Author Topic: Horror fans gather round. (YouTube clip.)  (Read 2037 times)

Purge_WTF

Horror fans gather round. (YouTube clip.)
« on: March 19, 2007, 04:21:09 AM »
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFblgNAmgNY

The nototrious "shotgun scene" from Maniac. I hope the link works.

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Horror fans gather round. (YouTube clip.)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 04:31:00 AM »
Eh.. movies dont impress me.
Check out good ol' Bud Dwyer.

http://www.flurl.com/item/Bud_Dwyer_Suicide_u_154595

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 05:44:32 AM »

Yeah seeing it in the movies is one thing...but they can never peg that "look" of the real deal. Bud's public suicide was a little disturbing to watch.

From working the ambulance though, the maniac depiction is about as real looking as it's going to get next to witnessing it yourself.

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 05:47:56 AM »
hey, never heard of this movie, good scene!!!  ;D
!

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 05:50:44 AM »
Yeah seeing it in the movies is one thing...but they can never peg that "look" of the real deal. Bud's public suicide was a little disturbing to watch.

From working the ambulance though, the maniac depiction is about as real looking as it's going to get next to witnessing it yourself.

I have seen so many dead pics and folks that when ever I watch CSI with my gf and I see a dead body and they show the eyes... I have to say... don't look like real dead one... I hate it, if you do a realistic crime show and you want to show a dead one with open eyes, than make them look dead, don't just tell the actor to hold his eyes open and don't blink.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 05:53:20 AM »
I have seen so many dead pics and folks that when ever I watch CSI with my gf and I see a dead body and they show the eyes... I have to say... don't look like real dead one... I hate it, if you do a realistic crime show and you want to show a dead one with open eyes, than make them look dead, don't just tell the actor to hold his eyes open and don't blink.

Yeah it's the eyes that give them away. They're never glazed with that 1000 yard stare. Actors seem to focus on something above them and try not to blink. Nothing in their face is slack like a dead person. There's always a "weight" to death that gives it away where as when someone is alive FAKING it it's easy to spot. It seems empathetic but when dealing with the dead or a victim of some kind you just dont' think of them as a person, someone's loved one, etc. Your mind saves your sanity and keeps you from clawing your eyes out when your brain makes sense of the mess you're staring at.

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
  • Team What The Fuck?!?!?!
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 06:31:47 AM »
i love Maniac! 
also, people's eyes are all different when they die, open, closed, one open and one closed, half open, twitching, blinking, etc.  it all depends on how they die.  dudes we killed in iraq would always have the weirdest looking eyes.  like, half open and one looking the wrong way, like they had a really bad lazy eyelid, like forrest whittaker or something like that.  eyes are fucked up. 
F

bassmaster

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 06:42:43 AM »

damm that was to fuckin real. theirs just something about the real deal that gets to you. The fake stuff seems to make me want to watch it over and over again laughing. the real deal always gets to me  :'(  mommy

you got anymore?

Farkenell

• Getbig III
  • Life Is Pain, Pain Is Everything
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 06:45:48 AM »

Great work from Tom Savini.. the greatest of all

Purge_WTF

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 06:52:55 AM »
Great work from Tom Savini.. the greatest of all

Yeah, that's definitely one of his best effects.

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 07:40:44 AM »
damm that was to fuckin real. theirs just something about the real deal that gets to you. The fake stuff seems to make me want to watch it over and over again laughing. the real deal always gets to me  :'(  mommy

you got anymore?
Ask and ya shall receive.

http://www.angelfire.com/ab8/suicide01/index.html
you have to d/l it but its really worth it if your looking for such a thing.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 07:54:54 AM »
bud dwyer, what a dumbass, what point was he trying to prove.  No one cares, you iced yourself because you couldnt handle the slammer, what a pussy.