurgents use.

I no longer have that image.