Author Topic: Bush Pleads for Patience in Iraq War  (Read 1069 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Bush Pleads for Patience in Iraq War
« on: March 19, 2007, 10:20:15 AM »
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8NVBHBG1&show_article=1

Although I've voiced my strong opposition to this war and question why we started it.  And even with my strong criticism for BUSH that's rooted in the Iraq war, I don't think setting pull out dates is the answer and set us up for more problems.

We need to stay there and finish the job.  We actually need more troops there. And some of the oil revenue should be paying for it.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Re: Bush Pleads for Patience in Iraq War
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 11:19:03 AM »
I see his point. What war did we ever successfully conclude in only 4 years?

Oh yeah... right.  ::)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 11:31:55 AM »

Well it depends what you call it.  This is an insurgent war.  A little different than a traditional war where you have front lines.  Point is, i believe if we move out we will lose everything we already sacrificed, including the 400 billion, military presence and a friendly support middle east government, 3000 dead soldiers etc..   and we will have made a perfect breeding ground for more terrorists.  If we leave now it will get far worse.

Also, we should have put more troops in there as soon as we realized we had too few.  Which would have been May of 2003.

But now, as predicted we are losing our stomach for this war only because it was handled so badly by our leadership and thus drawn out too long.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 11:55:35 AM »
we're all grownups here.

we're staying in the cities to justify our presence until the pipeline is finished in 18 months.

then we'll declare victory and leave the cities and let the local police kick the motherloving crap outta the insurgents. 

we'll be there forever for the bases/pipeline, even the dems admit it now.  we did what we came to do in iraq, put in a pipeline and bases, and remove the guy who wouldn't let us put in a pipeline and bases. 

if you sign up for the military now, you know what you're getting into.  so enjoy it!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 11:56:55 AM »
we're all grownups here.

we're staying in the cities to justify our presence until the pipeline is finished in 18 months.

then we'll declare victory and leave the cities and let the local police kick the motherloving crap outta the insurgents. 

we'll be there forever for the bases/pipeline, even the dems admit it now.  we did what we came to do in iraq, put in a pipeline and bases, and remove the guy who wouldn't let us put in a pipeline and bases. 

if you sign up for the military now, you know what you're getting into.  so enjoy it!

I'd be interested to see any links on this in the bold.   please post if you have any. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 12:06:42 PM »

Operation Just Cause.

Desert Storm.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 12:10:01 PM »
Operation Just Cause.

Desert Storm.

Actually, WW2 only took us from 41-45... That's only 4 years. (That we were involved)

Take that for what you will.