Author Topic: Orville Burke? what happened after he came out of coma?  (Read 52512 times)

Explosive Power

• Getbig I
  • Chrome to the Mo Fo dome playa
Orville Burke? what happened after he came out of coma?
« on: March 25, 2007, 06:21:46 AM »

In 2002 Orville Burke had tricep surgery for a tear he got while doing a photoshoot with a photographer who insists on the pros using max weights during the shoot, he was up to his eyes in juice at the time, and the doctors strongly recommended he did not have go under in this state, due to unstable blood pressure,

Big Orville didnt wake up from that Op for 6 weeks,

what happened next?

anyone know ???
Chrome to the Dome playa

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Orville Burke? what happened after he came out of coma?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 06:29:33 AM »
this is a very quiet story.  I'd like to learn more too.  surgical complications are seriously scary.

Explosive Power

• Getbig I
  • Chrome to the Mo Fo dome playa
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 06:31:17 AM »

240, you of all people must know something,
Chrome to the Dome playa

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 06:39:18 AM »
Yeah. I have wanted to know about it since long time too!!!!!!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 06:40:32 AM »

Nope.  I'm fascinated and terrified at stories like this though.  There but for the grace of God go any of us.  Would be interesting to hear details of the coma, how he was treated by companies/ mags/ industry afterwards, his rehab, and what he's doing now.

Heck, he should register here.  Could probably add some levity and honesty to a place where many pros say things to keep the stringsmen happy.  orv would probably shoot us pretty straight.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 07:36:01 AM »
Nope.  I'm fascinated and terrified at stories like this though.  There but for the grace of God go any of us.  Would be interesting to hear details of the coma, how he was treated by companies/ mags/ industry afterwards, his rehab, and what he's doing now.

Heck, he should register here.  Could probably add some levity and honesty to a place where many pros say things to keep the stringsmen happy.  orv would probably shoot us pretty straight.
Then someone like you should build a thread for his invitation.
And I support you.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 07:38:31 AM »

ROFL

The Beef

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 08:09:26 AM »
In 2002 Orville Burke had tricep surgery for a tear he got while doing a photoshoot with a photographer who insists on the pros using max weights during the shoot, he was up to his eyes in juice at the time, and the doctors strongly recommended he did not have go under in this state, due to unstable blood pressure,

Big Orville didnt wake up from that Op for 6 weeks,

what happened next?

anyone know ???

I knew this guy well during that time...He used to train at a gym in New York called Hardcore Muscle and Fitness. I remember when he went to the hospital for the surgery and remember him being told about the risks of the surgery, not due to unstable blood pressure, but sensitivity/allergic to anesthesia. He saw a couple of doctors about it and though many doctors declined the surgery...one doctor went on with it. The end result is he reacted to the anesthesia and ended up in a coma. Since then Hardcore Muscle and Fitness has closed (it was located only four blocks away from the World trade Center and after its collapse and the subsiquent closing off of the area the gym could not survive due to a total loss of membership) I have not had any contact with anyone who used to know him so I am clueless as to what has happened to him since. I heard rumored that after he came out of the coma that he moved or was moved back to Jamaica...again it was only a rumor so I can not prove this...
C

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007, 10:32:45 AM »
This certainly seems to be one of BBing's "best kept secrets." It's like the "who shot JFK?" of the BBing world!!! :P

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2007, 10:35:56 AM »
i wondered about this for ages too but just assumed i'd missed the outcome.

ta ta
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

Forka

• Getbig II
  • My God is an Indian that turns into a wolf...
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2007, 12:04:14 PM »
I wonder.... Last I heard, Steve said that Orville had a lot of Ronnie in him..... 

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2007, 12:07:24 PM »
I've posted on this topic many times over the past few years and have NEVER received an answer.  I would ask that you run a search on this, but Ron has probably deleted the threads.  I think the IFBB wants this silenced for some reason, because if it wasn't a big deal to them, then SOMEONE (*cough* Steve Weinberger *cough*) could pony up some info.

But nope - carry on.
Wow....That sound exciting..

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2007, 12:09:02 PM »
hes very limited now unfortunately from what i here,

sad, he was a FREAK.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2007, 12:10:59 PM »
hes very limited now unfortunately from what i here,

sad, he was a FREAK.
How limited? Wheel chair?

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2007, 12:17:06 PM »

Apparently it took him a while just to learn how to walk and talk again.

who told u that?

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2007, 12:22:05 PM »
It was posted on here by someone who also set Orville was financially comfortable.  Hopefully the latter is correct.
Orville was working for D Trump right?

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2007, 12:57:20 PM »
I've posted on this topic many times over the past few years and have NEVER received an answer.  I would ask that you run a search on this, but Ron has probably deleted the threads.  I think the IFBB wants this silenced for some reason, because if it wasn't a big deal to them, then SOMEONE (*cough* Steve Weinberger *cough*) could pony up some info.

But nope - carry on.

There have also been numerous times over at MM, where a thread is posted, and Prince deleted it, or silenced the thread by saying something like "We Pro's do not talk of this." 
I'm very curious as to why this particular event has gone pretty much "under the radar."
I know Orville worked for Donald Trump (claimed it in FLEX at one point, had photos to back it), and that's supposedly where he got his stability.
I hope the best for Orville, but damn this is an interesting topic that nobody wants to talk about.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2007, 12:59:33 PM »
There have also been numerous times over at MM, where a thread is posted, and Prince deleted it, or silenced the thread by saying something like "We Pro's do not talk of this." 
I'm very curious as to why this particular event has gone pretty much "under the radar."
I know Orville worked for Donald Trump (claimed it in FLEX at one point, had photos to back it), and that's supposedly where he got his stability.
I hope the best for Orville, but damn this is an interesting topic that nobody wants to talk about.

Steve Weinberger would be the one to ask.  He was very close to Orville and Orville trained at his gym.  No doubt he knows all the details.  I had never heard that Orville was working for Trump until today.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2007, 01:22:46 PM »
Weinberger would be the one to ask, yes. But to get truth out of him, would be like asking True Adonis if he thought he really should have won the Mr. GetBig. ::)
I'm just extremely curious as to "the why" of this whole cover-up on Orville's situation. ::)

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2007, 01:27:10 PM »
i wonder if prince even enter a public gym these days with sleevless shirt or t shirt and not a big baggy tommy xxl  long and warm wintery made of towel material shirt typa thing ;)

take it from a pro,,its the worst feeling of the day to enter a gym and see someone that is more muscular and cut and/or bigger  than you,, wether its a pro or just a joe shmoe,,especially when your life is bodybuilding,,

now think about thomas,,in getbig famous words he must be owened countless times by every day gym rats on a weekly basis :D

then again he probably "trains" in his home gym,,that he built because he couldnt stand the "toxic" number of people in the gym :D,,too many people take the equipment away from him,,it hurts the intensity! :D

gotta love prince ;)
good boy,,,,,,NOT!
fallen angel

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2007, 01:30:48 PM »
i wonder if prince even enter a public gym these days with sleevless shirt or t shirt and not a big baggy tommy xxl  long and warm wintery made of towel material shirt typa thing ;)

take it from a pro,,its the worst feeling of the day to enter a gym and see someone that is more muscular and cut and/or bigger  than you,, wether its a pro or just a joe shmoe,,especially when your life is bodybuilding,,

now think about thomas,,in getbig famous words he must be owened countless times by every day gym rats on a weekly basis :D

then again he probably "trains" in his home gym,,that he built because he couldnt stand the "toxic" number of people in the gym :D,,too many people take the equipment away from him,,it hurts the intensity! :D

gotta love prince ;)
good boy,,,,,,NOT!

Give us some info about ORville.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2007, 01:38:57 PM »
what is there to say? chad fucked him up most likely some how some where,,if its not out its for a reason,,you cant prove wrong doing when you are aware of what you take and do it anyway way before someone started to work with you,,thats why  no case is winnable in court for a bodybuilder or powerlifter when it comes to drugs,,we use it all the  time and we become collectors of the items,,we cant blame anyone but ourselves in the final run,and thats why courts wont even pee twards our direction,,infact they might arrest throw us behind bars just for the heck of it :D

the anastisia stories are all nice,,like the nicole vicky stories are good,,stories are nice,,i always like stories,,my favorite story is the sleeping beauty
fallen angel

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2007, 01:39:47 PM »
what is there to say? chad fucked him up most likely some how some where,,if its not out its for a reason,,you cant prove wrong doing when you are aware of what you take and do it anyway way before someone started to work with you,,thats why  no case is winnable in court for a bodybuilder or powerlifter when it comes to drugs,,we use it all the  time and we become collectors of the items,,we cant blame anyone but ourselves in the final run,and thats why courts wont even pee twards our direction,,infact they might arrest throw us behind bars just for the heck of it :D

the anastisia stories are all nice,,like the nicole vicky stories are good,,stories are nice,,i always like stories,,my favorite story is the sleeping beauty

Thanks. How is he doing today?
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2007, 01:41:57 PM »

Wow Bingo!!! Now we see why this case is so hiden and nobody talk!!!

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2007, 01:44:44 PM »
I had never heard that Orville was working for Trump until today.

http://www.getbig.com/almanac/men/men-b.htm

Here's another snippet about him working for Trump. :)

GH- what is the Nicole Vicky story? ???