Author Topic: How many of you guys drink milk?  (Read 15756 times)

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
Re: How many of you guys drink milk?
« Reply #100 on: March 17, 2007, 09:38:43 PM »
Milk has ZERO effect on bone strength due to the fact the calcium is only absorbed in an ACID medium. Milk creates a BASIC medium.

Hope that helps.

Hope this helps, you're wrong.
Most are all show no go!

Alpine

• Getbig III
  • That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
« Reply #101 on: March 17, 2007, 09:58:15 PM »
Hope this helps, you're wrong.
yo clown, you need to fucking learn to use google to do basic research.

http://www.pcrm.org/cgi-bin/lists/mail.cgi?flavor=archive&list=news&id=20050307093449

Stop chugging that fucking puss filled udder juice you god damn meat head! :D

Cornell-trained nutritionist Amy Joy Lanou, Ph.D., and co-authors show that dairy products do not promote bone health in children and young adults. Physical activity does have a positive impact on bone health, while evidence linking bone health with dairy product consumption is weak, at best.

The level of dairy product consumption in the United States is among the highest in the world, and yet osteoporosis and fracture rates are also among the highest.

Elderly South African Bantu women don't have osteoporosis, despite having a large calcium drain from nursing an average of 10 children. Their diet contains only about 440 mg of calcium, less than half what Americans consume. It appears they are protected by their low intake of protein (50 g daily, compared with 91 g by Americans). Eskimos, on the other hand, who consume a very high protein diet (250 - 400 g) and far more calcium than Americans (2,000 mg daily), have the highest rate of osteoporosis in the world.

You've all been duped again! The content of your fucking moronic posts here at getbig makes anyone who picks up a weight look bad. Thanks! Keep up the good work. What a god damn embarrassment.

Go ahead, enter some milk based search terms. Follow the rabbit hole of knowledge you dipshits.

http://www.afpafitness.com/articles/MILKMYTH.HTM - The Great American Milk Myth.

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2007, 02:07:40 AM »
yeah i only have it on my cereal..

too much of the shit and you'll have ultrasounds breaking those gallstones and kidney stones in no time =[

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2007, 02:32:13 AM »
CHEESE IS THE BEST

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #104 on: March 18, 2007, 05:23:37 AM »

http://www.pcrm.org/cgi-bin/lists/mail.cgi?flavor=archive&list=news&id=20050307093449

Stop chugging that fucking puss filled udder juice you god damn meat head! :D

Cornell-trained nutritionist Amy Joy Lanou, Ph.D., and co-authors show that dairy products do not promote bone health in children and young adults. Physical activity does have a positive impact on bone health, while evidence linking bone health with dairy product consumption is weak, at best.

The level of dairy product consumption in the United States is among the highest in the world, and yet osteoporosis and fracture rates are also among the highest.

Elderly South African Bantu women don't have osteoporosis, despite having a large calcium drain from nursing an average of 10 children. Their diet contains only about 440 mg of calcium, less than half what Americans consume. It appears they are protected by their low intake of protein (50 g daily, compared with 91 g by Americans). Eskimos, on the other hand, who consume a very high protein diet (250 - 400 g) and far more calcium than Americans (2,000 mg daily), have the highest rate of osteoporosis in the world.

You've all been duped again! The content of your fucking moronic posts here at getbig makes anyone who picks up a weight look bad. Thanks! Keep up the good work. What a god damn embarrassment.

Go ahead, enter some milk based search terms. Follow the rabbit hole of knowledge you dipshits.

http://www.afpafitness.com/articles/MILKMYTH.HTM - The Great American Milk Myth.

Read up Chainsaw.......become informed, if possible.  ::)

Great post Alpine.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2007, 05:41:27 AM »
Restating your POV does not constitute proof.  Post at least two peer reviewed studies which support your assertion and links to them.

http://www.afpafitness.com/articles/MILKMYTH.HTM   

TapeWorm, educate yourself.........if humanly possible.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #106 on: March 18, 2007, 05:50:09 AM »

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: March 18, 2007, 05:52:36 AM »
  I drink about a gallon of skim milk every day and a half or so. That is all I drink when I eat.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: March 18, 2007, 06:00:35 AM »
I can only imagine what the guys who say they drink 1/2 gallon a day look like.  If you like the bloated, skin thick as Bologna look then drink up.

I quite drinking milk a year ago and have found I feel much better actually quite amazing how much it has helped.  Will once and a while have a piece of cheese on burgers though, but have found avacodos a great replacement for the cheese on them.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: March 18, 2007, 06:04:40 AM »
I can only imagine what the guys who say they drink 1/2 gallon a day look like.  If you like the bloated, skin thick as Bologna look then drink up.

I quite drinking milk a year ago and have found I feel much better actually quite amazing how much it has helped.  Will once and a while have a piece of cheese on burgers though, but have found avacodos a great replacement for the cheese on them.

What is it with the thick skin thing? seriously? I have heard that before and you are right...even when I have low bodyfat I do seem to have thick skin without a lot of vascularity.I also eat a lot of low fat cottage cheese.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2007, 07:05:16 AM »
Thanks for the links, Enigma.  They discuss calcium leaching from a high protein diet.  They do not, however, make mention of calcium absorption in acidic and basic media, which was your original assertion. 

Milk has ZERO effect on bone strength due to the fact the calcium is only absorbed in an ACID medium. Milk creates a BASIC medium.

Do you have any links to articles which discuss the Ph of the gut, it's effect on calcium absorption from milk, and the Ph level created in the stomach from milk?

From one of your articles - I always get a kick out of it when they bring up...ahem... the eskimos.  ::)

"Eskimos, on the other hand, who consume a very high protein diet (250 - 400 g) and far more calcium than Americans (2,000 mg daily), have the highest rate of osteoporosis in the world."

Clearly, the Inuit should quit dairy farming and return to seal hunting, since all that milk they drink isn't doing any good.  ;D

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #111 on: March 18, 2007, 08:15:41 AM »
In theory, the Enigma is correct in his assertion that calcium must be ionized at a low pH to be absorbed. Antacids can reduce calcium absorbtion, but not necessarily eliminate it. The ionized calcium exists in an equilibrium, and a certain % will still be ionized.

In practice, calcium from milk has high bioavailability. Even achlorhydic patients (they don't produce stomach acid) seem to absorb calcium from skim milk the same as normal gastric pH control subjects. (Recker RR. Calcium absorption and achlorhydria. N Engl J Med 1985;313:70.) The theory is that milk peptides may have a solubilizing effect less pH-dependent.

There is a growing body of evidence and research that suggests a protein found in cow's milk (bovine serum albumin) may illicit an autoimmune reaction in humans that maybe a contributing factor to Type 1 Diabetes and Asthma. I don't want to say there is a "conspiracy theory" going on here, but the diary industry is a multi-billion dollar industry and they go to great lengths to persuade/market their products just as the supplement industry..."milk does a body good right"?  :P

BigAlski

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #112 on: March 18, 2007, 09:10:50 AM »
I agree I too love milk, sometimes too much.  I used to drink a gallon a day, and I know the boys in Arnold's day (most of the Venice Beach "crew) used to drink upwards of 2 gallons a day.  I do know though that Ted Arcidi got major complications from drinking milk and had massive amounts of calcium deposits removed from his joints, like pounds worth. 

Anyways, milk will always be one of my favorites.

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #113 on: March 18, 2007, 12:27:18 PM »
l love it, but don't drink enough of it!  :(

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2007, 01:25:19 AM »
Wow, huge topic for the nutrition board!  Loads of responses.  Guess that shows how controversial milk is.  I think milk is great stuff, loads of people are intolerant of it.  IMO if you're even slightly intolerant of milk its not an option, if you're not its good stuff, within limits obviously.  Everything is a poison depending on the dose  ;)
It hasn't helped...

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2007, 03:07:11 AM »
In theory, the Enigma is correct in his assertion that calcium must be ionized at a low pH to be absorbed. Antacids can reduce calcium absorbtion, but not necessarily eliminate it. The ionized calcium exists in an equilibrium, and a certain % will still be ionized.

In practice, calcium from milk has high bioavailability. Even achlorhydic patients (they don't produce stomach acid) seem to absorb calcium from skim milk the same as normal gastric pH control subjects. (Recker RR. Calcium absorption and achlorhydria. N Engl J Med 1985;313:70.) The theory is that milk peptides may have a solubilizing effect less pH-dependent.

There is a growing body of evidence and research that suggests a protein found in cow's milk (bovine serum albumin) may illicit an autoimmune reaction in humans that maybe a contributing factor to Type 1 Diabetes and Asthma. I don't want to say there is a "conspiracy theory" going on here, but the diary industry is a multi-billion dollar industry and they go to great lengths to persuade/market their products just as the supplement industry..."milk does a body good right"?  :P

OJ is a much better choice than milk, for higher % absorbtion of calcium.

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2007, 07:48:12 AM »
OJ is a much better choice than milk, for higher % absorbtion of calcium.

Only if it's fortified. Tha amount of calcium in OJ is less than that of milk, and OJ does not contain vitamin D. If you can recall, vitamin D is required for the active transport of calcium across enterocytes on the luminal side. There was a study (albeit not perfect study) that showed absorbtion was identical between fortified OJ, skim milk, and calcium carbonate tabs. If you really want I'll try to dig it up for you.

Cheers

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #117 on: March 19, 2007, 07:56:05 AM »
Wow!

You can post it up if you want, but I only wanted Enigma to go digging because he was giving me such a hard time.  ;D

Good stuff that I never knew before in this thread.

Dr. D

• Getbig III
  • Vince and Derek: Match made in GetBig Heaven!
« Reply #118 on: March 19, 2007, 08:43:57 AM »
If you drink commercial milk, organic or not, it's still garbage. Once you pasteurize it, it's just sugar water basically. They put yelllow dye into it to keep it white because after it's been " cooked", it's a dark grey color...f#cking yummy!!!!! Plus all the vitamins and minerals have been killed....save your money!!!
Stay away from milk unless it's raw.....

www.realmilk.com

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #119 on: March 19, 2007, 01:23:01 PM »
Wow!

You can post it up if you want, but I only wanted Enigma to go digging because he was giving me such a hard time.  ;D

Good stuff that I never knew before in this thread.

Here is the study that shows equal absorbtion between fortified OJ, skim milk, and calcium carbonate tabs. The study suffers from the same drawbacks as all nutrition and sports med type studies (i.e small sample size, limited controls, short time horizion...etc etc...)
http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/76/6/1345

The one I posted earlier from NEJM has far more significance because it challenges the conventional wisdom that calcium must ionized to be absorbed.

Cheers  ;)

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2007, 03:20:56 PM »
Only if it's fortified. Tha amount of calcium in OJ is less than that of milk, and OJ does not contain vitamin D. If you can recall, vitamin D is required for the active transport of calcium across enterocytes on the luminal side. There was a study (albeit not perfect study) that showed absorbtion was identical between fortified OJ, skim milk, and calcium carbonate tabs. If you really want I'll try to dig it up for you.

Cheers

Correct, I was referring to fortified. I should have been specific in that matter.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: March 20, 2007, 12:19:46 AM »
  what about breast milk? I drank some of that by accident once .