Author Topic: Yates,Coleman,Warren training videos  (Read 1235 times)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Yates,Coleman,Warren training videos
« on: March 27, 2007, 04:11:11 AM »
I keep reading on here on how powerlifters are cheating by wearing bench shirts,squat suits and groove briefs.The experts,who know next to nothing about powerlifting,always try to denegrate the sport like its a joke.Then,lo and behold,I watch these pro bodybuilders training tapes and I see Ronnie Coleman wearing a squat suit,wraps and elbow wraps.Yates has his elbows all wrapped up as well as wrist wraps and Branch Warren actually wears knee braces AND knee wraps on his top set,plus elbow wraps,wrist wraps and anything else he can get on.Somehow,no one comments and says how that stuff is bull.Everyone wears gear to lift more weights,even bodybuilders.So,to the so called experts,untill you can justify gear wearing in bodybuilding,dont bother to show your ignorance of powerlifting by discussing  gear.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Re: Yates,Coleman,Warren training videos
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 06:35:43 AM »
People are really unfair to powerlifters, aren't they.

::)

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 06:40:08 AM »
IMHO, i dont think the wraps are to lift more weights exactly...i think it more because of the pain the heavy weights cause on the joints , specially elbows...probably it helps in release a little of the pressure and the pain on the joints...
 Ronnie did use the squat suit on CtoR, but man, it was 800 lbs for 2 reps...it was more a safety issue i think
!

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 07:11:44 AM »
So let me get this straight.Knee wraps OVER knee braces are for safety and a squat suit is for safety.Let me let you in on a secret,gear IS NOT for safety,its for more pounds on a lift.Thats why powerlifters wear it,Ronnie wears it and anyone that lifts big weights wear it.

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 07:42:13 AM »
So let me get this straight.Knee wraps OVER knee braces are for safety and a squat suit is for safety.Let me let you in on a secret,gear IS NOT for safety,its for more pounds on a lift.Thats why powerlifters wear it,Ronnie wears it and anyone that lifts big weights wear it.

ok i agree with you, but the safety is an issue too...also with the pain factor...And after all, i dont think your bench will be up like 100 lbs just because you are using wraps on both arms... ;)
!