Author Topic: Deconditioning for next week!  (Read 868 times)

Lugar

• Getbig IV
Deconditioning for next week!
« on: March 27, 2007, 05:04:24 AM »
Didn't know where to post, so I'll try here too.....

I am starting my first cycle since HRT next Monday (4 years)....I know it's not a good idea, but at age 30 Ii want to compete in 2 years.....I'm t6'2, 170 now....prob. 10%%

My question is this, I am def. taking the weekend off instead of the tnrie week (would go nuts), should I almost decondtion, relax my joints, etc for the pounding no holds barred next week?  Meaning instead of heacy 6-8 range (today for deads is usually 5 of 5) should I move everything to thr 10-12-15 range.........would this help?  Make sense?  Still build mass>?  I always incorpate that range in all my training days, but this is for evey exercise!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Re: Deconditioning for next week!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 07:22:42 AM »
Taking it easy would be a good idea. I see nothing wrong with using higher reps to spare your joints a little (in my opinion). The older I get the more I use higher reps. With the exception of a few exercises I will often use the 15-30 reps range for Triceps, Legs, & Back. Will it build mass? Sure, but probably not as much as going lower but keeping my joints healthy is important to me.

BTW - Was that positive enough for you? See I'm not an asshole all the time (personally I don't think most of the time).