Author Topic: Gore Made $500K from Toxic Mines  (Read 1898 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Gore Made $500K from Toxic Mines
« on: March 17, 2007, 10:19:04 AM »
Hypocrite.

Saturday, March 17, 2007 9:25 a.m. EDT

Former vice-president and global warming guru Al Gore Jr. received more than $500,000 in royalties from the owners of zinc mines, according to a report on Tennessean.com.

The mine owners held mineral leases on Gore's farm near Carthage, Tenn.

Before being shut down in 2003, the mines emitted thousands of pounds of toxic substances.

Reportedly, on several occasions, the water discharged from the mines into nearby rivers had levels of toxins above what was legal.

Now the mines have a new owner and are scheduled to reopen later this year.

State environmental officials, however, say that overall, the mine has had a good environmental record.

Furthermore, the officials note there is no evidence of unusual health problems in the area.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/3/17/93301.shtml?s=ic

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Gore Made $500K from Toxic Mines
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 11:21:37 AM »
This  is old news.

the world is filled with hypocrites, especially in politics.

But what's important here?

the message?  or the messenger?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 11:31:24 AM »
This  is old news.

the world is filled with hypocrites, especially in politics.

But what's important here?

the message?  or the messenger?

Both.  The messenger (Gore) is a hypocrite.  If you cannot trust the messenger, the message is suspect.

Mr. Environment has apparently been profiting from polluting the environment.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 11:58:04 AM »
Both.  The messenger (Gore) is a hypocrite.  If you cannot trust the messenger, the message is suspect.

Mr. Environment has apparently been profiting from polluting the environment.   

what do you think the message was?

did you watch the movie?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 12:04:48 PM »
Of course he didn't.  ::)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 12:13:06 PM »
Gore gave my kid herpes!! ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 12:15:22 PM »
what do you think the message was?

did you watch the movie?

Gore's most important issue is protecting the environment.  At the same time, he is profiting from polluting the environment. 

No I have not seen his documentary yet.  It's not very high on my list.  I'll get to it eventually.  I should own Blockbuster stock.   :)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 12:21:19 PM »
Hypocrite.

Saturday, March 17, 2007 9:25 a.m. EDT

Former vice-president and global warming guru Al Gore Jr. received more than $500,000 in royalties from the owners of zinc mines, according to a report on Tennessean.com.

The mine owners held mineral leases on Gore's farm near Carthage, Tenn.

Before being shut down in 2003, the mines emitted thousands of pounds of toxic substances.

Reportedly, on several occasions, the water discharged from the mines into nearby rivers had levels of toxins above what was legal.

Now the mines have a new owner and are scheduled to reopen later this year.

State environmental officials, however, say that overall, the mine has had a good environmental record.

Furthermore, the officials note there is no evidence of unusual health problems in the area.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/3/17/93301.shtml?s=ic

sounds like much ado about nothing.

btw - it seems from this tiny speck of a story that he was just the lessor and not the owner of the mining company and probably didn't even know what was going on.   This story could use a few more details.

Does this have anything to do with global climate change?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 12:29:11 PM »
Gore's most important issue is protecting the environment.  At the same time, he is profiting from polluting the environment. 

No I have not seen his documentary yet.  It's not very high on my list.  I'll get to it eventually.  I should own Blockbuster stock.   :)

Too bad GORE was the one who had to be the messenger here.  It's probably turned a good many people off from watching the movie.  I don;t remember too much negative press about the assertions the movie made.  I could be wrong, but i remember reading somewhere where many scientists have given their approval based on the accuracy of it's claims.  But i could be wrong....too much LSD when i was a kid  :P

We should all own a piece of block buster by now  :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 02:10:25 PM »
If you cannot trust the messenger, the message is suspect.

Beach Bum, you admitted in the past that you'd trust a wackjob like Alex Jones to alert you of an upcoming terror attack in a building your daughter worked, over your own President Bush.

You admitted you wouldn't trust Bush to warn you.

So um, since you can't trust him (the messenger), can you really trust much of what he says? (the message)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 09:17:16 PM »

Beach Bum, you admitted in the past that you'd trust a wackjob like Alex Jones to alert you of an upcoming terror attack in a building your daughter worked, over your own President Bush.

You admitted you wouldn't trust Bush to warn you.

So um, since you can't trust him (the messenger), can you really trust much of what he says? (the message)

LOL.  Do you ever quit making stuff up?  LOL.  You really do live in a fantasy world. 

Hey is this your favorite show?

Plot summary for
"Fantasy Island" (1978)
advertisement Fantasy Island is a resort, where there is very little that the host, Mr. Roarke cannot provide. Thus we have visitors have adventures in fantasies that should be impossible, but this island can accommodate them such as visits to any time period they want, meet absolutely anyone they see to do something they request such as getting William Shakespeare to write a play for them. The only constant (until the final season) was at the sight of the incoming visitors, the Mr. Roarke's midget assistant runs up to the bell tower to ring the bell and shout "De plane!, De plane!"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077008/

De plane!  De plane!  LOL . . . .

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 06:11:10 AM »
LOL.  Do you ever quit making stuff up?  LOL.  You really do live in a fantasy world. 

Hey is this your favorite show?

Plot summary for
"Fantasy Island" (1978)
advertisement Fantasy Island is a resort, where there is very little that the host, Mr. Roarke cannot provide. Thus we have visitors have adventures in fantasies that should be impossible, but this island can accommodate them such as visits to any time period they want, meet absolutely anyone they see to do something they request such as getting William Shakespeare to write a play for them. The only constant (until the final season) was at the sight of the incoming visitors, the Mr. Roarke's midget assistant runs up to the bell tower to ring the bell and shout "De plane!, De plane!"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077008/

De plane!  De plane!  LOL . . . .

I'm calling BS on you BeachBum. I specifically remember you saying you'd trust Jones over Bush to warn you.

...and Gore's family were tobacco farmers too. Big whoop. when they realized the harm they did they stopped.

They should be commended for that.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2007, 07:46:08 AM »

You're lying, professor.

I was shocked you possessed the honesty to admit it back then.  Now you deny it.

Looks like you lack integrity.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2007, 09:52:19 AM »
I'm calling BS on you BeachBum. I specifically remember you saying you'd trust Jones over Bush to warn you.

...and Gore's family were tobacco farmers too. Big whoop. when they realized the harm they did they stopped.

They should be commended for that.

Oh sure you do Jag.   ::)  Why don't you quote me then?  I don't know who this nut is.  I listened to a clip of this guy for the first time in my life last night.  He's crazy. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2007, 09:52:42 AM »
You're lying, professor.

I was shocked you possessed the honesty to admit it back then.  Now you deny it.

Looks like you lack integrity.

:'(