Author Topic: blood diamond  (Read 1114 times)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
blood diamond
« on: March 22, 2007, 04:37:37 PM »
great fucking movie,"the departed" sucks balls in comparison to  "blood diamond"

bench

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: blood diamond
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 08:24:10 PM »
Blood Diamond was amazing. I was very impressed with DiCaprio.

I thought he was incredible in "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?" and amazing in "The Basketball Diaries",
but I haven't been much impressed with any of his other work... but blood diamond was incredible.

I actually believed he was from Rhodesia. I don't know if his accent would have gotten by a native speaker,
but it sure convinced me. Djimon Hounsou was very good as well, but I kept seeing Cinqué from "Amistad"
w

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 09:21:53 PM »
Blood Diamond was amazing. I was very impressed with DiCaprio.

I thought he was incredible in "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?" and amazing in "The Basketball Diaries",
but I haven't been much impressed with any of his other work... but blood diamond was incredible.

I actually believed he was from Rhodesia. I don't know if his accent would have gotten by a native speaker,
but it sure convinced me. Djimon Hounsou was very good as well, but I kept seeing Cinqué from "Amistad"
i disagree leo is my favorite actor,and as gay as it sounds i think he is a good role model for younger people.i mean you have all these young famous people drinking,doing drugs,getting arrested,and breaking out of rehab and then there is leo who keeps a low profile,makes great movies,and shits oscars

the only one of his movies i really didnt like was titanic,i mean it is hard for me to get into a movie thats 4 hours and is all about a sinking boat.although he did play his part in titanic better than anyone else could have

bench

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 10:10:10 PM »
i disagree leo is my favorite actor,and as gay as it sounds i think he is a good role model for younger people.i mean you have all these young famous people drinking,doing drugs,getting arrested,and breaking out of rehab and then there is leo who keeps a low profile,makes great movies,and shits oscars

the only one of his movies i really didnt like was titanic,i mean it is hard for me to get into a movie thats 4 hours and is all about a sinking boat.although he did play his part in titanic better than anyone else could have

bench

You disagree? ??? With what are you disagreeing? Sounds to me like we're pretty much in agreement.

When I said I wasn't impressed with his work, I was refering to his work, ...not his party habits.

I wasn't too fond of Titanic either, ...but it was far better than that very forgettable "Beach" monstrosity movie

ps - I don't think he's won an Oscar ...yet  :-\
w

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 10:20:25 PM »
i was diagreeing about the acting but i got distracted by hot-wings,sorry about that ;D

but the only two movies i really didnt like were the beach(i forgot all about it until you mentioned it..thanx),and titanic and i thought he did very well in that movie i just wasnt a fan of the movie itself

as far as his other movies go gangs of newyork,the aviator(i am the next howard hughes)i thought were great

and as oscars go again i was distracted by hot-wings...sorry,i meant the movies he was in and nominations.hell i think i only own 1 or 2 of his movies were the cover doesnt say something about it being oscar nominated

again sorry for the confusion,i hope i clarified what the f..k i was trying to say ;D

bench