Author Topic: Cycling Carbs  (Read 770 times)

tom joad

• Getbig V
Cycling Carbs
« on: March 25, 2007, 05:57:14 PM »
What's the most effective way to cycle your carb intake to hopefully reduce bodyfat while holding onto as much muscle mass as possible? 

What I usually do year round is simply intake my normal carb amount on the days that I train and then reduce my carb intake on my non-workout days (when I don't need as much energy.)

But is there a better approach to cycling between low, medium and high carb days throughout the week?  For example, how many low days in a row should you do before you throw in a medium or high carb day?

Any thoughts?  Thanks

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: Cycling Carbs
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 04:02:21 AM »
What's the most effective way to cycle your carb intake to hopefully reduce bodyfat while holding onto as much muscle mass as possible? 

What I usually do year round is simply intake my normal carb amount on the days that I train and then reduce my carb intake on my non-workout days (when I don't need as much energy.)

But is their a better approach to cycling between low, medium and high carb days throughout the week?  For example, how many low days in a row should you do before you throw in a medium or high carb day?

Any thoughts?  Thanks

What you do is pretty good to maintain.

If you want to lose fat and build muscle, you could either do NO carbs on non workout days and carbs on workout days or, if you are over 15%bf, do 4-5 low/no carb days and then one very high carb day (refeed, that means ONLY carbs, or very low protein added)

tom joad

• Getbig V
Re: Cycling Carbs
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 06:37:20 AM »
Thanks for the advice DonkeyKong.