Author Topic: "Merciless" Ray Mercer to fight Kimbo  (Read 6365 times)

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
"Merciless" Ray Mercer to fight Kimbo
« on: March 21, 2007, 12:25:24 PM »
Remember Ray Mercer (record 34-6-1)? He was an Olympic gold medalist and former heavyweight boxing champion.............yep THAT Ray Mercer. Well hes signed to fight against Kimbo on June 16th - in an MMA fight! Its gonna be 3 rounds and promoted on the Cage Fury Fighting Championships 5 (CFFC) card.

Problem is that Ray is gonna be 46 come fight time, and Kimbo could seriously hurt him if he doesnt gas quick. Hes too long in the tooth IMO to make an impact but a guy of his experience could easily land a KO blow on Kimbo. Good luck to him is all i can say, i saw what Bonjasky did to him. But then if you have seen his KO of Tommy Morrison youll see what he could still have.
Scouser on Tour

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
Re: "Merciless" Ray Mercer to fight Kimbo
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 01:09:36 PM »
Remember Ray Mercer (record 34-6-1)? He was an Olympic gold medalist and former heavyweight boxing champion.............yep THAT Ray Mercer. Well hes signed to fight against Kimbo on June 16th - in an MMA fight! Its gonna be 3 rounds and promoted on the Cage Fury Fighting Championships 5 (CFFC) card.

Problem is that Ray is gonna be 46 come fight time, and Kimbo could seriously hurt him if he doesnt gas quick. Hes too long in the tooth IMO to make an impact but a guy of his experience could easily land a KO blow on Kimbo. Good luck to him is all i can say, i saw what Bonjasky did to him. But then if you have seen his KO of Tommy Morrison youll see what he could still have.

I guess we will see how good Kimbo is with TDs, and his GNP.  Mercer has a helluva jab. 

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 02:34:16 PM »
Mercer has been training for a while in kickboxing, and he did fight in K-1 a few years back too.  Kimbo really isn't exactly a ground wizard himself, although he does train on/off with American Top Team.  Hopefully Kimbo is stubborn and keeps it on the feet, I want to see him get  dropped at least once.
Predictions
 40/61

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 02:35:27 PM »
Here's what Ray did to Tommy boy...

Sorry for the quality

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 08:39:13 PM »
ray will kill him

E
E

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 10:27:47 PM »
Mercer has been training for a while in kickboxing, and he did fight in K-1 a few years back too.  Kimbo really isn't exactly a ground wizard himself, although he does train on/off with American Top Team.  Hopefully Kimbo is stubborn and keeps it on the feet, I want to see him get  dropped at least once.

I thought he was training with Marcos Avellan at FFA. 

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 10:19:21 AM »
Here's what Ray did to Tommy boy...

Sorry for the quality

now thats what im talking about! Hell of a KO, he was a very good puncher at his best regardless of the opposition - although Morrison wasnt exactly a pushover.

If he drops Kimbo early with a solid hook how do you think Kimbo will react? He will be wanting to trade with someone who has superior hand skills, and if he lands the first good hit then it could be fight over there and then. If its him thats put on his arse well then fight on gents!

Kimbo by TKO (i hope im wrong)
Scouser on Tour

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 10:25:56 AM »
now thats what im talking about! Hell of a KO, he was a very good puncher at his best regardless of the opposition - although Morrison wasnt exactly a pushover.

If he drops Kimbo early with a solid hook how do you think Kimbo will react? He will be wanting to trade with someone who has superior hand skills, and if he lands the first good hit then it could be fight over there and then. If its him thats put on his arse well then fight on gents!

Kimbo by TKO (i hope im wrong)

I think Ray will enforce the jab and confuse Kimbo with his power but at close to 50yrs old I could be very wrong.  Get your popcorn ready cause this will be entertaining! ;D

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 11:46:00 AM »
Ray is no Bum, but he is getting pretty damn old... Kimbo is a bum the guy only fights were he is favored at odds of 20 to 1... I would love to see him fight someone with some actual training. But i doubt we will ever see that. I'm not saying that Ray wont put up a fight, but like mentioned above the guy is almost 50.. For christ sakes Kimbo fight someone who you arent guranteed to win.. I would love to see his ass step in the ring with someone like Tito or Randy or anyone who would put that fool out for good. I hope one of these fights he gets his face crushed. He isnt that great of a fighter and he throws way to many looping punches. Total haymaker swinger..

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 11:59:19 AM »
Ray is no Bum, but he is getting pretty damn old... Kimbo is a bum the guy only fights were he is favored at odds of 20 to 1... I would love to see him fight someone with some actual training. But i doubt we will ever see that. I'm not saying that Ray wont put up a fight, but like mentioned above the guy is almost 50.. For christ sakes Kimbo fight someone who you arent guranteed to win.. I would love to see his ass step in the ring with someone like Tito or Randy or anyone who would put that fool out for good. I hope one of these fights he gets his face crushed. He isnt that great of a fighter and he throws way to many looping punches. Total haymaker swinger..

I agree but I hope Kimbo wins just so he can get his confidence up to fight a real fighter so he can get smashed!  If he losses to Ray he'll go back to fighting bums!

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 12:12:34 PM »
I agree but I hope Kimbo wins just so he can get his confidence up to fight a real fighter so he can get smashed!  If he losses to Ray he'll go back to fighting bums!

Good point... I'm with you lets hope he does win and then he challanges someone who will crush his orbital socket.. I cant stand the gang of boogies he has either.. Id love to see Kimbo get his face crushed so he never fights again. It just pisses me off that he thinks he's so bad. Hey I guess it makes you tough to do nothing but work out all day and then go beat the shit out of Fat dudes who work in a shitty job and have never thrown a punch before in their life. The guy is a joke... I cant wait to see the day Kimbo is destroyed... Shit if he was a good fighter he would be in the ring...

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 12:20:02 PM »
i would like to see a Tank Abbot vs Kimbo fight!!! but i think Tank its a little old now... :-\
!

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 12:39:30 PM »
i would like to see a Tank Abbot vs Kimbo fight!!! but i think Tank its a little old now... :-\

Yeah tank is to old... Now back in the day tank wouldve killed Kimbo

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2007, 01:26:13 PM »
Yeah tank is to old... Now back in the day tank wouldve killed Kimbo

How about Cabbage and Kimbo? ;D ;D ;D

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2007, 01:33:45 PM »
Marvin Eastman would match up well against Kimbo IMO. He may be smaller but his hand skills are still good enough to give him a decent fight  ;D

1 on 1 with Chuck, pay the guy $100,000 if need be. The PPV buy-out would more than cover that! I just want to se him sleeping on his back after a brutal KO
Scouser on Tour

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 02:38:39 PM »
I thought he was training with Marcos Avellan at FFA. 

He isn't officially with Att, but he does train with them from time to time, and I know he was working alot with Charles Mcarthy on his ground game. 
Predictions
 40/61

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 03:01:23 PM »
He isn't officially with Att, but he does train with them from time to time, and I know he was working alot with Charles Mcarthy on his ground game. 

He needs to work on everything.... The first thing he needs to do is learn how to throw a punch correctly or he will be destroyed in the ring. Oh yeah and he needs to learn how to defend a kick, oh and how to fight without all his crew breaking the fight up when hes getting his ass beat......

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 03:02:51 PM »
I'd much rather train with Ricardo Liborio than Chainsaw.  From Boca (Chainsaw's school), it isn't much of a drive to go to Ricardo's school. 

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2007, 05:43:59 PM »
This fight is a joke. Mercer is an old man, and Kimbo is overrated based on the fact he destroyed a few local guys. This match has no significance but would be fun to watch. Is it going to be televised? Hopefully Mercer wins.

Didn't Kimbo get his ass kick already by some no name MMA guy?
Don't let em fool ya

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2007, 06:08:37 PM »
I remember that fight it was sweet! Would be interesting but I think Kimbo will fare better agangst normal joe blows plus kimbo gasses sooo easy.
P

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2007, 06:46:44 PM »
Sean Gannon.  Who promptly lost to Brandon Lee Hinkle.  At least Gannon got a fight in the UFC as a result of the notoriety he garnered by beating Kimbo. 

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2007, 05:15:13 AM »
how about kimbo vs Tyson????  ;D ;D ;D
!

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2007, 08:20:02 PM »
1 round ko in 1st 5 sec :)
P

dirtysanchez

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2007, 11:27:22 PM »
The fight has some appeal, but I'm not really looking forward to it

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2007, 09:59:38 AM »
how about kimbo vs Tyson????  ;D ;D ;D

Kimbo losses by KO while he is carted away from having his whole face crushed in by Tyson cutting inside and throwing his right hook that Kimbo so weekly trys to copy.....