Author Topic: Husband rips wife's eyes out after she refuses sex  (Read 7004 times)

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
Re: Husband rips wife's eyes out after she refuses sex
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2007, 06:26:57 AM »
The bitch got off lightly.

haha exactly

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2007, 06:31:27 AM »
We really can't impose western (what we call modern) values on the world. If US fundamentalists were in charge similar things would happen here.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2007, 07:03:30 AM »
We really can't impose western (what we call modern) values on the world. If US fundamentalists were in charge similar things would happen here.

Are you mildly retarded? This happened in France. One of the countries that pushed western values.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2007, 10:10:46 AM »

This isn't about imposing western values, this is about imposing laws.

The law says you can't do that... Simple.

If I'm in Iran and someone abuses their wife, then I won't say shit about it... but this is NOT in Iran... plain and simple.

_Morrison_

• Getbig II
  • People age like milk.
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2007, 04:10:07 PM »
See: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21421664-401,00.html

Any justification of this in the koran (the INFALLIBLE [thus always 100% correct] word of god), why sure:

Sura 4:34: “Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in their sleeping places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.”

Fantastic!

I'm gonna go stick my finger down my throught and vomit my guts out until I forget I ever read anything so freakin' stupid. (The Quoran segment, not your post.)
They do.

_Morrison_

• Getbig II
  • People age like milk.
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2007, 04:13:12 PM »
This isn't about imposing western values, this is about imposing laws.

The law says you can't do that... Simple.

If I'm in Iran and someone abuses their wife, then I won't say shit about it... but this is NOT in Iran... plain and simple.

F*ck that.  If I see someone beating his wife ANYwhere, I'll kick his ass.  Plain and simple.

Why?  That's just F*cked up.
They do.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2007, 04:14:46 PM »
F*ck that.  If I see someone beating his wife ANYwhere, I'll kick his ass.  Plain and simple.

Why?  That's just F*cked up.

I agree, but in certain countries, that's the way it is... You would probably get your ass handed to you by an angry mob.

She is his property... you have no say in it. Like a guy kicking his own car...

_Morrison_

• Getbig II
  • People age like milk.
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2007, 04:17:55 PM »
I agree, but in certain countries, that's the way it is... You would probably get your ass handed to you by an angry mob.

She is his property... you have no say in it. Like a guy kicking his own car...

Well excuse me for thinking of a human being as anything but someone's "property".
They do.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2007, 04:20:52 PM »
Well excuse me for thinking of a human being as anything but someone's "property".

If you were born and raised in those countries, you would not... That's the point I'm trying to make.

It's about where you live... If they are living in a country where a woman is not property,(and they do not) his ass should get beat down...

I don't agree with it, nor condone it, but these are learned traits... no one is born believing it's ok to treat another person as property. You are taught it.

If  you were born in one of these places, you may think the same way. You are fortunate you were born elsewhere (or at least raised elsewhere).

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2007, 04:21:59 PM »
"Guarding the unseen" is an interesting line. Wonder if it has anything to do with their mode of dress.

Are you mildly retarded? This happened in France. One of the countries that pushed western values.

If that's against French law he should be jailed.

That's not the point. We always, always..... always judge people/situations by our 'modern' standards and perspective. Anything that doesn't fit, make sense or comply with our values is always wrong. I'm not justifying barbaric practices like female circuncision only that we can't tell the whole world what to do, especially since our values change every 15 minutes in America.

The same country that nuked the japanese, put japanese in camps, enslaved blacks, indentured Irish immigrants into servitude, injected black men with syphilis, etc... really isn't in a position to tell other countries/people what to think. We just can't seem to see or remember any of our barbarism.

_Morrison_

• Getbig II
  • People age like milk.
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2007, 04:33:45 PM »
If you were born and raised in those countries, you would not... That's the point I'm trying to make.

It's about where you live... If they are living in a country where a woman is not property, his ass should get beat down... If they are living in a country where she is... it's legal and normal.

I don't agree with it, nor condone it, but these are learned traits... no one is born believing it's ok to treat another person as property. You are taught it.

If  you were born in one of these places, you may think the same way. You are fortunate you were born elsewhere (or at least raised elsewhere).

I wasn't really talking about that.  What I meant was that if I saw something like that happening anywhere (assuming I still am who I am right now) that's what I would do.

The angry mob part or the legality issue doesn't really matter to me.  It's a matter of morality.  If I were to be visiting a country like this, say like Pakistan or somewhere, and saw a similar act, My inner morality would probably force me to intervene.  (Through ass-kicking or otherwise, but you get the idea.)  I'm not really one of those people who can just sit back and think, "Hm... I could help, but I don't want to get involved," or, "It's legal here and she's technically his property."  F*ck technicallities.  Inflicting pain upon another human being is wrong no matter how you look at it, and trying to justify it wont make it any less wrong.

Don't get me wrong, though.  I do see your argument, but all that does is give that person a valid reason to do something as horrible as permant blinding.  And it doesn't matter if they believe it's alright.  There is *no* valid argument that they could sustain regarding the justification of beating ANYbody.  And I'm sure I would believe it if I were raised there, but I wasn't, so that's irrelevant.
They do.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2007, 06:34:05 PM »
Why are they expected to have the same morality as us?

_Morrison_

• Getbig II
  • People age like milk.
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2007, 06:54:37 PM »
Why are they expected to have the same morality as us?

I dont expect them to, and they shouldn't be.  That wouldn't stop me from taking action against it, and it shouldn't.  Think about it this way, just because it's a law or that's what the majority practices, does that make it okay in that area or anywhere else in the world?  No. 

Again, it doesn't matter what they believe or were taught.  That does not make it okay, or even the slightest bit acceptable.
They do.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2007, 07:36:50 PM »
I dont expect them to, and they shouldn't be.  That wouldn't stop me from taking action against it, and it shouldn't.  Think about it this way, just because it's a law or that's what the majority practices, does that make it okay in that area or anywhere else in the world?  No. 

Again, it doesn't matter what they believe or were taught.  That does not make it okay, or even the slightest bit acceptable.
You're right. Human rights are independent of social ethical structures. A society that doesn't value it is obviously morally lacking.
follow the arrows

_Morrison_

• Getbig II
  • People age like milk.
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2007, 08:54:58 PM »
You're right. Human rights are independent of social ethical structures. A society that doesn't value it is obviously morally lacking.

thank you, someone finally gets it
They do.

_Morrison_

• Getbig II
  • People age like milk.
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2007, 09:07:00 PM »
"Guarding the unseen" is an interesting line. Wonder if it has anything to do with their mode of dress.

If that's against French law he should be jailed.

That's not the point. We always, always..... always judge people/situations by our 'modern' standards and perspective. Anything that doesn't fit, make sense or comply with our values is always wrong. I'm not justifying barbaric practices like female circuncision only that we can't tell the whole world what to do, especially since our values change every 15 minutes in America.

The same country that nuked the japanese, put japanese in camps, enslaved blacks, indentured Irish immigrants into servitude, injected black men with syphilis, etc... really isn't in a position to tell other countries/people what to think. We just can't seem to see or remember any of our barbarism.

You've got a point. We can't tell individual countries or cultures what to make laws of or practice, but we can tell individual people ourselves, unless it's obviously morally wrong.  Like female circumcision if it's against her or the mother's will, or gouging your wife's eyes out just because the kitchen was closed (so to speak). 

And you're also right, countries cannot tell other countries what to do because all countries have skeletons inside their closets, but I have a relatively clean conscience, so I'm gonna stand by my opinion and say something about things like this.  If you just hide behind your country's flag of shame as an excuse to not say anything toward what is blantantly wrong, then you're just a pussy.  That goes for EVERYone, and not just you, drkaje.
They do.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2007, 03:24:37 PM »
You've got a point. We can't tell individual countries or cultures what to make laws of or practice, but we can tell individual people ourselves, unless it's obviously morally wrong.  Like female circumcision if it's against her or the mother's will, or gouging your wife's eyes out just because the kitchen was closed (so to speak). 

And you're also right, countries cannot tell other countries what to do because all countries have skeletons inside their closets, but I have a relatively clean conscience, so I'm gonna stand by my opinion and say something about things like this.  If you just hide behind your country's flag of shame as an excuse to not say anything toward what is blantantly wrong, then you're just a pussy.  That goes for EVERYone, and not just you, drkaje.

As a culture, we don't really have a flag of shame. As the the world gets smaller value clashes of culture and morality are bound to happen. Whatever practices we consider moral failings of some group have very likely been going on for generations.

Our culture is so flexible and our morals tend to be whatever is politically expedient. Our flexibility doesn't extend to those unlike us or unwilling to Americanize.

I'm not condoning mistreating women, only saying that being American doesn't give us a right to dictate to the world.

People without oil or who are the wrong religion don't even exist to us at all.

okme

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2007, 04:10:09 PM »
Guy must've been horny as fuck.  :o

But seriously, what an animal.  >:(

_Morrison_

• Getbig II
  • People age like milk.
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2007, 04:48:31 PM »
As a culture, we don't really have a flag of shame. As the the world gets smaller value clashes of culture and morality are bound to happen. Whatever practices we consider moral failings of some group have very likely been going on for generations.

Our culture is so flexible and our morals tend to be whatever is politically expedient. Our flexibility doesn't extend to those unlike us or unwilling to Americanize.

I'm not condoning mistreating women, only saying that being American doesn't give us a right to dictate to the world.

People without oil or who are the wrong religion don't even exist to us at all.

I agree.  Being American doesn't give us the right to dictate what others do.  But the fact that both of us are human beings with thoughts and minds of our own gives us the ability and maybe even the right to stand up for the one getting shat on.  Race or religion has nothing to do with it.

And I'm not saying other countries need to Americanize, I'm only saying that I believe those kind of acts are wrong and need to be stopped, not publicly, but individually if one is confronted with the situation.  It's not about our laws or our way of life, it's about our individual moralities regarding the situation, and what you yourself would do if you saw something like that being committed anywhere in the world and you had the power to stop it.  The point I'm trying to make is that there's wrong and then there's acceptable.  Any kind of violence is straight up wrong no matter how you look at it, and we shouldn't (as a country) go to war or anything like that just because we don't like some of their laws, but individually, we have to stand for our beliefs if confronted with the situation.
They do.