Author Topic: steroid lifting routine  (Read 1662 times)

clayton green

• Getbig II
steroid lifting routine
« on: March 21, 2007, 05:15:25 PM »
I have just started my first cycle of sustonan and wanted a recommendation on training routine while on the cycle.

thanks

biggabriel

• Getbig II
Re: steroid lifting routine
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 05:41:41 PM »
If you have had good gains to get where u r right now don't change anything just because you've started taking gravy.
Your recovery will be better so maybe you can increase your frequency/volume a little, but don't forget you can still overtrain while on the juice.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 05:44:08 PM »
The same type routine you used to build your base, before you started juice.  Should really not change much, just be careful as your new found strength comes on faster than your tendons and connective tissue do.  Keep the form good and warm up enough.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 02:05:36 AM »
The same type routine you used to build your base, before you started juice.  Should really not change much, just be careful as your new found strength comes on faster than your tendons and connective tissue do.  Keep the form good and warm up enough.

I'll 2nd that. Big fast strength gains must be respected. I'd compare it a bit to stuffing a fresh hot engine in a
older car, you'll find a weak link if you push it too hard.  Resist the initial temptation to get crazy w/ plate.
Same thing when I got a 1st bench shirt. Increase weight load too fast and you find a weak spot.
Cant train hurt.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 12:07:01 PM »
If you have had good gains to get where u r right now don't change anything just because you've started taking gravy.
Your recovery will be better so maybe you can increase your frequency/volume a little, but don't forget you can still overtrain while on the juice.

I don't really believe this.. the whole goal is to push harder on gear.. I mean yeah, if you train for 4-5 hours a day..but realistically I don't think so.. you should be training twice as hard and as long as you do naturally.

TheSnow6666

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 02:00:29 AM »
I'd disagree on that.  I have watched Coleman, Cutler and Nasser work out in person during contest prep.

These guys are in and out of the gym in 45 minutes.  Cutler has been known to limit the lifting portion of his workout to 35 minutes at times.

When you say you should work out twice as hard as you do while your off, then your off-cycle workouts are shit, excuse my french.  For our purposes, we should be pushing ourselves to the limit regardless of if we're juicing or not at the time. 

The only part I personally change, is when I'm on, I'll go very heavy and maybe do 6-8 reps instead of 8-10 to compensate for the increase in weight.  If I am not on cycle, and my muscles aren't going to recover as fast, I do less weight and more reps simply because I want to go into every workout able to do my max potential, and with me, I don't recover very quickly from heavy weights when I'm off.

So when I'm on, I'll go a bit heavier because I know I'll recover.  But again, less reps, I'm always putting out 100% regardless.

But for the guy who posted this, I'll try to give you an answer to your question, although it's really up to you to find what works.  This is just an example of how I break it down:

Day 1:  Chest  (Incline Barball, flat dumbell press, incline dumbell press, cable flyes)
Finish it off with 3-6 sets of tri's with skull crushers and push downs

Day 2:  Back (Lat Pull Downs, Seated cable row, upright barbell row, dumbell bent over rows.) Finish up with preechers and hammer curls

Day 3:  Legs (Squat, leg press, leg ext, leg curl, calfs)

Day 4:  Shoulders/Traps (Dumbell press, lat raises, posterior exercise, front raises, shrugs)

Day 5:  Off  but I may come in and do calves again with my cardio

I try to do 4 days of Abs a week.  2 of them weighted.  I'll do crunches with a 70lb dumbell on my chest, 45lb obliques, some ropes.  The other 2 days just high reps shit on them.

Everything gets hit twice within a 7 day period.  Plenty of time for rest.  No burnout because you get a day off, etc.

Cutler goes 2 on, 1 off.  Find your niche.

clayton green

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 05:09:28 AM »
Thanks for all the advice.  Although I have over 20 years lifting experience, this would be my first cycle and I wanted to maximize my gains.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 12:29:55 PM »
Got to take your own body into account. Steroid will generaly run strength and recovery up in most everyone. Increase appetite, and sex drive. Not everyone can lift like a IFBB pro, or throw stuff around like Prof strongman,  but you will be able to push harder that is for sure. Eat a lot if your not fat.
Spend heavy on good beef.  Get all you can  out of it, 1st time is usually best. 

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 03:48:07 PM »
If you decide to use AAS it should be after you've gained a firm grip on the really important aspects, i.e. training, nutrition, and rest. After that, continue doing what you're already doing correctly, then and only then will AAS truly help you.