Author Topic: Peyton Manning should pay a visit to the weight room  (Read 21564 times)

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
Peyton Manning should pay a visit to the weight room
« on: March 27, 2007, 07:45:35 AM »
This pic was taken at Saturday night live which He, Manning, Hosted on saturday. But I heard lot of guys saying that for a Top quarterback in the NFL, his physique is not even average. My take on this is, Quarterbacks was never known for their great physiques, but in this day and age, I would advise any quarterback to have at least a decent physique. We got guys like, Steve mcnair, Culpepper, Vince young and a bunch of others QBs that are in excellent shape, and it pays to have a great upper body.

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
Re: Peyton Manning should pay a visit to the weight room
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 07:47:37 AM »
hes aboutyour size, maybe he can be your training partner?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 07:48:47 AM »

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 07:50:25 AM »
Dude....his United Way skit was absolutely hysterical!!!!   I could give a shit if his physique isnt all that great.  You cant deny he has talent!!!!

"I throw the ball, you catch it.  Its not that hard!!!!"

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 07:50:37 AM »
Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.  ::)

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 07:55:02 AM »
Dude....his United Way skit was absolutely hysterical!!!!   I could give a shit if his physique isnt all that great.  You cant deny he has talent!!!!

"I throw the ball, you catch it.  Its not that hard!!!!"

That skit was funny as hell. They're not talking about a quaterback's skills and talent, they're talking about Football being more and more physical these days, and how a quaterback would benefit if his physique improves. I'd have to agree. Even Tom Brady admits that he's hitting the weights more often than he used too. This has nothing to do with their skills

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 08:03:23 AM »

That skit was funny as hell. They're not talking about a quaterback's skills and talent, they're talking about Football being more and more physical these days, and how a quaterback would benefit if his physique improves. I'd have to agree. Even Tom Brady admits that he's hitting the weights more often than he used too. This has nothing to do with their skills

Nah Peyton doesn't have to worry about hitting the weights.  Who cares what he looks like, the guy get's the job done day in day out.  He doesn't miss games either because of injury.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 08:22:13 AM »
Nobody seems to notice that everything about the guy is retro, purposely or otherwise. From the face mask, the reverence for Johnny U who he tries to emulate, to the lack of athleticism in favor of pocket passing that doesn't require much running, etc. Obviously this white man doesn't have much athleticism and doesn't care either.

It would help if he wanted to improve, be better running & avoiding the rush, but in his world he's already close to his version of the perfect 1950s QB. Brady's the opposite, part of why he'll always be a bigger winner.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 08:23:41 AM »
I thought once FatFather was exposed these dumbass threads would end.  ::)
!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 08:26:33 AM »
This pic was taken at Saturday night live which He, Manning, Hosted on saturday. But I heard lot of guys saying that for a Top quarterback in the NFL, his physique is not even average. My take on this is, Quarterbacks was never known for their great physiques, but in this day and age, I would advise any quarterback to have at least a decent physique. We got guys like, Steve mcnair, Culpepper, Vince young and a bunch of others QBs that are in excellent shape, and it pays to have a great upper body.

Please, I'm dying to know what a QB's physique has to do with playing ability in this "day and age" considering just about each position has a different training protocol?

Tony23

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 08:40:21 AM »
I love how delusional some people on here are.  I wonder where it comes from??

This is Peyton Manning.  Super Bowl winner.  Highest paid QB in the NFL.  Most endorsements next to Tiger Woods in all of sport.  Yeah, you're right...he should change what he is doing because it obviously isnt working.

::)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2007, 08:43:32 AM »

This is Peyton Manning.  Super Bowl winner.  Highest paid QB in the NFL.  Most endorsements next to Tiger Woods in all of sport.  Yeah, you're right...he should change what he is doing because it obviously isnt working.

Actually it didn't work until this year, hardly a ringing endorsement of his methods. Which makes you delusional, actually.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 08:50:07 AM »

you're missing the point, Retard. Nobody's questioning his skills, contracts or endorsements. They're just saying that he wouldn't hurt as an Athlete to improve his physique. This shit has nothing to do with how much he's getting paid. get it

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 09:32:19 AM »
Is it just people of color that do not like Peyton Manning. Is he too white for you guys?

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 11:16:36 AM »
Is it just people of color that do not like Peyton Manning. Is he too white for you guys?
Where'd you hear that?  ???
!

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 12:08:50 PM »
Yeah, Manning is a real loser.  If he brought his chest up, he could move up a few ranks on the getbig boards....haha ::)
Guys who are 6' 5" aren't really that muscular, unless their on gear or black.
N

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 12:18:03 PM »
I'm sure it's been well documented that weight training benefit athletes of almost everything you can call a sport. Tiger woods swears by his consistenty in the weight room, and said that he's got more powerful swings, Phil mickelson all of a sudden starts lifting, too. No matter how good a QB is, if he's big and strong, he'll handle a sack well, I think.
Get Big, or Die Trying

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 12:29:15 PM »

you're missing the point, Retard. Nobody's questioning his skills, contracts or endorsements. They're just saying that he wouldn't hurt as an Athlete to improve his physique. This shit has nothing to do with how much he's getting paid. get it

Why would he do this.  You say it wouldn't hurt but it could.  He could get while lifting or even get a little too much muscle and not be able to move or throw as well.  So YES it could hurt him.  Take down this thread cause it really shows some ignorance.  This is something our resident gay Indian (not teepee, but poopoo) would post

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 12:34:18 PM »

if his physique has nothing to do with his skills then why the hell would Peyton give a crap?? He is trained by the absolute best, their only goal is to ensure that all his training supports what he does on the field. Im pretty sure Peyton isnt in the gym worried about what "the punisher" thinks of his bod.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2007, 12:38:51 PM »
No matter how good a QB is, if he's big and strong, he'll handle a sack well, I think.

being big and strong is good for getting hit but doesnt translate to the mechanics of throwing a football to well. Take a look at all the best QB's in the league. Peyton, Brady, Brees, Bulger, and whoever else there is. also look in the recent past, Marino, Elway, Montana, Young, Moon

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2007, 12:47:46 PM »
  being big and strong is good for getting hit but doesnt translate to the mechanics of throwing a football to well. Take a look at all the best QB's in the league. Peyton, Brady, Brees, Bulger, and whoever else there is. also look in the recent past, Marino, Elway, Montana, Young, Moon

He doesn't need to get buff or anything like that. When Steve Mcnair got into the league a couple years ago, everybody was talking how strong he was as a QB, because QB's was never known to be buff and strong, especially those who can scramble well, I think the question is a little weight training, not too much, is always good.
Get Big, or Die Trying

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2007, 12:49:35 PM »
Why would he do this.  You say it wouldn't hurt but it could.  He could get while lifting or even get a little too much muscle and not be able to move or throw as well.  So YES it could hurt him.  Take down this thread cause it really shows some ignorance.  This is something our resident gay Indian (not teepee, but poopoo) would post

Don't you have some leftover Donuts you need to take care of, Sea lion

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2007, 12:55:25 PM »
I'm sure Peyton works out with weights extensively. You almost have to in order to be a player in the NFL.

But he's 6'5" and it's hard to build muscle naturally. Why would he need to anyway? He's built like a quarterback. Dan Marino wasn't muscular either.

I know this is a bodybuilding board but this is a stupid thread.

Start one about Brady Quinn's physique. He's impressive looking, no doubt. Saw him at the NFL combine with his shirt off and he has very built up physique. Pics anyone?

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2007, 12:58:22 PM »

He doesn't need to get buff or anything like that. When Steve Mcnair got into the league a couple years ago, everybody was talking how strong he was as a QB, because QB's was never known to be buff and strong, especially those who can scramble well, I think the question is a little weight training, not too much, is always good.

I get your point, well put. however in terms of lifting weights to look good on tv, thats ridiculous considering the other things Peyton has to concern himself with. Im sure the trainers at Indianapolis are solely focused on performance on the field and not anything else. Yes i do remember when Steve McNair first arrived it took me a while to be a believer in him and his abilities. As of late Steve has always been fighting injuries, hopefully he can stay decently healthy for another year. He is perfect testimony that intellect and leadership will overcome physical ability later in a career.  

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2007, 01:15:20 PM »

Don't you have some leftover Donuts you need to take care of, Sea lion

Already ate them.  And now don't feel real stupid and ignorant for starting this thread.  It really shows you don't know much or belong here.  How is it owning yourself.  What a moron.  Allot like our Indian (not teepee, but poopoo).