Author Topic: Planned Parenthood Pushes 'Plan B' Pill Access  (Read 1350 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Planned Parenthood Pushes 'Plan B' Pill Access
« on: March 26, 2007, 08:51:38 AM »
Monday, March 26, 2007 8:02 a.m. EDT
Planned Parenthood Pushes 'Plan B' Pill Access

Planned Parenthood, the nation's largest abortion provider, has launched a "pill patrol" campaign to make sure emergency contraception is available in every neighborhood in America.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved over-the-counter sales of Plan B emergency contraception for women 18 and older last August. But Planned Parenthood complains that not all pharmacies are stocking the drug.

"Every day in America, women are forced to play the lottery when they walk into their neighborhood pharmacies and ask for Plan B emergency contraception (EC)," Planned Parenthood said on its website.

The group is encouraging its supporters to contact pharmacies at Costco, Target, Wal-Mart, or Osco stores - because those four chains have not signed on to Planned Parenthood's policy of guaranteeing women access to emergency contraception - "without discrimination or delay."

Planned Parenthood argues that refusal to fill EC prescriptions is unacceptable and puts women's health at risk. "That's why we've asked you for help," the website says. "Working together, we'll make sure pharmacies change their policies so women are guaranteed access to EC."

The group is offering a list of questions for "secret shoppers" to ask, including the name of the person who answers the phone; whether that particular pharmacy sells emergency contraception (if not, why not); if the pills are available now; and if any of the pharmacists refuse to fill such prescriptions.

"The most important part of this campaign is reporting your findings," Planned Parenthood said.

Pro-life groups such as Concerned Women for America consider emergency contraception an abortifacient because it can prevent a fertilized egg from implanting in the uterus.

According to CWA, about half the states have laws providing some form of protection for health care professionals who conscientiously object to providing the morning-after pill.

STOPP International, another pro-life group, says Planned Parenthood's top goal for the next 25 years is to push its agenda of "promiscuous sex everywhere in our society."
It also accuses the group of covering up for rapists and child predators by giving those adults the means to prevent minors from getting pregnant.

STOPP International, a project of the American Life League, is waging a campaign to end taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/3/26/80531.shtml?s=ic

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Planned Parenthood Pushes 'Plan B' Pill Access
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 02:25:42 PM »
God Bless them.  They're doing good work

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 03:19:30 PM »

Yes. Good for men like me who are old fashioned and like it raw.  :D

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 05:34:37 PM »

So you don't subscribe to the "woman as breeding animal" ideology favored by Muslim extremists and... what's this?... Republicans??

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 06:10:16 PM »
So you don't subscribe to the "woman as breeding animal" ideology favored by Muslim extremists and... what's this?... Republicans??

I haven't heard that one but it wouldn't surprise me.

I do think that any pharmacist who refuses to fill an order due to his/her personal religious beliefs should have their license revoked. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 06:35:20 PM »

I do think that any pharmacist who refuses to fill an order due to his/her personal religious beliefs should have their license revoked. 

I agree with that.