Author Topic: some clarifications about the the Wrecking Crew  (Read 10355 times)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
some clarifications about the the Wrecking Crew
« on: March 22, 2007, 10:25:40 AM »
there seems to be a lot of BS being thrown around concerning the wrecking crew and i feel like clearing the air. if any of the other members want to add some shit or correct/clarify what i'm saying please do.

1) we are not another "squad". the whole reason the wrecking crew formed was we got sick of this whole circle-jerk "hahahaha i owned you" mentality, so to suggest that we're some kind of squad2.0 that plans on battling with them in an "owning" contest is just stupid. to make it plain: the crew does not exist simply to fight the "squad".

2) settle the hell down. within an hour of the formation of the crew we were getting PMs and messages claiming that there was a "mole" in the crew. listen guys, we're not the military writing up secret invasion plans in navajo to get it past the krauts. you can't be a "mole" if there's nothing secret to get. so whoever's trying to cause friction, you're barkin' up the wrong tree.

3) i don't give a shit about "owning". this one might be just me, but i don't give a good god damn about "owning" people. besides, an "owning" isn't just a post that calls someone gay over the course of 600 words. if that's your thing, go for it, but it sure as hell ain't mine.

4) anti-squad does not mean pro-crew and vice versa. again, like number 1, we're not playing that game. if you hate the squad with a passion, good for you, but that doesn't give you some kind of express pass to get into the crew.

5) new members are subject to a vote by the crew. since we don't have a "leader" there's no one person who can just say "all right so-and-so is in." believe me, we had a number of people who were considered but didn't have enough support from the rest. bare minimum you need a majority of the members to support you.

that's just a few for starters, if you guys want me to start building up "the book of crew" or some shit start adding it to the thread and i'll put it on the main list.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: some clarifications about the the Wrecking Crew
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 10:34:36 AM »
Not a damn thing wrong with changin shit up.........things run their course and need new life........hopefully the wrecking crew will jumpstart Getbig again.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 10:43:05 AM »
we're already causing ripples. i noticed the entire hierarchy of the squad is already defunct and they're back to the regular old "we're all members" configuration.

but like i said, we're not just here to wage a war of the alphabet boards. we're going to be moving on up to the east side soon enough.  ;D

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 10:50:48 AM »
we're already causing ripples. i noticed the entire hierarchy of the squad is already defunct and they're back to the regular old "we're all members" configuration.

but like i said, we're not just here to wage a war of the alphabet boards. we're going to be moving on up to the east side soon enough.  ;D

I like it.....as I posted on the V "owning will always be owning", but Getbig has stalled out and has needed to be more well-rounded.......I believe in changing shit up and I think the Wrecking Crew may help both balance out and jumpstart everything.   Hey, it's full of Squad legends, affilliates and Getbig power players.....I'm not seein a downside.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 10:52:51 AM »
I like it.....as I posted on the V "owning will always be owning", but Getbig has stalled out and has needed to be more well-rounded.......I believe in changing shit up and I think the Wrecking Crew may help both balance out and jumpstart everything.   Hey, it's full of Squad legends, affilliates and Getbig power players.....I'm not seein a downside.

that's basically it. shit stagnated and it started to get old as hell. if we can get some fresh blood pumping then we've accomplished at least one of our goals.  8)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 10:58:24 AM »
that's basically it. shit stagnated and it started to get old as hell. if we can get some fresh blood pumping then we've accomplished at least one of our goals.  8)

It's funny how everything changed suddenly, but most Squad members were feeling it I think.....I'm definitely one that was.   I'm basically taking an extended vacation from all the drama....got waaaay too much at the end and SSBG summed up my feelings well when he basically said, "this is lame...later I'm out" LOL!!  Hey, I've had fun in the Squad, but the Crew is made up of former Squad members and affiliates so it's all good too.

I just needed a fvckin break LOL!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 11:02:48 AM »

you said it all right there, my man! sometimes you just need to back up for a moment and take a look at shit and go "what the HELL is this?" lol

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 11:05:22 AM »
you said it all right there, my man! sometimes you just need to back up for a moment and take a look at shit and go "what the HELL is this?" lol

AHAHAAHAHAH!!!  Exactly.........just let me know when the Crew posts Jessica Alba ass shots LOL!!!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 11:07:26 AM »
AHAHAAHAHAH!!!  Exactly.........just let me know when the Crew posts Jessica Alba ass shots LOL!!!

i think we might be able to handle that.  ;D

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 11:08:31 AM »
there seems to be a lot of BS being thrown around concerning the wrecking crew and i feel like clearing the air. if any of the other members want to add some shit or correct/clarify what i'm saying please do.

1) we are not another "squad". the whole reason the wrecking crew formed was we got sick of this whole circle-jerk "hahahaha i owned you" mentality, so to suggest that we're some kind of squad2.0 that plans on battling with them in an "owning" contest is just stupid.

2) settle the hell down. within an hour of the formation of the crew we were getting PMs and messages claiming that there was a "mole" in the crew. listen guys, we're not the military writing up secret invasion plans in navajo to get it past the krauts. you can't be a "mole" if there's nothing secret to get. so whoever's trying to cause friction, you're barkin' up the wrong tree.

3) i don't give a shit about "owning". this one might be just me, but i don't give a good god damn about "owning" people. besides, an "owning" isn't just a post that calls someone gay over the course of 600 words. if that's your thing, go for it, but it sure as hell ain't mine.

4) anti-squad does not mean pro-crew and vice versa. again, like number 1, we're not playing that game. if you hate the squad with a passion, good for you, but that doesn't give you some kind of express pass to get into the crew.

5) new members are subject to a vote by the crew. since we don't have a "leader" there's no one person who can just say "all right so-and-so is in." believe me, we had a number of people who were considered but didn't have enough support from the rest. bare minimum you need a majority of the members to support you.

that's just a few for starters, if you guys want me to start building up "the book of crew" or some shit start adding it to the thread and i'll put it on the main list.

Great post mate. I love reading your posts cause you're very logical and organised - you remind me of myself ;D (j/k). I support the Crew 100% cause as far as I know, all it's members are people I get along with very well, not to mention it's got some legends like the Superstar himself 8)

I still don't get what the sole aim of the Crew is. For example, the sole purpose of the SQUAD is to flame and crucify tiny tits. I realise that a lot of people don't find it funny and you're obviously one of them, but we can't and won't let that stop us. There's quite a few of us who enjoy that kind of humor, not to mention that for people like me, this is one of the few outlets where I can indulge that aspect of my sense of humor. I do get tons of PMs from people who say they get a good laugh out of my posts (and the SQUAD's), so I know I'm not alone in that regard.

I look forward to see what the Crew is going to do and am here to say that you guys are and will always be most welcome to post in the V. Hopefully, the people who left the SQUAD, esp. Superstar won't stay away from the V - it would be such a shame if he does cause I'm one of those people who love reading his posts which are very uniquely 'Superstar'.

Good luck to the Crew. Kick ass 8)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 11:13:02 AM »
the crew, as far as i'm concerned and from chatting with the rest, does not have a goal so much as a common mindset. we'll start to whittle things down as this thread develops and other members chime in, but for now my point was to clarify that we didn't form just to "wage war against the squad", which seems to be a common misconception.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 11:18:13 AM »
Kiwi's got the right attitude.    8)

I'm looking forward to seeing how this unfolds.

:)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 03:19:44 PM »
we'll definitely be making it interesting, don't you worry.  ;D

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2007, 10:16:48 AM »
since there is no leader in TWC I'd like to formally request that TWC uses it's powers to convince Ron that certain accounts at GB need to be done away with.  I won't name names but obviously certain people are here to cause trouble.  I have nothing againts someone flaming me or anyone else, I've been in enough brawls here, I know how it works but when a "guy" has over 1000 posts and has contributed nothing but insults or has just been a downright piece of trash they need to go.  I come here to be entertained and talk about BB not fight with endless gimmick accounts about everything under the sun all the time.

Just a suggestion, I think people know who I'm talking about.  If you dont' PM me and I'll name names.
nasser=piece of shit

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2007, 11:11:00 AM »
well, no promises but i'm sure we can come to some kind of arrangement.  ;D

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2007, 02:56:23 PM »
It's funny how everything changed suddenly, but most Squad members were feeling it I think.....I'm definitely one that was.   I'm basically taking an extended vacation from all the drama....got waaaay too much at the end and SSBG summed up my feelings well when he basically said, "this is lame...later I'm out" LOL!!  Hey, I've had fun in the Squad, but the Crew is made up of former Squad members and affiliates so it's all good too.

Shit.....I "quit" 6 months ago because it was sooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo fucking repetitive. I would pop my head in now and again when things were hoppin' but even that was played.

Thing is, the more time i spend on this board I get to "know" people better and quite frankly....i'd rather just shoot the shit than constantly have to own the shit out of people to prove my online superiority. Not that you shoudn't put an asshole in his place, but it shouldn't be the end-all and be-all of things.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2007, 03:10:49 PM »
that sounds like a wrecking crew attitude, groink.  8)

edit: haha i didn't realize you were officially put on the roster. welcome aboard big man. damn glad to have ya.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2007, 03:29:13 PM »

1) we are not another "squad". the whole reason the wrecking crew formed was we got sick of this whole circle-jerk "hahahaha i owned you" mentality, so to suggest that we're some kind of squad2.0 that plans on battling with them in an "owning" contest is just stupid.

It is about damn time...I was getting fed up with all the shit from 'heckler', 'shadow', adam, 'buttsuck' and finally someone revealed sarcasm for all the shit he has talked over the years...
You Can't Do It!!!

Alex23

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2007, 03:45:27 PM »
Shit.....I "quit" 6 months ago because it was sooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo fucking repetitive. I would pop my head in now and again when things were hoppin' but even that was played.

Thing is, the more time i spend on this board I get to "know" people better and quite frankly....i'd rather just shoot the shit than constantly have to own the shit out of people to prove my online superiority. Not that you shoudn't put an asshole in his place, but it shouldn't be the end-all and be-all of things.

Goink man, that was exactly my point; can't bash on people just to bash; eventually karma comes around ;)

Allways looked up to ya since we pushed Adonis' into his 4weeks meltdown after the getbig.

Hopep ya stick with us bigman~~!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2007, 04:09:30 PM »
the board needed to grow up, that's where we came in. when a driving force on a message board is kids who take pride in calling each other gay, we need a little shake-up. we're sure as hell not going to be pulling crap like that.

Alex23

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2007, 06:19:51 PM »
the board needed to grow up, that's where we came in. when a driving force on a message board is kids who take pride in calling each other gay, we need a little shake-up. we're sure as hell not going to be pulling crap like that.

Right on. Been preaching that for months ;D

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2007, 06:20:45 PM »

took the words right out of my mouth big man.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2007, 06:54:58 PM »

Small Fucking world...well put. Similar choice myself. To much of the same thing sounds like a job not a place to chill and have fun.

NJ_Slinky

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2007, 07:35:47 PM »
Wrecking crew my ass, most of your members will be changing urinal mints before summer.  I've seen a janitor's union with more clout.

bristle - buffing wheel

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2007, 02:31:39 AM »
Wrecking crew my ass, most of your members will be changing urinal mints before summer.  I've seen a janitor's union with more clout.

bristle - buffing wheel
hahahahahhaah dude you should find a pic mocking both the squad and the wrecking crew and then put it on your sig..lol
RATM RULZ THE WORLD