Author Topic: Do certain people reinforce stereotypes??????  (Read 11698 times)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: Do certain people reinforce stereotypes??????
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2007, 12:47:26 PM »

..what is the problem with hiphop?

Uhhhhhh....... it sucks?  ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2007, 12:48:31 PM »
lol.  Ol' school brotha', get with it man.  I didn't choose my wife cause she's white.  BTW she's German, I met her over here (Germany) when I first got stationed over here.  I love her for who she is not what she looks like.  The are many beautiful sistas out there.   Why should someone look for someone of their own race as first choice?  Leave that s hit in the 50s pops.

I am guessing that your pre-disposition dictated your course of action...ponder that for a while

Yes, I am old school and new school.  I remember that people came before me and there will be people after me. My choices are not made in isolation "my brother"
Here comes the money shot

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2007, 12:49:00 PM »
remember guys we all came from the same monkeys. 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2007, 12:49:04 PM »

AHAHAHAHA!!!  Bingo!!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2007, 12:49:10 PM »
I have no proble with DP

I am a college educated computer programmer, running several companies.

DP's path in life could have been affected by many factors beyond his control. Granted I don't like what he does..but I truly believe there is hope for him. Don't turn your back on your brother is my belief

perhaps he just lacks guidance

I have no problem with DP either with the exception that he perpetuates a stereotype that I hate that "we" have.  I grew up in the "hood" but I came out great. In my opinion, I think he is playing to the audience.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2007, 12:49:20 PM »
AHAHAAHA!!!  Wow, I never thought DP would cave like that......thought there was potential for really good series of threads.   Unfortunately the moment DP wanted to take this off of Getbig and "throw hands" Sarcasm again claimed the owning.....I"m kinda shocked it both took place and ended this quickly.

whos caved, i want him to post that he accepts, and that it will be filmed for everyone to see.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2007, 12:49:53 PM »

now that I can live with, you don't like and that is fine. Some of it I don't like also

but his dislike goes deeper than that. When he looks in the mirror, he doesn't accept what he sees.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2007, 12:51:18 PM »
$100 says squadfather finds a way to weasel out of this

any takers?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2007, 12:51:28 PM »
whos caved, i want him to post that he accepts, and that it will be filmed for everyone to see.
we ain't filming shit pusssy, if you want to fight so bad let's set it up, just you and me.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2007, 12:52:24 PM »
Calling Big Wiggs a sell out is out of line and stupid.  >:(

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2007, 12:52:30 PM »

Sorry big man, but the moment a thread goes from post, post, post "let's logoff and fvckin fight".....you've just lost.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2007, 12:54:06 PM »
we ain't filming shit pusssy, if you want to fight so bad let's set it up, just you and me.

why not? You will kick my ass right?

Why nto have that filmed? ;D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2007, 12:59:29 PM »
I am guessing that your pre-disposition dictated your course of action...ponder that for a while

Yes, I am old school and new school.  I remember that people came before me and there will be people after me. My choices are not made in isolation "my brother"

My predisposition?  I'll tell you my predisposition. Divorced parents by age 4.  Grew up in the hood till age 15.  Moved in with father and step mother to uppermiddle class family till 18.  Joined the military at 18.  How's that?  I've seen both sides.  Hip hop in the 80s and the Hip hop culture now is two different things.  I will listen to some of the music although the messages it delivers aren't worth a damn.  The culture and message it preaches today is pretty much: Money, "bitches", guns, drugs.  And you ask what's wrong with hip hop? lol. I'm as "real" as any 'brotha".  I just don't need a "rag" "bling" or to throw up signs to show it.  I want to empower our race and if you ask many old school brothers and sisters, they don't like the hip hop generation and much as I do.  Martin Luther King didn't do what he did for many of our people to do what they do today.

Oh yeah, I'M BLACK AND I'M PROUD. ;D  I was using those example to piss of DP but I guess I got to you instead.  lol

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2007, 01:02:01 PM »
My predisposition?  I'll tell you my predisposition. Divorced parents by age 4.  Grew up in the hood till age 15.  Moved in with father and step mother to uppermiddle class family till 18.  Joined the military at 18.  How's that?  I've seen both sides.  Hip hop in the 80s and the Hip hop culture now is two different things.  I will listen to some of the music although the messages it delivers aren't worth a damn.  The culture and message it preaches today is pretty much: Money, "bitches", guns, drugs.  And you ask what's wrong with hip hop? lol. I'm as "real" as any 'brotha".  I just don't need a "rag" "bling" or to throw up signs to show it.  I want to empower our race and if you ask many old school brothers and sisters, they don't like the hip hop generation and much as I do.  Martin Luther King didn't do what he did for many of our people to do what they do today.

You wouldnt last 2 minutes on the street, and you know that, that why you had to get out the hood.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2007, 01:05:05 PM »
You wouldnt last 2 minutes on the street, and you know that, that why you had to get out the hood.

I'm in the position to where I don't have to go back to your street. But thanks though.  But you're probably right.  But guess what, you wouldn't last 2 min in my world so stay in your hood.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2007, 01:05:58 PM »
I'm in the position to where I don't have to go back to your street. But thanks though.  But you're probably right.  But guess what, you wouldn't last 2 min in my world so stay in your hood.

You think?

I don't think I would want to be a midget.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2007, 01:07:02 PM »

I applaud your efforts to make yourself better..many of us had to overcome many obstacles to be a success (however that is defined)

why should the music define a race? when "horror punk and heavy metal" were taking about devil worshipping was the music used to define a race? when you let outside forces define who and what you are then all is lost

what is wrong with being well rounded musically? I appreciate most genres..one of my favorite artist is Etta James, doesn't mean that I can't appreciate some current music

and oh...perhaps your divorced parents  affected your "pre-dispostion" more than you think.  There is nothing wrong with being chocolate covered...remember that

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2007, 01:07:59 PM »

I'd rather own the entire street and surrounding "hood" and rent it out to all the ghetto hoodrats for 3x what it's worth.   Talk about bein a true pimp......Chase Manhattan bankers in hizz-ouse!!!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2007, 01:08:26 PM »
You think?

I don't think I would want to be a midget.

If midgets run at 5'9.  Ok. ::)
Have fun in the hood. ;D

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2007, 01:10:02 PM »

DP in all fairness, I wouldn't last 2 minutes in the streets, nor would most of my friends. Given other choices who would want to?

I wouldn't hold that against wiggs. I am more concerned with his pre-dispostion and the choices he makes surrounding that

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2007, 01:11:40 PM »
DP didn't come from "da streets" either, but don't tell anyone.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2007, 01:14:26 PM »
Most Crips wouldn't last two minutes in the hood depending on which neighborhood they are talking about.

Fly the blue in a slob neighborhood and your ass is toast.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2007, 01:15:58 PM »
I applaud your efforts to make yourself better..many of us had to overcome many obstacles to be a success (however that is defined)

why should the music define a race? when "horror punk and heavy metal" were taking about devil worshipping was the music used to define a race? when you let outside forces define who and what you are then all is lost

what is wrong with being well rounded musically? I appreciate most genres..one of my favorite artist is Etta James, doesn't mean that I can't appreciate some current music

and oh...perhaps your divorced parents  affected your "pre-dispostion" more than you think.  There is nothing wrong with being chocolate covered...remember that

Yes, true.  I didn't do this on my own and I appriciate all the other brothers and and sisters (and white people) that helped us out.  
The hip hop genre has come in and torn all that down with messages of hate and violence.  Many of our people fall victim to this because they are young and ignorant.  This is why I don't like the lifestyle.  As far as parents go.  I've dated black, white, latino.  I don't have a preference....A b itch, is a b itch,  is a ho, is a quick nut...j/k

Oh yeah.  I'm very proud to be black.  We just need better representative.....Thank God for Barrack Obama and Condy Rice :)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2007, 01:20:43 PM »
Most Crips wouldn't last two minutes in the hood depending on which neighborhood they are talking about.

Fly the blue in a slob neighborhood and your ass is toast.

I just live in neighborhoods with college graduates, successful professionals and business owners......hoodrats and dirty ghetto folk don't have the credit scores to earn a spot there.   I would last in "da hood" either cause I don't own "a piece", my credit is excellent and I have no bastard children.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2007, 01:21:32 PM »
Davidpaul is just some black punk who thinks he's tough because he wears a durag and rocca wear.