Author Topic: Is This Really Discrimination?  (Read 2477 times)

gymforlord

• Getbig II
Is This Really Discrimination?
« on: March 19, 2007, 08:40:01 AM »
Guess I'm confused here-this sounds so overly PC to me.
A lifting buddy of mine has had an extra job on the side dancing part time in the evenings in revue for women. Granted, I know it is not totally in line with my beliefs, but he love entertaining women & makes good extra money to support his BB'ing.
He is actually pretty upset that now they want to make the show available for men when it had been LADIES ONLY. Is this really discrimination??? I guess I am confused. Isn't it insulting to women? Don't gay men get enough of their own?
Know this is not some big serious topic, but was still confused.
Any thoughts? Maybe the women have an opinion.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: Is This Really Discrimination?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 08:45:46 AM »
why would a gay man forcebily wanna go watch a STRAIGHT guy naked??  :-\

side note..i dont mind gay folks..as long as they dont effect my life..

i detest fags..
carpe` vaginum!

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 09:05:15 AM »
It's a good business decision that has nothing to do with gay men and PCness.  Do you think gay men want to sit around a club with a bunch of screaming, outta control women?  The reason a lot of clubs allow men now is because there are only so many women who go out in girl-only hordes on the weekend. You attract more business and pack em in more, when you allow women to bring dates, boyfriends, brothers, whatever. The clubs for women that allow men, usually require the men to be accompanied by at least one woman.

gymforlord

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 09:10:44 AM »
It's a good business decision that has nothing to do with gay men and PCness.  Do you think gay men want to sit around a club with a bunch of screaming, outta control women?  The reason a lot of clubs allow men now is because there are only so many women who go out in girl-only hordes on the weekend. You attract more business and pack em in more, when you allow women to bring dates, boyfriends, brothers, whatever. The clubs for women that allow men, usually require the men to be accompanied by at least one woman.
Thanks, Deedee-nice to meet you.
I think this club is open to men aside from the show my friend is in. He just honestly felt that the show is made FOR WOMEN and that he feels comfortable performing for a female audience. I think people have found him "homophobic" for this reaction & I don't honestly (or he himself) feel that that is fair.
I can understand what you say about the business, though.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 09:18:13 AM »
Then maybe he should find another line of work where he doesn't have to show his nether region to a bunch of people.  :-\  It's not like this is something new.  Most clubs have allowed women with dates for years.

gymforlord

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 09:24:16 AM »
Then maybe he should find another line of work where he doesn't have to show his nether region to a bunch of people.  :-\  It's not like this is something new.  Most clubs have allowed women with dates for years.
You have a point, but if he & the other males working in the show are in agreement on this (which he says most are), why should they have to?

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 10:59:16 AM »
You have a point, but if he & the other males working in the show are in agreement on this (which he says most are), why should they have to?

Um, because otherwise he'll get fired and the owner will hire someone new?  Honestly, I don't know where you coming from on this... many, many women's clubs allow men to accompany them in order to attract more business.  Looks like your friend's employer has joined the ranks of these.  If you think gay men hang around women's clubs, you're way off the wall. And many women are happy to have at least one male in their crew for safety reasons.  If your friend doesn't like it, why doesn't he quit? If I'm a nurse but I don't like changing bedpans... maybe I'd get a job at a flower shop instead.

gymforlord

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 11:01:55 AM »
Um, because otherwise he'll get fired and the owner will hire someone new?  Honestly, I don't know where you coming from on this... many, many women's clubs allow men to accompany them in order to attract more business.  Looks like your friend's employer has joined the ranks of these.  If you think gay men hang around women's clubs, you're way off the wall. And many women are happy to have at least one male in their crew for safety reasons.  If your friend doesn't like it, why doesn't he quit? If I'm a nurse but I don't like changing bedpans... maybe I'd get a job at a flower shop instead.
LOL! Thanks for your opinions. I would think women would want to be able to see the show on their own, but that would just be my male opinion. I mean, this question ain't rocket science, I just wanted some opinions to tell him.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 11:08:44 AM »
I agree with DeeDees assessment... It's just business.

Look at it from the reverse... If it's a club that caters mostly to men, but women come in... does anyone care? Not really, and many of the girls who are dancing think it's funny.

If I were him, I would just quit... That's his only option, either way, the owner IS going to find someone to do it... That's just life.

Gay people have money too, and club owners want it.

gymforlord

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 11:15:19 AM »
I agree with DeeDees assessment... It's just business.

Look at it from the reverse... If it's a club that caters mostly to men, but women come in... does anyone care? Not really, and many of the girls who are dancing think it's funny.

If I were him, I would just quit... That's his only option, either way, the owner IS going to find someone to do it... That's just life.

Gay people have money too, and club owners want it.
Have to confess I don't really go too much to any kind've club that features any sort of dancers, so don't really know how females feel about seeing other females.
To my friend's perspective, I think he just honestly feels that it is too bad that he & the other performers wanted to do something exclusively for women & now it's not & they feel it's BS.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 11:19:20 AM »
Have to confess I don't really go too much to any kind've club that features any sort of dancers, so don't really know how females feel about seeing other females.
To my friend's perspective, I think he just honestly feels that it is too bad that he & the other performers wanted to do something exclusively for women & now it's not & they feel it's BS.

Start doing private shows only... Or open his own club.

gymforlord

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 11:20:22 AM »
Start doing private shows only... Or open his own club.
That's an idea-will pass it along.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 12:35:16 PM »
Nope, and your friend is a dumbass.

gymforlord

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 01:04:34 PM »
Nope, and your friend is a dumbass.

I'll let him know ya said that! :)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2007, 01:10:24 PM »

They don't 'have to'. 

They can choose not to work those performances, but whores really should not be picky. 

gymforlord

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 01:11:57 PM »
They don't 'have to'. 

They can choose not to work those performances, but whores really should not be picky. 
Yeah and probably be fired as being "homophobic"...

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2007, 01:57:28 PM »
They don't 'have to'. 

Dancing for money makes you a whore?

I didn't know this.

If your friend is uncomfortable, then he shouldn't do it.  But if is just to make extra money, he can always do something else, like webcam
private dances, phone sessions.

Lots of BB and Fitness males and females do it.
Sandra

gymforlord

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2007, 02:00:15 PM »
Dancing for money makes you a whore?

I didn't know this.

If your friend is uncomfortable, then he shouldn't do it.  But if is just to make extra money, he can always do something else, like webcam
private dances, phone sessions.

Lots of BB and Fitness males and females do it.
Sandra

Hey Sandra-didn't catch the "whore" part of the last post...I thought sleeping with the clientele made you one, not dancing-granted, not what I would do, but it is his choice.

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2007, 03:05:48 PM »
Yes, that is what some  people think of when you say "whore".  Having sex for money.

I was just questioning Tre's use of the term

Sandra

gymforlord

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2007, 03:07:08 PM »
Yes, that is what some  people think of when you say "whore".  Having sex for money.

I was just questioning Tre's use of the term

Sandra
I know he's not sleeping, just dancing-I didn't catch that when first posted! Thanks for your advice! :)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2007, 03:19:12 PM »
The business has a right to make what they might think is prudent business decisions.  If he's not obligated to dance there, then he has to make a choice to stay or not.

In other words they can't run their business based on his preferences, instead they must run it on their customer's preferences.

gymforlord

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2007, 03:26:09 PM »
The business has a right to make what they might think is prudent business decisions.  If he's not obligated to dance there, then he has to make a choice to stay or not.

In other words they can't run their business based on his preferences, instead they must run it on their customer's preferences.
That is true-I think he just felt it was based on PC'ism & not the choice of customers or employees...

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2007, 03:29:36 PM »
That is true-I think he just felt it was based on PC'ism & not the choice of customers or employees...

It might very have been...still in business almost all decisions have to do with money in the end.   ;D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2007, 03:54:54 PM »
still in business almost all decisions have to do with money in the end.   ;D

Exactly.

Just like Bush's decision to invade Iraq.

gymforlord

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2007, 03:57:09 PM »
Exactly.

Just like Bush's decision to invade Iraq.
LOL-Didn't think those two topics would have much to do with one another, but you seem to have that on the brain, Tre.