Author Topic: Good News From Iraq  (Read 7958 times)

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
Re: Good News From Iraq
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2007, 01:14:46 PM »
Look what I found.   :)  http://goodnewsiraq.com/index2.htm 

Brace yourselves.  There is actually good news from Iraq.  Who knew?  (Obviously not CNN). 

Among the things reported on this site:

Iraqi Soldiers Take Lead on Riyadh Mission
RIYADH, Iraq, March 21, 2007 — The Iraqi army soldiers’ flashlights pierce the darkness as they search the Riyadh marketplace for any wires or materials that may indicate the emplacement of an improvised explosive device in the area. Story

Engineers Help Iraqis Hone Construction Skills
DAHUK, Iraq, March 21, 2007 — A class of Iraqi engineers completed a four-day course in construction quality management, enhancing their job skills to achieve a quality product safely, on time and within budget. Story

Investigative Techniques Counter Terrorists
COMBAT OUTPOST ELLIS, Iraq, March 21, 2007 — Marines are currently using crime scene investigation techniques to help combat insurgents in ongoing operations in Iraq. Story

Sailors Help Feed Babies at Djibouti Orphanage
Some

Good news? 3,100 GI's dead.......50,000 seriously wounded.

All for nothing, based on...........PROVEN LIES from "Bloodbath Bush"

If YOU have not fought in Baghdad, SHUT THE FVCK UP!!! Good news my ass.

Hope this helps.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2007, 01:15:57 PM »
Are you trying to say that was an understatement?   :D

All we talk about is politics on this board.  For the most part.  I'll be happy to give my views on the media and race and the nonexistent "media conscience" in another thread.   :) 

I am with you on the Niners.  We'll be back!  It's way early, but as of now I see Lelie as a low WR2 or WR3.  What about you?  I almost always draft WRs late, so he could very well end up on my team.  I'm very excited for him.  I saw pretty much all of his college games.  Great addition for the Niners.

nah not really.  I wasn't trying to say anything, just laughing to myself because it described some of your responses well.

I saw one game he played in, i loved it, can't remember who they were playing against, Chang was QB.  Love the tail gating at Aloha Stadium the family atmosphere was great!  Real sad my parents left Hawaii!   But my Pops is a volunteer at the Wright Patterson Air Museum now, so i have that to look forward to when i visit in July.   ;D

Yes,  i've been drafting my receivers late the last few years also. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2007, 01:16:12 PM »
Good news? 3,100 GI's dead.......50,000 seriously wounded.

All for nothing, based on...........PROVEN LIES from "Bloodbath Bush"

If YOU have not fought in Baghdad, SHUT THE FVCK UP!!! Good news my ass.

Hope this helps.

Well I have been there...and what proven LIES????
gotta love life

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2007, 01:19:34 PM »
I didn't know we had some fellow fantasy footballers in here. We might have to have a political board leauge next year! Any baseball guys in here?

I'm 100% for it!  I love Fantasy Football.  I'm game for whatever league we get started.  Any amount within reason will due fine  :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2007, 01:20:10 PM »
nah not really.  I wasn't trying to say anything, just laughing to myself because it described some of your responses well.

I saw one game he played in, i loved it, can't remember who they were playing against, Chang was QB.  Love the tail gating at Aloha Stadium the family atmosphere was great!  Real sad my parents left Hawaii!   But my Pops is a volunteer at the Wright Patterson Air Museum now, so i have that to look forward to when i visit in July.   ;D

I'm renewing my season tickets this week.  

Send me a PM when you come in July and I'll take you to lunch.  

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2007, 01:23:20 PM »
I'm renewing my season tickets this week. 

Send me a PM when you come in July and I'll take you to lunch. 

sorry i'll be going to Ohio in July  :(,  i will possibly go to Hawaii to do a seminar sometime in the next 12 to 18 months.   I will send you a PM then.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2007, 01:37:37 PM »

Your fvcking kidding right?

Lies about WMD's

Lies about the connection between Saddam and Bin Laden and 9-11.

BloodBath Bush lied about EVERYTHING related to getting into the war and it's all been PROVEN.

Wake the FVCK UP!!!

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2007, 01:40:22 PM »

One more thing jackass.......Rumsfeld resigned BECAUSE of the lies.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2007, 01:49:50 PM »
It's much more sinister than that IMO.  They refuse to report good news, and focus almost exclusively on bad news, in an attempt to influence public opinion.  

If they were truly reporting the news and not involved in some campaign, they would report all of it.  Good and bad.  

So, when I say the media has their own agenda in not reporting the oddities of 9/11, you say that's nonsense. 

But now YOU say they selectively report news based upon their own agenda.

Just like polls, Beach Bum will only believe a statement when it benefits his cause.  owned again. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2007, 01:51:04 PM »
sorry i'll be going to Ohio in July  :(,  i will possibly go to Hawaii to do a seminar sometime in the next 12 to 18 months.   I will send you a PM then.

Ohio?  Sucks for you.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2007, 01:52:52 PM »
So, when I say the media has their own agenda in not reporting the oddities of 9/11, you say that's nonsense. 

But now YOU say they selectively report news based upon their own agenda.

Just like polls, Beach Bum will only believe a statement when it benefits his cause.  owned again. 

Oh please.   ::)  You say the CIA controls the media and that this is the reason the media doesn't report the crackpot 911 conspiracy (unless they are reporting a favorable 911 conspiracy poll).  That precludes us from having a rational discussion about the media. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2007, 01:55:00 PM »
let's compare:

vs.
Suicide Bomber kills 150 people and wounds 400 at market.

Now, which event will sell more papers?

Also, which event matters?  you have 550 people (and their families effects) either dead or maimed.  Or, you have 8 guys who learned to weld better (who just might use these skills to construct better IEDs, if you admit we can't tell the good guys from the bad guys).

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2007, 01:56:14 PM »
Oh please.   ::)  You say the CIA controls the media and that this is the reason the media doesn't report the crackpot 911 conspiracy (unless they are reporting a favorable 911 conspiracy poll).  That precludes us from having a rational discussion about the media. 

LOL... You just made it clear the media reports based upon their OWN agenda (bad news/liberal slant), not fairly based upon the actual events.

You just proved my point.  Thanks again.

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2007, 01:58:17 PM »
It's much more sinister than that IMO.  They refuse to report good news, and focus almost exclusively on bad news, in an attempt to influence public opinion.  

If they were truly reporting the news and not involved in some campaign, they would report all of it.  Good and bad.  

I totally agree with this. Sensational news sells.  Good news makes people change the channel.  
Why didn't the white house press secretary get this in the news?  Usually a news conference with the press or visiting the political talk shows would have spread the word about the positive side.

It wouldv'e also given the powers in charge a stronger position on the war in Iraq.

Sandra

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2007, 01:59:27 PM »
let's compare:

vs.

Also, which event matters?  you have 550 people (and their families effects) either dead or maimed.  Or, you have 8 guys who learned to weld better (who just might use these skills to construct better IEDs, if you admit we can't tell the good guys from the bad guys).

teach a man to fish and feed him for life...

Kill him and never have to feed him again.

It's the nature of news.................... ..  news always focuses on BAD stuff.  But in this case they are reporting significant BAD stuff.

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2007, 02:00:52 PM »
Walter reed and every other army medical facility (like the one I use daily) serve as a prime example why free medical care for everyone isn't as great as it seems

Free medical care is better than none.  Does the military pay it's personnel enough to get medical attention from private facilities?

I always thought free medical for life was an incentive to join the military.

Sandra

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2007, 02:01:15 PM »
Today in America, 1.8 million children learned to read.  Yet the newspaper is all about terrible things.  I don't understand it.

Heck, why did they report on Walter Reed's problems - when there are 20,000 hospitals doing so well!?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2007, 02:03:25 PM »
Today in America, 1.8 million children learned to read.  Yet the newspaper is all about terrible things.  I don't understand it.

Heck, why did they report on Walter Reed's problems - when there are 20,000 hospitals doing so well!?

:)

dam media.  If they hadn't fucused on the negative stuff no one would have had to know about Walter Reed!

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2007, 02:05:27 PM »
let's compare:

vs.

Also, which event matters?  you have 550 people (and their families effects) either dead or maimed.  Or, you have 8 guys who learned to weld better (who just might use these skills to construct better IEDs, if you admit we can't tell the good guys from the bad guys).

BS....rebuilding is NOT occuring. Construction workers are too afraid to stay on a job long enough to complete it.

That is what I witnessed.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2007, 03:37:48 PM »
Free medical care is better than none.  Does the military pay it's personnel enough to get medical attention from private facilities?

Sandra

I never said it didn't help, and in the Air Force the medical facilities are top notch. The Army however....
gotta love life

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2007, 03:52:39 PM »

Sandra
Have you been to a VA hospital?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070321/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/veterans_care

Today's news
I like the part where they said "putting a band aids on problems" You go for a infection they give you a lollipop and tell you it's all better, doctors take orders also.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2007, 05:23:47 PM »
I never said it didn't help, and in the Air Force the medical facilities are top notch. The Army however....

From my experience, I can say THE VAST MAJORITY of VA hospitals provide "marginal" medical care. A close friend of mine (Dr) is assigned to post traumatic stress patients......as an internist, he says "what the hell do I know about PTSD"?

Many Docs have the keys to their cars in hand......an hour before their shift is over.

I kid you not.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2007, 05:55:28 PM »
Some VA hospitals are nice Dallas ,Tx which I have been to is pretty nice.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2007, 04:31:48 AM »
From my experience, I can say THE VAST MAJORITY of VA hospitals provide "marginal" medical care. A close friend of mine (Dr) is assigned to post traumatic stress patients......as an internist, he says "what the hell do I know about PTSD"?

Many Docs have the keys to their cars in hand......an hour before their shift is over.

I kid you not.

I bet you are Army aren't you...calm down, not knocking it......I am AF staioned at an Army post. The medical care is 180 degrees different
gotta love life

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2007, 04:41:14 AM »
I bet you are Army aren't you...calm down, not knocking it......I am AF staioned at an Army post. The medical care is 180 degrees different

Your Air Force? Ha Ha Ha  No wonder your talking sh*t about how great things are in Iraq. YOU have no idea what's happening on the ground in Iraq. Zero credibility.

Air Force is the place to be.................if you desire avoiding the war, while still being in the Military.

MM69 should be ignored.