Author Topic: Which Getbigger would you like to fight???  (Read 2618 times)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: Which Getbigger would you like to fight???
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2007, 08:30:01 PM »
Freedom of expression does not equal absence of consequences. There's certain things that you and I would agree should not be said, whether in real life or on the internet. All I'm saying is that yes, there's greater leniency when it comes to things you can say on the internet vs real life, BUT there's still limits.

The degree to which how one is affected is by certain comments is a different story altogether. That is an individual thing that will vary from person to person. Ofcourse, it shouldn't be taken as seriously as "real life" matters, and thats why there's room for leniency to begin with.

It shouldn't be taken AT ALL seriously.  If internet comments are getting you down or pissing you off, you see that little red "x" in the upper right-hand corner of your screen?  Click it.  Problem 100% solved!  ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2007, 08:33:12 PM »

It shouldn't be taken AT ALL seriously.  If internet comments are getting you down or pissing you off, you see that little red "x" in the upper right-hand corner of your screen?  Click it.  Problem 100% solved!  ::)
you're being unrealistic, its PEOPLE interacting. You can't just cut out emotions whenever you want.
follow the arrows

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2007, 08:36:47 PM »
No, but you can take it with a grain of salt.

Things like "hahaha 'haider' oh man what a name I bet you're the kind of guy that googles 'willing 10 year olds' and furiously faps while looking back and forth from the computer screen to that printed picture of Ahmed from 'musclebears.com'. Hahaha, gayer than men smoking Virginia Slims" are not serious at all.

If people take offense to anything posted on a message board, I wouldn't want to think what their childhood was like.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2007, 08:37:56 PM »
you're being unrealistic, its PEOPLE interacting. You can't just cut out emotions whenever you want.

It's not "people", it's electrons on a screen on a funny little glowing box in my living room.

I hold complete power over them.  If they're bothering me, I can make them go away just by clicking an "off" switch.

They have no more substance than the characters in my favorite television show.

While this may not be universal reality, it IS reality from the point of view of each individual poster.  People really need to gain some perspective.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2007, 08:40:23 PM »
goatboy, I'd give you a noogie.
$

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2007, 08:41:21 PM »
goatboy, I'd give you a noogie.

"click"   ;D

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2007, 08:46:36 PM »
No, but you can take it with a grain of salt.

Things like "hahaha 'haider' oh man what a name I bet you're the kind of guy that googles 'willing 10 year olds' and furiously faps while looking back and forth from the computer screen to that printed picture of Ahmed from 'musclebears.com'. Hahaha, gayer than men smoking Virginia Slims" are not serious at all.

If people take offense to anything posted on a message board, I wouldn't want to think what their childhood was like.
hahahahahaha!! You're right about how one SHOULD react to message board comments. I'd disagree however that anything is good to go, theres bound to be things that will offend u in certain ways, even if to small degrees.

It's not "people", it's electrons on a screen on a funny little glowing box in my living room.

I hold complete power over them.  If they're bothering me, I can make them go away just by clicking an "off" switch.

They have no more substance than the characters in my favorite television show.

While this may not be universal reality, it IS reality from the point of view of each individual poster.  People really need to gain some perspective.
If you hold that perspective, then that is one way how u choose to "react" to message board comments. I cant diagree with that.
follow the arrows

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2007, 08:46:50 PM »
Freedom of expression does not equal absence of consequences. There's certain things that you and I would agree should not be said, whether in real life or on the internet. All I'm saying is that yes, there's greater leniency when it comes to things you can say on the internet vs real life, BUT there's still limits.

The degree to which how one is affected is by certain comments is a different story altogether. That is an individual thing that will vary from person to person. Ofcourse, it shouldn't be taken as seriously as "real life" matters, and thats why there's room for leniency to begin with.

I agree with everything you said. When you post something on the internet you should know you're being critiqued and judged by people with every kind of opinion you could imagine. So getting "owned" every now and then should not be taken very seriously. A right to become upset and embarassed, perhaps.

Actually, I really don't think it would be necessary for a fight to break out over internet bashings. Shushnant Kapur should receive a nice bitch slap but a punch to the throat is a bit harsh!
~

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2007, 08:47:58 PM »
THIS GUY

who the fu*k is this kid.... looks like he's taking a dump! and whats with the hair :-\
are you delusional?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2007, 09:08:11 PM »
nobody really but i've been called out a few times

mostly by "guests" when they were allowed to post ;D

those were the days :)

E
E

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2007, 09:08:51 PM »
Sasha Ogata
a

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2007, 09:10:37 PM »
Craig Titus.

I outweigh the guy by at least 30-40 lbs now!   ;D

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2007, 09:34:45 PM »
Craig Titus.

I outweigh the guy by at least 30-40 lbs now!   ;D

LOL.. make it a two on one handicap with Titus and Tom Prince!
combined they're what.. 280lbs ?

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2007, 09:42:33 PM »
THIS GUY
Hahahaha, if it's really him that's the funniest thing I've seen all day!

:D :D