Author Topic: Why is it a GROUP effort when PROS lift weights?  (Read 2882 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Why is it a GROUP effort when PROS lift weights?
« on: March 24, 2007, 01:19:36 PM »
Every Schmuck stands around,gets in a little "I`m ready to help stance", yelling the rep count, walking around with lat Syndrome, grabbing weights, patting backs and asses,celebrating while someone else lifts the weight.

Fucking strange if you ask me.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
Re: Why is it a GROUP effort when PROS lift weights?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 01:21:16 PM »

I agree...............you are.  ::)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 01:21:50 PM »
Every Schmuck stands around,gets in a little "I`m ready to help stance", yelling the rep count, walking around with lat Syndrome, grabbing weights, patting backs and asses,celebrating while someone else lifts the weight.

hahahahaha, exactly.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 01:22:37 PM »
Then they go around saying, "Today I lifted with (Insert Pro Bodybuilder name here)".  Soon that evolves into, that person proclaiming, "(insert Pro name here) is my training partner".

Then they start wearing clown pants and walk around like they are wearing diapers,Don`t take showers and proclaim themselves as "Hardcore".

Human nature is hillarious.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 01:47:45 PM »
Then they go around saying, "Today I lifted with (Insert Pro Bodybuilder name here)".  Soon that evolves into, that person proclaiming, "(insert Pro name here) is my training partner".

Then they start wearing clown pants and walk around like they are wearing diapers,Don`t take showers and proclaim themselves as "Hardcore".

Human nature is hillarious.

"calm down tiger, it is not that serious"

they are doing this for the 16y/o that buy the magazines and muscletech..you know this Adam
Here comes the money shot

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 02:19:26 PM »

You are right. Those training partners in training videos are ridiculous.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 03:08:54 PM »
like that brian guy at metroflex.. he gets into the football defense position and starts yelling

YA...YA...COMMON...YA... .AW YA

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 03:15:35 PM »
I'll agree with Adonis on this one.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 03:16:48 PM »
Troll accounts unite!
w

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 04:13:22 PM »

The bigger question is... WHY are you WATCHING the Pros Lift weights????

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 04:15:53 PM »
The problem's being on camera and overdoing everything. and the annoying clothes. Good to have training partners off-camera.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 04:16:22 PM »
I was watching this woman walking backwards on the treadmill the other day, and for some reason, it friggin' annoyed the hell out of me.   I also get a chuckle out the skinny kids at the gym who walk around like tank-top penguins with imaginary lats... every 2 minutes back and forth to the water fountain with their arms out looking like idiots, checking themselves in the mirror the entire way. 

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 04:16:41 PM »
Then they go around saying, "Today I lifted with (Insert Pro Bodybuilder name here)".  Soon that evolves into, that person proclaiming, "(insert Pro name here) is my training partner".

Next thing you know, that are calling themselves the pro's "manager" and naming their supplement store after him!   ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

BigAlski

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2007, 04:17:20 PM »
I think it is called cameraderie Adonis.  Maybe not your cup of tea, but hardly pathetic, hehe.  

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2007, 04:17:33 PM »
I think it is an ego problem, a serious one. Imagine how important they must think they are to cause such noise and annoyance in the gym over a set of barbell curls  ::)
follow the arrows

BigAlski

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2007, 04:46:35 PM »
Maybe I am guilty of this, hehe.  At least grunting which I do. 

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2007, 05:39:17 PM »

Who's that goofy guy training with Branch Warren in his video?

The one who shouldn't be wearing shorts and throws the weights all over the place....don't they know that's where Ronnie trains??  They should respect it like a holy temple ;)
just not good enough

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2007, 05:43:43 PM »
I agree, when anyone tries to do that while Im lifting i start laughing and have to put the weight down.

Me and a friend would do that just to make each other laugh. It is all way to serious. And plus when I am really using a heavy weight I need to concentrate completely.

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2007, 06:24:43 PM »

You're strange dude, not sure what really goes through your mind when you make all kinds of threads. When did you see some dude pat another dude's ass at the gym or in a BB video? Has anybody seen stuff like this that they pay attention to when they're at the gym or watch a BB video, or it's just me?
#

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2007, 07:28:20 PM »

Typical IMS (Imaginary Muscle Syndrome) Seen mostly in people who have big mouths but don't workout.  Usually pat their own asses since nobody will pay any attention to them.  They usually have legs the size of a super model and NO traps.  Extremely skinny arms is another trait along with no abs.  Chests are rarely seen in people with IMS.  Pale skin along with zits in another sign of IMS.  And in very rare cases, extremely stupidity and delusion.  This pic shows the rarest type of IMS

AVBG

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2007, 07:32:35 PM »

Adam have you ever seen a pro BB'er workout - not including the pics from MD or Flex.. but actually see a real workout? It's nothing like what you have described.

Dr. Shock

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2007, 07:34:09 PM »
All joking aside, isnt that what gym comraderie is all about?? Spotting each other, encouraging each other and generally doing a bit of male bonding.. I see nothing strange or abnormal about that. Nothing that doesnt go on in other sports

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2007, 07:35:28 PM »
All joking aside, isnt that what gym comraderie is all about?? Spotting each other, encouraging each other and generally doing a bit of male bonding.. I see nothing strange or abnormal about that. Nothing that doesnt go on in other sports
The problem you may ask?

bodybuilding isnt a sport  :-\
follow the arrows

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2007, 07:39:11 PM »
.. I see nothing strange or abnormal about that.

That's because you're ghey.

Ron: "I am lazy."

Dr. Shock

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2007, 07:39:54 PM »
Haidar, I'm afraid your rebuttal is senseless here because I meant the training in any sport would involve people helping/encouraging each other and generally bonding.. nothing to do with the age old argument of whether bb is a sport or not  ::) Carry on!