Author Topic: Takeo Spikes from Buffalo to be traded  (Read 8856 times)

thisiskeith12

Takeo Spikes from Buffalo to be traded
« on: March 25, 2007, 10:36:22 PM »
By Tuesday or Wednesday...

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
Re: Takeo Spikes from Buffalo to be traded
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 05:30:43 AM »
I wish the Steelers could get him but he probably cost to much for them :(
I

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 11:08:34 AM »
Is he an outside or inside linebacker? If he's an outside backer, I'd love for Baltimore to sign him. He had a strong season coming back from Achilles injury. If he was washed up, they would've released him by now. He still holds value and he'll have a lot of suitors.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 12:30:35 PM »
Is he an outside or inside linebacker? If he's an outside backer, I'd love for Baltimore to sign him. He had a strong season coming back from Achilles injury. If he was washed up, they would've released him by now. He still holds value and he'll have a lot of suitors.

He's an outside linebacker.
I

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 12:34:20 PM »
He's an outside linebacker.

He lives here in atlanta...Dude is huge in person...Not one of those cover tampa 2 backers that are like 6ft 230lbs...this dude was absolutley huge

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 12:38:15 PM »
He lives here in atlanta...Dude is huge in person...Not one of those cover tampa 2 backers that are like 6ft 230lbs...this dude was absolutley huge

Yeah is one of the biggest and probably the strongest outside LB in the NFL. He reminds me of Porter but bigger and a little slower, he's a really intense guy on the field, full of energy.
I

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 12:39:11 PM »
I'd take him over Jarrett Johnson, the supposed replacement over Adalius Thomas' departure.

He's 30 and still productive. Really good at pass coverage and equally if not better in run support.

I'd sign him if it was my decision but the Ravens are looking to get younger on defense over the next 2 seasons so I doubt it will happen. The need depth and a new starter at cornerback before they sign a linebacker. Samari Rolle will be a converted nickel back at best by next season.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 02:04:53 PM »

How the hell do you not know what position Takeo plays? He's easily one of the best backers in this league.

body88

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 03:42:17 PM »
I'd take him over Jarrett Johnson, the supposed replacement over Adalius Thomas' departure.

He's 30 and still productive. Really good at pass coverage and equally if not better in run support.

I'd sign him if it was my decision but the Ravens are looking to get younger on defense over the next 2 seasons so I doubt it will happen. The need depth and a new starter at cornerback before they sign a linebacker. Samari Rolle will be a converted nickel back at best by next season.

Achilies is a tough injury.... I guess he could step in while rex and co draft someone. They always draft great defensive players.

body88

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 06:01:44 PM »
n/m traded to the eagles.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 07:07:57 PM »
How the hell do you not know what position Takeo plays? He's easily one of the best backers in this league.

I knew he played the linebacker postion, shit stain. It didn't quite dawn on me at the moment as to whether he played inside or outside. I'm a Ravens man, not a Buffalo fan, check my avatar. ::)

But I forgot that you know everything about anything, including MMA. God forbid anyone dispute your opinion on that subject, for fear of being labeled a TUF fan. By that same token, I should only like arena football and not the NFL, right?

Get your degree and I'll see you at Spagos folding my napkin in the next 2 years. ;)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 07:10:03 PM »
n/m traded to the eagles.

And the Eagles got Kelly Holcombe to replace Garcia as the backup to Mcnabb. Darwin Walker goes to the Bills.

Shrewd but effective trade for the Eagles. Nicely done.

body88

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 07:25:07 PM »
And the Eagles got Kelly Holcombe to replace Garcia as the backup to Mcnabb. Darwin Walker goes to the Bills.

Agreed.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 08:53:11 AM »

Another in a long line of good decisions this offseason. Plus it opens up the draft to get either the best S or CB on the board when they pick.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 09:40:29 AM »
Holcombe to me is very underrated and a valuable back up in the NFL. I seem to remember him throwing for over 400 yards in a playoff game when he played for the Browns a few years back.

He can play. I'm curious as to why Buffalo let him go. Must be going younger at the position behind Losman.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 10:15:48 AM »
Holcombe to me is very underrated and a valuable back up in the NFL. I seem to remember him throwing for over 400 yards in a playoff game when he played for the Browns a few years back.

He can play. I'm curious as to why Buffalo let him go. Must be going younger at the position behind Losman.

IMO if he is not there they can draft a young guy (Carson Palmers little brother) and have him sit behind Losman for a year then get out from under the Losman situation without another veteran waiting in the wings for a chance to start.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 01:29:10 PM »
FUCK THE EAGLES , what the hell, now I can't really like TKO anymore cause he is a damn Eagle. Why do the Eagles have to pick up people I like, I hope they are under .500 next year >:(
I

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 01:57:44 PM »
IMO if he is not there they can draft a young guy (Carson Palmers little brother) and have him sit behind Losman for a year then get out from under the Losman situation without another veteran waiting in the wings for a chance to start.
Actually they had to get someone who was worse than Garcia or Donovan would bitch all year! ;D

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 02:15:22 PM »
FUCK THE EAGLES , what the hell, now I can't really like TKO anymore cause he is a damn Eagle. Why do the Eagles have to pick up people I like, I hope they are under .500 next year >:(

Easy tiger there is always room in gang green for another convert, just throw down your current teams jersey and repeat "Mcnabb Super Bowl 2007 MVP"  500 times. ;D Opps almost forgot get used to always being thisclose and not in reality winning the big one..such is the life as a diehard eagles fan... ;D

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2007, 02:16:39 PM »
Actually they had to get someone who was worse than Garcia or Donovan would bitch all year! ;D

Did someone say overpriced free agents...nope guess I am just hearing things... ;D

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2007, 02:25:12 PM »
Easy tiger there is always room in gang green for another convert, just throw down your current teams jersey and repeat "Mcnabb Super Bowl 2007 MVP"  500 times. ;D Opps almost forgot get used to always being thisclose and not in reality winning the big one..such is the life as a diehard eagles fan... ;D

Hey i'm a Steelers fan, my team is known for winning the big one, I have never been an Eagles fan. I live near Philly and can't stand the Eagles, not only do they suck but they can't win a big game to save their lives. They are in the weakest conference (NFC) and if they were as good as people play them out to be they would have been to many more super bowls and maybe won one. They are like the Bill's of the NFC except worse cause they have trouble even making it to the big one let alone win it.
I

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2007, 05:54:28 PM »

Hey i'm a Steelers fan, my team is known for winning the big one, I have never been an Eagles fan. I live near Philly and can't stand the Eagles, not only do they suck but they can't win a big game to save their lives. They are in the weakest conference (NFC) and if they were as good as people play them out to be they would have been to many more super bowls and maybe won one. They are like the Bill's of the NFC except worse cause they have trouble even making it to the big one let alone win it.

It's the off season puddin we all think we are going to win the next super bowl. See thats the difference between Steeler fans and Eagles fans, we know our team motto is "there's always next year..." you guys get so wound up about Steeler pride that anything short of the Big win is a shitty season. Try being in the big game 2 times in the last 30 years(and losing) and still getting excited about it every year...I should be the one thats upset I froze my ass off at old three rivers once to see my team lose by 2 TD's and they ran out of coffee and Hot anything midway thru the third quarter.

Heres to Big Ben crashing his crotch rocket again this year... ;D

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2007, 05:56:17 PM »
I knew he played the linebacker postion, shit stain. It didn't quite dawn on me at the moment as to whether he played inside or outside. I'm a Ravens man, not a Buffalo fan, check my avatar. ::)

But I forgot that you know everything about anything, including MMA. God forbid anyone dispute your opinion on that subject, for fear of being labeled a TUF fan. By that same token, I should only like arena football and not the NFL, right?

Get your degree and I'll see you at Spagos folding my napkin in the next 2 years. ;)

Most sports fans know a lot more about the sport than just their own team. It's pretty shallow and shows you're nothing more than a bandwagoner if you can't even tell what position a pro-bowl linebacker plays.  ::)

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2007, 06:03:07 PM »
It's the off season puddin we all think we are going to win the next super bowl. See thats the difference between Steeler fans and Eagles fans, we know our team motto is "there's always next year..." you guys get so wound up about Steeler pride that anything short of the Big win is a shitty season. Try being in the big game 2 times in the last 30 years(and losing) and still getting excited about it every year...I should be the one thats upset I froze my ass off at old three rivers once to see my team lose by 2 TD's and they ran out of coffee and Hot anything midway thru the third quarter.

Heres to Big Ben crashing his crotch rocket again this year... ;D

No your wrong, when they have a sub-par season I say to myself "hey we have 5 fucking superbowls". I get over it quick and look to figuring out what went wrong and hope they adress the problems.
I

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2007, 06:20:37 PM »
No your wrong, when they have a sub-par season I say to myself "hey we have 5 fucking superbowls". I get over it quick and look to figuring out what went wrong and hope they adress the problems.

Thats why I want my son to be a eagles fan, no sense the pain should end with my death... ;D

I Hope someday to sell all my football cards from the Steelers "Iron Curtain" days (bradshaw rookie,swann,stallworth,webster,greenwood,ect) to help fund my old age home.