Author Topic: Protein powders  (Read 4335 times)

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
Re: Protein powders
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2007, 03:00:04 PM »
Ok few things. I do not compete any longer, like I said in a past thread I did a show in 99 and I bbuild for myself nowadays. Currently im 226, 5ft9 about 13% or so. My goal is continue to lose fat for summer, while trying to get stronger, I'm not trying to get huge or anything. I have been drinking a lot of protein shakes recently, and damn I am just holding a SHITLOAD of water! So as of today, my diet is something like this.

breakfast 1cup egg whites with 2 whole eggs, about 60 grams carbs coming from oatmeal.
workout, meal of eggs, steak and potatoes.
meal, chicken and brown rice.
not sure about my fourth meal, probably something like lean red meat, maybe chicken this is where i would still like to do a shake.
dinner, steak and vegetables
late night snack, again not sure what to eat here i typically I do a shake but if im doing food, im guessing red meat as it digests slowly.

I have a really fast metabolism, if i eat less than this i will just lose muscle, so this is pretty much my plan to lean out and get off protein shakes. I will be consistent for a couple weeks and post results later.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2007, 07:58:44 PM »
i've used both On powder's and most time now use their pro blend which is considerable more expensive.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2007, 06:43:02 AM »
Nitrean. 
w

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2007, 09:16:55 AM »
I think the best three are (in no particular order) Dymatize Elite, Optimum Nutrition, DC's True Protein (especially since you can make your own blends with different ingredients)

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2007, 10:29:45 AM »
Try em all.  This is a life long journey.  Find the one that agrees with you.  I've found allot give me way too much gas, while another doesn't keep you full.  Live and learn, but mixing a good isolate, concentrate, egg and casein is a cheep way out, you'll spend more once than not have to but for a month or more, and you can controll the timing for a sustained release of amino acids.  More whey after workout, more casein pre sleep or what ever your body assimilates best.  Don't be penny wise and pound foolish.  Eating all the protein you needed was a very expensive and messy job.  Thanks to shakes, it's a thing of the past.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2007, 10:34:24 AM »
I only get results from protein powders if I add some form of slow-digesting carbohydrate to them, such as oats.   

affy

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2007, 05:25:12 PM »
they obviously dont work

exhibit A:

Don Miracle

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2007, 11:04:05 PM »
Jarrow basic, no bullshit, unflavored protein is the way to go IMO.  You can mix it with anything, and 39 servings at ~20g. costs about $15.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2007, 01:09:40 PM »
Some of the brand I've used include:

- ON 100% Whey Gold Standard
- ON Classic Whey
- Designer Whey
- MyoPro Protein
- GNC 100% Whey Protein

If I can get a 5 lb. jug of any of the aforementioned brands for $20-$25, I consider it a good haul.

Buttsuck

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2007, 01:13:57 PM »
they obviously dont work

exhibit A: