Author Topic: Review of Justin Harris' DVD "Project Superheavyweight" + LOTS of pics.  (Read 7404 times)

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
Re: Review of Justin Harris' DVD "Project Superheavyweight" + LOTS of pics.
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2007, 12:03:42 PM »

Simply Amazing!

This is a fkn guy who trains like a BEAST greater than anything the writers at Universal Nutrition(ANIMAL line) can ever conure up in a fictional sense.

Justin. Sir. I was looking for you at the ASC...everytime I went by the ON booth you were nowhere in sight. Did you make it out to Columbus?
?

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2007, 12:09:03 PM »
Simply Amazing!

This is a fkn guy who trains like a BEAST greater than anything the writers at Universal Nutrition(ANIMAL line) can ever conure up in a fictional sense.

Justin. Sir. I was looking for you at the ASC...everytime I went by the ON booth you were nowhere in sight. Did you make it out to Columbus?

I asked him the same thing.  he said he was at the booth CEna was at which was totally mobbed so I didnt' see him either.

I'm really looking forward to picking up this video.
nasser=piece of shit

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2007, 12:31:35 PM »
Simply Amazing!

I saw him there. but the line for his booth was loooong.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2007, 01:02:36 PM »
a
Bodybuilding Pro.com

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2007, 01:50:20 PM »
I like this DVD a lot.............(it's good to see 2 "regular guys" dressed in t-shirt and sweatpants
VS the spandex clad fanny-bag wearing guys)

just grinding it out/lifting heavy weights with good form

troponin

• Getbig III
  • www.troponinnutrition.com
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2007, 05:27:55 AM »
I was thinking the same thing in fact.  But my understanding from the DVD was that Justin wasn't exactly sure what caused the bleeding.  It may have been cut earlier and started bleeding again due to some physical aggravation which broke the skin or may have been due to blood pressure.

Markus Ruhl's nose started bleeding like crazy during one workout and he said it was due to a nasal spray he had overused.  Ryan Kennelly's EYES started bleeding during a lift in Chris Mason's "Road to the Arnold" DVD.  :-X

If it was from a broken blood vessel, it would be from the blood pressure during the lift.  Nothing you can do about that, your blood pressure is going to go up when you're training heavy.
But, with two little kids, and a wife, I do take care of myself with check ups.  I work in a hospital, so I have full access to anything I need.
I get blood work ever 3-6 months (just have to walk over to the lab), and I perform echocardiograms and ECG's on myself from time to time. 

It is my belief that blood pressure is the biggest nemesis to bodybuilders.  Blood pressure is something that can EASILY be controlled, and is likely the cause of many of the problems bbers have, health wise. 
Blood pressure can be controlled easily through diet changes, or medications......if the hypertension causes kidney failure....that cannot be controlled.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2007, 05:30:12 AM »
Simply Amazing!

I was at the ABB booth (the ON and ABB booths were together) all weekend.  They signed George Farrah, and he was at the ON booth all weekend, so I don't know if the ABB booth work will be permanent or not.   The booths are together at all the shows, just different lines from the same company. 

www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2007, 05:46:33 AM »
Definitely - in the nutrition disc.  I will be reviewing that and adding it to the review shortly.  It is one hour and goes in to great detail.  Troponin is one smart cookie.  I get the sense he actually knows what he's talking about beyond just the surface level.  If you want to learn new things, the second disc is where its.  After reading about bodybuilding for a while now, I don't find myself learning too much in training DVDs, but there was some detailed nutrition info in this 2-disc set.

Thanks for the fair answer Matt. Can the nutrition DVD be purchased aside from the Training DVD?

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2007, 08:10:31 AM »
Thanks for the fair answer Matt. Can the nutrition DVD be purchased aside from the Training DVD?

No, it's a bonus. But trust me on this one, both discs are worth it, and the price is negligible for the quality of the product!!!

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2007, 09:55:48 AM »
No, it's a bonus. But trust me on this one, both discs are worth it, and the price is negligible for the quality of the product!!!

we were toying with the idea of selling them both as separate DVDs.  But, I figured that I wouldn't be happy if I spent $40 on a 1 hour DVD, so we're throwing the Nutrition DVD in FREE with the training DVDs. 

It is my first DVD, so I really want to make sure people are getting their money's worth.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
i wanted to bump this thread. i just got his DVD yesterday and i must say it is one of best training and nutrition DVDs i've seen. both guys are strong as hell with perfect form and everything justin says makes sense. i will be trying DC training after watching this DVD and his nutrition advice is very sound as well. Worth every penny...we need more laid back guys in this industry that train hard and show some intelligence.

8)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
i wanted to bump this thread. i just got his DVD yesterday and i must say it is one of best training and nutrition DVDs i've seen. both guys are strong as hell with perfect form and everything justin says makes sense. i will be trying DC training after watching this DVD and his nutrition advice is very sound as well. Worth every penny...we need more laid back guys in this industry that train hard and show some intelligence.

8)

Hopefully I still have the second disc (nutrition) in my room and I will get the review of it up shortly!

I decided that I will continue to review DVDs, but not take pictures from the DVD, or not take nearly as many, or only take them upon request.  Reviewing the DVDs doesn't take long, but it does take me a while to get the pictures from the DVD, format them, etc.
Bodybuilding Pro.com