Author Topic: 1.5 months following The Adonis Principles...progress pics  (Read 36486 times)

pobrecito

• Getbig V
Re: 1.5 months following The Adonis Principles...progress pics
« Reply #300 on: March 19, 2007, 08:27:28 PM »
Too many calories; I have gotten lean eating clean before too, just with lesser calories. And I never said I had been dieting for eight years; I have been overweight most of my life except for the few times I have cut down. What is the point of getting lean if you are just going to get fat again?

What is the point of being lean if you have no muscle?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #301 on: March 20, 2007, 04:45:13 AM »
I don`t think they understand that you have COMPETED in a few shows.

Abeles,

if a calorie is a calorie, and that there "is no such thing as eating Correctly", why are you suggesting that eating fruits and drinking milk will "DRAMATICALLY help reduce bodyfat":

The point is,

FRUIT AND MILK will DRAMATICALLY help reduce bodyfat specifically in the abdominal region.

I just love how people try to avoid it for no reason whatsoever.

Another victory for modern science and another loss for idiotic gym science.

There seems to be a bit of an inconsistencency with the opinion you voices here:

There is no such thing as eating Correctly.  You can eat anything and not lose a lb of muscle.

He was eating over 2000 calories a day obviously, because he is pretty fat in that picture.

When are you idiots going to learn?

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #302 on: March 20, 2007, 07:41:17 AM »
Abeles,

if a calorie is a calorie, and that there "is no such thing as eating Correctly", why are you suggesting that eating fruits and drinking milk will "DRAMATICALLY help reduce bodyfat":

There seems to be a bit of an inconsistencency with the opinion you voices here:

-Hedge

http://www.notmilk.com/

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #303 on: March 20, 2007, 07:46:22 AM »
I think its more from the CALCIUM than from the milk....

New York Times - Personal Health

June 14, 2005
All That Calcium, and Maybe Weight Control Too

By JANE E. BRODY

Could it be just a coincidence that more people have become overweight and obese as milk consumption has declined?

Might the link be that as children and adults drank less milk, they substituted the empty calories of sugar-sweetened soft drinks? Or might there be something special about milk and other dairy foods that helps people control their weight?

The dairy industry would like you to believe the latter. And it may surprise you that most of the evidence supports the industry's contention: that calcium and perhaps other substances in dairy foods can foster weight loss and especially loss of life-shortening abdominal fat.

The evidence suggests that calcium, especially in dairy foods, can help people lose pounds, if they are on a reduced-calorie diet. There is also evidence that dairy foods can keep adolescents from gaining excessive weight and perhaps help adults control middle-age spread.

Some studies that support these suggestions were financed by the dairy industry or companies that sell products like Yoplait yogurt. One prominent researcher in the field holds a patent on the claim that dairy products promote weight loss.

But most studies were done by academic researchers who were supported by government grants or other unrestricted financing. So there is no reason to distrust their findings on the basis of financing.

Clues From Studies

While studies of this kind cannot prove cause and effect, they often reveal links between two factors that suggest the need for more carefully controlled clinical trials. Indeed, quite a few studies have found a strong link between low intake of calcium, dairy products or both and excess body weight, excessive weight gain, or health conditions that can shorten life.

More than two decades ago, the first federally supported National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey found a significant association between low intake of calcium and being overweight. More recently, the Heritage Family Study, done at six major medical centers among 362 men and 462 women, found that low calcium consumption was tied to a higher percentage of body fat and especially abdominal fat, particularly in men and white women.

The relationship applies to children and adolescents as well as adults. Thus, in a study financed by the Department of Agriculture among 323 girls in Hawaii aged 9 through 14, higher intake of dairy products was associated with lower levels of body fat. The more soda the youngsters consumed, the higher their body weight.

Small wonder that American children are getting fatter. As the Hawaiian study noted, milk consumption among adolescents declined by 36 percent from 1965 to 1996, while consumption of soft drinks and noncitrus juices almost doubled.

For overweight adults, a major study indicated that dairy foods could protect against certain life-threatening complications. The four-center Cardia study followed 3,157 black and white adults, aged 18 to 30, for a decade. Among those who were overweight, low levels of dairy consumption were associated with the development of insulin resistance syndrome. This condition, also known as metabolic syndrome and syndrome X, raises a person's risk of developing Type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease.

These and other studies with similar findings prompted researchers doing follow-up studies to see whether a similar relationship developed among their participants over time.

Thus, the Quebec Family Study found that over a six-year period, participants who increased consumption of nonfat or low-fat milk as well as whole fruit were less likely to gain weight and body fat than those who did not make such dietary changes.

Among 99 children followed for up to 12 years in the Framingham Children's Study in Massachusetts, those who consumed the fewest servings of dairy foods a day experienced the greatest gains in body mass index, a measure of fatness.

And among 52 white children followed from age 2 months to 8 years in a study financed by Gerber Products and the Tennessee Agricultural Experiment Station, the more calcium-rich foods the children consumed, the less body fat they acquired over the years.

Dairy and Weight Loss

Now for the critical question: Can you lose weight by consuming more dairy foods? In research financed by the National Dairy Council, scientists led by Dr. Michael B. Zemel, director of the Nutrition Institute at the University of Tennessee, spent 24 weeks studying 32 obese adults who consumed 500 fewer calories than they needed to maintain their weight. (Dr. Zemel holds a patent on commercial applications of the relationship between dairy, calcium and weight control.)

The participants followed one of three diets: standard, with 400 to 500 milligrams of dietary calcium plus a placebo; high-calcium, or the standard diet with an 800-milligram calcium supplement; or high-dairy, with 1,200 to 1,300 milligrams of calcium plus a placebo.

As the researchers reported last year in the journal Obesity Research, those on the standard diet alone lost 6.4 percent of their body weight, those on the high-calcium diet lost 8.6 percent, and those on the high-dairy diet lost 10.9 percent. In addition, more abdominal fat was lost on the high-calcium diet and even more on the high-dairy diet.

In a 12-week study, supported by General Mills, the maker of Yoplait, and published this year in The International Journal of Obesity, Dr. Zemel and colleagues studied 34 healthy obese adults. Those randomly assigned to eat three servings of low-calorie yogurt a day lost significantly more weight, and a higher percentage of body fat, than those who ate only one dairy serving a day.

Before you raid the dairy case, consider these findings as well from another study supported by the National Dairy Council and published this year in The American Journal of Nutrition. Among 155 young, healthy women of normal weight, Purdue University researchers found that those who followed a high-dairy diet (1,300 to 1,400 milligrams of calcium daily) for a year ended up with the same changes in body weight and fat as those who consumed a low-dairy or medium-dairy diet.

Nonetheless, laboratory studies support the claims for weight benefits from calcium and especially dairy calcium. In a study financed by the National Institutes of Health, Dr. E. L. Melanson and colleagues at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center demonstrated in 35 nonobese adults that a high intake of calcium was associated with higher rates of fat oxidation.

Dr. Zemel, who has studied the role of calcium in regulating fat cell metabolism, also examined the effects of dairy sources of calcium in mice prone to obesity. He reported in the journal Lipids that beyond calcium alone, dairy sources "exert markedly greater effects in attenuating weight and fat gain and accelerating fat loss."

His findings suggest that "additional bioactive compounds in dairy act synergistically with calcium" to reduce the risk of obesity.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #304 on: March 20, 2007, 09:17:50 AM »
I don`t think they understand that you have COMPETED in a few shows.

I won't understand a word you utter.....until you get a COLLEGE DEGREE.

BTW....if you masterbate TA, you LOVE CO*K too!!!

Men who continually put down GAYS......are usually GAY also.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #305 on: March 20, 2007, 09:31:59 AM »

To quote Anchorman....."That doesn't make sense."

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #306 on: March 20, 2007, 10:25:12 AM »

I would say that just means you love your OWN cock.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #307 on: March 20, 2007, 10:27:18 AM »
tweeter...you listen to skinny elf like creatures, eventually you will end up looking like a skinny elf like creature
L

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: March 20, 2007, 10:50:36 AM »
Tweeter...

Now that you have a framework for comparison, I suggest you diet for an additional 6 weeks, but this time eliminate processed foods from your diet and focus on un-processed foods such as chicken, fish, eggs, meat, fruits and veggies.  Diet soda is acceptable now and then and so is protein powder.  Otherwise, eliminate all processed crap from your diet.   Go 3 days of lower carbs with the 4th day being a higher carb day, then repeat.  For the days you do your carb load, keep the fats very low.  Focus on basic exercises and either keep the rest time between sets to a minimum (no more then 45 seconds) or do a little cardio after your weight training session for optimum fatloss.  Get lots of sleep, drink plenty of water, and experiment with a little ECA if you wish, just eat as "clean" as possible for the next 6 weeks and we'll see how your are results are at that time.   You will surely get out of it what you put into it, so eat smart and lift smart.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: March 20, 2007, 12:56:43 PM »
I would say that just means you love your OWN cock.

I love this line that a comedian said (cant remember who it was) "I have never masturbated.  I was cleaning it once, and it went off accidentally though"

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #310 on: March 20, 2007, 01:04:07 PM »
I love this line that a comedian said (cant remember who it was) "I have never masturbated.  I was cleaning it once, and it went off accidentally though"

Haha... fantastic.

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: March 21, 2007, 03:37:56 AM »
I have never once insulted you and i gave you respect but now i just see you are a stupid gook ahahahahha. When a china man wants something bad enough he will do anything to get it including stabbing a friend in the back.

do you get bullied in real life?