Author Topic: Buying Oil under market value.  (Read 9728 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Buying Oil under market value.
« on: March 24, 2007, 05:15:22 PM »
Can anyone show me where the USA is buying oil from Iraq at below market value?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Buying Oil under market value.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 11:33:32 PM »
ribo can.  i wish i had saved the docs he posted.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 10:03:48 AM »
ribo can.  i wish i had saved the docs he posted.

he says he can't.  I  pm'ed him.  he said he didn't know anything.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 05:51:48 AM »
he says he can't.  I  pm'ed him.  he said he didn't know anything.

GASP!!!! what? Hmmmmmm 240?
gotta love life

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 08:42:48 AM »
There goes another "we're stealing their oil" argument. . . . .

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 08:52:23 AM »
Well, i kept reading about how we were buying it under market value, yet no one can seem to produce anything to prove it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 08:54:19 AM »
Well, i kept reading about how we were buying it under market value, yet no one can seem to produce anything to prove it.

You're not surprised are you?  You mean people make unqualified factual statements on this board that have no factual basis?   :)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 08:58:18 AM »
You're not surprised are you?  You mean people make unqualified factual statements on this board that have no factual basis?   :)

:o :o   I'm shocked!

I would think something like that would be something you'd post the link to every time you talked about it.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 10:07:34 AM »

This is so suprising to me!!! LOL I mean how would 240 blast me for 2 days about how I don't know about oil or why we are in Iraq....all he talked about was how much I lacked credibility..and now he has been caught in 2 huge lies in the last few days that he was passionately arguing!!! Hmmmm, who is credible?
gotta love life

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 10:37:39 AM »
This is so suprising to me!!! LOL I mean how would 240 blast me for 2 days about how I don't know about oil or why we are in Iraq....all he talked about was how much I lacked credibility..and now he has been caught in 2 huge lies in the last few days that he was passionately arguing!!! Hmmmm, who is credible?

Well, i was going to grind the crap out of that one if it was credible, but let's wait and see.  Perhaps Rib or 240 will come up with something!  From the start 240 said he read it from a RIB post. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 10:38:26 AM »

Will he step up and apologize?   :)  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 10:39:19 AM »
Well, i was going to grind the crap out of that one if it was credible, but let's wait and see.  Perhaps Rib or 240 will come up with something!  From the start 240 said he read it from a RIB post. 

But Ribo already told you he doesn't know anything. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 10:45:18 AM »
Will he step up and apologize?   :)  

I could care less about an apology. I just want to see him admit he was wrong. Just like in the 9/11 debate this morning on whether there were fighter jets at Andrews....he is trying to prove that one currently.
gotta love life

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 10:49:37 AM »
I could care less about an apology. I just want to see him admit he was wrong. Just like in the 9/11 debate this morning on whether there were fighter jets at Andrews....he is trying to prove that one currently.

Don't hold your breath.  I had a discussion with him once about whether the state of Virginia's apology for slavery would now allow the descendents of slaves can file civil lawsuits.  I tried to tell him that, among other things, the statute of limitations would prevent those lawsuits (along with the fact slavery was actually legal), and he did nothing but do the juvenile name-calling thing and then ran away. 

But maybe he'll prove me wrong here.   :) 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2007, 10:54:52 AM »

Finally someone on the board who has some technical knowledge in Defense posture and protocol on that day regarding the 14 planes on alert we had defending the eastern seaboard with training and procedures for attacks coming from the Atlantic not inside the US.

At least you'll be able to explain it to him in real time.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2007, 10:58:31 AM »
Finally someone on the board who has some technical knowledge in Defense posture and protocol on that day regarding the 14 planes on alert we had defending the eastern seaboard with training and procedures for attacks coming from the Atlantic not inside the US.

At least you'll be able to explain it to him in real time.

I guess you didn't see me trying in the "Rosie" thread...he doesn't want to hear any of it
gotta love life

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2007, 11:02:50 AM »
I guess you didn't see me trying in the "Rosie" thread...he doesn't want to hear any of it

Oh You've continued it?,  ok  i'll check it out

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2007, 02:04:51 PM »
The US may or may not have invaded Iraq for the oil, but we sure as hell aren't leaving without it.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2007/01/08/iraq-oil.html

The production sharing agreements give foreign oil companies an interest in Iraq's own resources.  And the best argument in support of this is that, since Iraqi oil extraction capacity has been decimated due to war, the PSAs are the best way to help them out. 

Talk about nonsense:  The US devastates Iraq's infrastructure (workforce) for drilling and then the oil companies negotiate PSAs w/ the Iraqi Ministry of Oil that favors the oil companies.  Wow.

http://www.globalpolicy.org/security/oil/2004/0128oilprofit.htm

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2007, 02:06:43 PM »
GASP!!!! what? Hmmmmmm 240?

This is what we went to war for... and now we have it.

http://www.al-ghad.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/iraqi_oil_law.pdf

It's a 29-page legal document - so it won't be recreational reading. But here's a blogger's summary...

This law legalizes PSAs (production sharing agreements) in Iraq. Iraq will be the only country in the middle east with such contracts privatising Iraqi oil and giving foreign companies crazy rates of profit that may reach to more than three fourth of the general revenue. Iraq and Iraqis need every Dinar that comes from oil sales. In addition to the financial aspects of this law, it can be considered the funding tool for splitting Iraq into three states. It undermines the central government and distributes oil revenues directly to the three regions, which sets the foundations for what Iraq's enemies are trying to achieve in terms of establishing three independent states.

http://raedinthemiddle

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2007, 02:08:08 PM »

Private firms managing iraqi oil? for non-market rates?

beach bum has been saying for months that this is nonsense.

many of us have been saying for months that this is exactly the plan.

now that the writing is on the wall, i think we should deliver beach bukkake our collective testicular payloads. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2007, 02:13:45 PM »
This is what we went to war for... and now we have it.

http://www.al-ghad.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/iraqi_oil_law.pdf

It's a 29-page legal document - so it won't be recreational reading. But here's a blogger's summary...

This law legalizes PSAs (production sharing agreements) in Iraq. Iraq will be the only country in the middle east with such contracts privatising Iraqi oil and giving foreign companies crazy rates of profit that may reach to more than three fourth of the general revenue. Iraq and Iraqis need every Dinar that comes from oil sales. In addition to the financial aspects of this law, it can be considered the funding tool for splitting Iraq into three states. It undermines the central government and distributes oil revenues directly to the three regions, which sets the foundations for what Iraq's enemies are trying to achieve in terms of establishing three independent states.

http://raedinthemiddle

Doesn't exactly sound like we are forcing low prices at gun point like you try to say...
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2007, 02:21:32 PM »
"Doesn't exactly sound like we are forcing low prices at gun point like you try to say..."

I know.  You believe that they're giving us "crazy rates of profit that may reach to more than three fourth of the general revenue" because they're grateful to us, for destroying their oil infrastructure and rebuilding it while ousting saddam and importing terror.

At this point, you now see that yes, we're getting the oil below market value.  You're trying to change the argument to their motive now.  That's fine if you want to change it, seeing as I have proven the point.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2007, 02:23:22 PM »
"Doesn't exactly sound like we are forcing low prices at gun point like you try to say..."

I know.  You believe that they're giving us "crazy rates of profit that may reach to more than three fourth of the general revenue" because they're grateful to us, for destroying their oil infrastructure and rebuilding it while ousting saddam and importing terror.

At this point, you now see that yes, we're getting the oil below market value.  You're trying to change the argument to their motive now.  That's fine if you want to change it, seeing as I have proven the point.

I never argued with you that we were getting it cheaper, getting a little excited there son. I just don't think we are "stealing it" and that's all I have to say about that....
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2007, 02:27:33 PM »
and now he has been caught in 2 huge lies in the last few days that he was passionately arguing!!! Hmmmm, who is credible?

What were the two huge lies I was caught in?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2007, 02:33:02 PM »
What were the two huge lies I was caught in?

Lies is really a wrong classification...the guard issue for one, and looks like we aren't stealing oil at gunpoint either. The F-16s at Andrews will be #3.
gotta love life