Author Topic: Controlled deliveries!  (Read 3491 times)

4thAD

Controlled deliveries!
« on: March 21, 2007, 12:03:05 PM »
With all of the good bro's going for personal gear lately I thought I'd post this up. This came from another board and its from Rick Collins. I think we all know who Rick is, and if you don't then you need to educate yourself.

Controlled Deliveries

By Rick Collins, J.D.

If investigators want to bust you for a juice package, their goal will be to get you to take possession of the package. There are two reasons: 1) once you accept a package of contraband, you can be arrested for possessing it; and 2) the feds will have generally obtained a warrant to search your house that cannot be executed until you accept the package.

That’s where your signature comes in. Signing for the package removes any argument that you didn’t accept it. Especially when it’s supported by the undercover agent’s testimony about the conversation that took place. “Are you Johnny Johnson?” You said, “Yes.” “Will you accept this package?” You said, “Of course!” and looked really excited when you saw the return address from China.

Could accepting possession be proven in other ways? Absolutely. The issue is determined by looking at everything you did and said. In the conversation we just described, you said you were the person who intended to receive the package, and you explicitly stated that you would accept it. The absence of a signature won’t magically protect you!

What if you refuse to sign, but try to accept the package verbally? A real courier wouldn’t give it to you if a signature was required, but let’s say this undercover agent courier would. Have you avoided an arrest and search? Of course not, because you’ve accepted the package! What’s more, your cagey behavior will be used against you to prove your knowledge of the illegal contents of the package – why else would you refuse to sign?

I’ve seen a number of cases where the target gets a funky feeling about the delivery guy and rejects the package. The undercover courier will then do everything possible to get the package into the target’s hands, with or without a signature. It’s the only way to execute the raid. In one desperate case, the courier blew his cover and flashed a badge. He summoned his partner, and the two asked to step inside to talk about the package. The target told them he had no idea what was in the package and that they most certainly could not come into his house. The agents said the package contained suspected drugs, and asked if they could open it. “Do what you want, it’s not my package.” They opened it, and inside were 500 Anabol tablets. “My mistake,” one agent said. “These are okay. You can import a personal use supply. Here, you can take them.” Nice try. The target told the agent to stick the tabs where the sun don’t shine and avoided an arrest and raid by the eight other agents skulking in wait just off the property.

Given the headaches presented by savvy suspects, law enforcers are taking a new approach: wiring the package to signal when it’s opened. When someone opens a package, that’s good evidence that he’s the one who knowingly intended to possess it, right? It might even be stronger evidence than signing for it. The application for the search warrant will request authorization to execute the raid once the signal goes off. Several jurisdictions have begun using electronic signaling devices, typically AT-4’s, to confirm that a target has opened his package. No part of the device is visible unless the package is opened. It makes no audible sound but transmits an alert signal to a remote receiver manned by the agents. These devices are perfect in cases where a signature request might spook the target. An AT-4 can make the difference between a botched operation and a valid arrest and raid. Be aware that it’s likely the wave of the future. [For a complete discussion of controlled deliveries, check out Legal Muscle].

Rick Collins, J.D., a veteran lawyer and former competitive bodybuilder, is the author of the groundbreaking new book LEGAL MUSCLE: Anabolics in America, available through this site. [© Rick Collins, 2003. All rights reserved. For informational purposes only, not to be construed as legal advice.]

strength

Re: Controlled deliveries!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 12:57:45 PM »
hmm very interesting.  i have never personally heard of someone getting pinched for small personal packs of oils. 

Now i have heard of guys getting nailed for powders. 

4thAD

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 01:12:01 PM »
Read the headlines! People are getting set up lately with CD's for personal gear. Just be careful! Thats why I posted the info from Rick Collins.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 02:11:03 PM »
Cool info thanks

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 02:58:19 PM »
Things just get tougher don't they.

b.c.

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 03:18:48 PM »
Things just get tougher don't they.

Cant emphasize that enough.  Its no joke and the consequences can be horrendous.  It has me questioning its feasability more and more.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 03:21:08 PM »
Mouse trap Box. Too many smarties.

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 06:52:41 PM »
What if someone else signs for it? Another family member?
big or bust

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 06:53:22 PM »
What if someone else signs for it? Another family member?

They are screwed. & probably you as well.

dragonheart

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 07:14:33 PM »
I would suggest getting whoever is shipping you the package to get it sent in such a way that you wont have to sign for it.  So now they are wiring packages to signal them when its opened?  Heh, luckily I live by a lake so if I ever noticed something electronic in the package id get rid of it asap.  To me, alot of this stuff the law enforcement is doing is borderline invasion of privacy / entrapment.

whitewidow

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 07:46:58 PM »
I will not say much- but you can beat the system to where all you can lose is your order. I notice they do more control deliveries to resdiences instead of say a private mailbox setup as a business.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 07:48:54 PM »
I know a guy who posts on here, who had one of these controlled deliveries. His lawyer was able to get him off on some technicality, but still it's alot of money and trouble...

whitewidow

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 08:14:06 PM »
I know a guy who posts on here, who had one of these controlled deliveries. His lawyer was able to get him off on some technicality, but still it's alot of money and trouble...

Yes there is one guy big and bloated who apparently has had it happen to him. he posted a thread about it a long time ago. if its true I feel bad for the guy. small packages packaged correctly make it in almost 100% if shipped from us friendly country.

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 09:37:38 PM »
Its kinda bullshit because even if i didnt order anything and i got a package in the mail not knowing what it was Id still sign for it.
big or bust

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2007, 01:38:20 AM »
If worse comes to worst - SHUT YOUR MOUTH!
they are going to tell you all this BS that it's going to be worse if you dont talk to them-BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If your being detained against your will you can ask, "Am I free to go?"   If not ----  "I want to talk to a Lawyer" Period.   Hes going to tell you not to talk to them.I guarantee you.
Any talking further limits what Mr Atty. can do. Then he has to work with that.
Most Everyone gets lots of packages, you admit to knowing what was coming- Your done.
Shut UP! SHut Up! Shut Up!  There, that's many tens of thousands  of $z of Free legal advice from
some damn good defence attorneys that buddies of mine have helped afford their flamboyant lifestyle.
Review Once more - "I Want to talk with an Attorney". "I've no desire to talk w/ you."
Da's decide charges in the end based on what the cops gather. Dont be generous.
The less they have to work w/ the better. Also if its noted you were silent- THey cant twist or,, Ahem...
accidentally misconstrue what you said.
You dont owe anyone words in the USA. Only a judge can compell that here.
Also, lying  can get you in more trouble than the crime many times, safest to let the Pros handle it.
There, tell it like it is,... "Hey your accusing me of somthing serious, " I want a Lawyer to look at the situation your talking about."  Dont Deny, dont Admit. Just like a politician- most of whom are Lawyers.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 04:12:18 AM »
If worse comes to worst - SHUT YOUR MOUTH!
they are going to tell you all this BS that it's going to be worse if you dont talk to them-BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If your being detained against your will you can ask, "Am I free to go?"   If not ----  "I want to talk to a Lawyer" Period.   Hes going to tell you not to talk to them.I guarantee you.
Any talking further limits what Mr Atty. can do. Then he has to work with that.
Most Everyone gets lots of packages, you admit to knowing what was coming- Your done.
Shut UP! SHut Up! Shut Up!  There, that's many tens of thousands  of $z of Free legal advice from
some damn good defence attorneys that buddies of mine have helped afford their flamboyant lifestyle.
Review Once more - "I Want to talk with an Attorney". "I've no desire to talk w/ you."
Da's decide charges in the end based on what the cops gather. Dont be generous.
The less they have to work w/ the better. Also if its noted you were silent- THey cant twist or,, Ahem...
accidentally misconstrue what you said.
You dont owe anyone words in the USA. Only a judge can compell that here.
Also, lying  can get you in more trouble than the crime many times, safest to let the Pros handle it.
There, tell it like it is,... "Hey your accusing me of somthing serious, " I want a Lawyer to look at the situation your talking about."  Dont Deny, dont Admit. Just like a politician- most of whom are Lawyers.

Very well explained and great examples.  This is very good advice.  Might not be a bad idea if you regularly get packages to have a good laywer in mind and your bail out procedure planned out.

Arnoldwanabe

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 06:09:50 AM »
Does anyone know if these packages wired with surveillance tell where the recipient is. ie.....picks up package and travels with it, then opens it in a new location. Or do they just signal that it has been opened?

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 08:56:55 AM »
Very well explained and great examples.  This is very good advice.  Might not be a bad idea if you regularly get packages to have a good lawyer in mind and your bail out procedure planned out.

I happen to have had a bunch of Lawyer customers over  the years. Also 1 a relative my age and his wife practice law. My Next door neighbor friend is a practicing atty too. Thats handy.

It Don't hurt anything to know a good Criminal Defence atty.  Ive never talked with an Atty that charged me for an initial consultation.  They are very good at charging for work though.

Iv seen a lot of guys slammed for various charges on const crews I've worked on or run over the years. One good bud charged with homicide. The guy that eventually was convicted looked just like the other, Real Big 300+lbs > 6ft.
THis incident particularly sucked. His family spent a small fortune. He'd a been looking at a capital conviction.
HE did not keep his mouth shut. He Thought the cops were trying to help prove him innocent. Oh boy. What a stupid costly mistake.
Defence attys have another saying  - "Many (Most) guys in prison, talked their way in."
Yes a cop might decide not to charge for something at times. But not @ the controlled delivery described. They have a lot invested there.
State Atty is the only one cutting deals. Not a cop. If you'd find yourself in that unfortunate situation, you'd definitely want the advice of a pro, or all their promises could be worthless. I'd believe, Basically a binding signed contract w/ the state atty, not some baloney from the cops.