Author Topic: gh and teenagers  (Read 1285 times)

ATOMIC

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
gh and teenagers
« on: March 17, 2007, 09:13:57 AM »
aside from the moral issues, if a doctor were to prescribe jenotropin to a 16 ear old what potential for growing taller does he have. If both his parents are taller than he is does that increase the possibility? Any links or information would be much appreciated I was way out of my field when asked this question and thought someone heere might know.
A.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: gh and teenagers
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 10:43:23 AM »
If the growth plates are not closed he may grow a little taller.  An x-ray will determine this.  A doctor is VERY unlikely to do this unless the kid is dwarf like.  The kid will probally grow more anyhow.  IMO this is a goofy idea unless the guy is like I said dwarf like which means like 4 foot tall or so.

You must play the hand you are delt in life and learn to luv yourself for who you are.  or you will never be happy.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 10:50:39 AM »
Also; The idea Your Primary care Physician  (PCP) will do that is fantasy. Do not even suggest it!
I doubt the HRT clinics will write for a teenager unless there is a very unusual condition.
Several of them just got shut down/ or lost Pharmacy sources anyway.
How tall are you - OR YOUR FRIEND ::)??

You could try a search in - Endocrinology, adolescents growth, HGH etc.

ATOMIC

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 12:58:24 PM »
oh don't worry it's not me i'm 29 and happy with what I've been delt. I deal with athletes in college and one brought his brother in that was here on spring break and showed up to the facility. He's 5'7" at most but wow what potential for that size. His brother was blessed with a little more hieght and that's why we picked him up. I am more of the opinion of giving out facts and figures and letting others make there own decision. I try to allow our guys to be semi open so that we know what is going on w/o knowing what is going on.
Oh, I am 5'10 and 10% at 205 but my brothers are all over 6'2" so I understand his woes, if I had 2-3" I would have been way up on the recruiting scale too...but I've made my peace and am happy with myself and become succesful doin gwhat I do. ;D

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 04:01:21 PM »
Far as BBing goes, its way easier for a short guy to fill in his bones than a tall guy.
THese new bit taller mass monsters are a new breed. Look back at most pro BBers in the past.
Is he interested in a specific sport?

ATOMIC

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 07:13:00 PM »
sorry I should have prefaced this with that I deal with athletes that collide with eachother and can be seen on Saturdays. This guy from the tape he showed me is a very good looking safety with some great stats. except for height and if you don't have that stat on paper you get knocked WAY down...

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 07:29:50 PM »
collide with eachother and can be seen on Saturdays.

Collide.Thats funny. I'd dig in journal of clinical endocrinology etc for a answer to the height question if I was You.
Perhaps some European med literature of the same bent has an answer.
"Moral" is not an issue to myself. Who's morals?Thats Mans creation. Closed growth plates is the limiting factor I believe.
I know for a fact HGH causes joint pain @ a threshold level in adults. Prolly thickening bone that cant grow longer is whats happening.
16 yr old??? ???

ATOMIC

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 12:55:59 PM »
I have checked a couple of medical journals but everything I come across talks about those that are unusually short rather than natural height looking to get taller. I came across something in german, but I only studied german for a year and it was getting pretty difficult using a dictionary for some of those words  ;D. yep 16 is when ballers are now gettting ready to be looked at and have to have there stuff ready going into there junior year. You have a great junior year and blip up on a few radars adn your good to go. It is just part of the new world order that you have to be stressing about colliegate sports from that age on.

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 08:21:49 AM »
A guy i knew in highschool was prescribed HGH. He he to go get the shot from the doc.
big or bust