Author Topic: The State of the GOP  (Read 3408 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: The State of the GOP
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2007, 10:07:09 AM »
Me too.  I was actually hoping that Bush would have dumped Cheney and brought Powell on as VP. 

Call me crazy (and I know some of you already do  :P), but this would be my ideal ticket for 2008 - Gingrich/Powell

It's too bad we don't put our best candidates at the top of the ticket.  Neither party does. 

And you're crazy!   :D  Nah.  Seriously, I don't think Newt can win the general.  Too polarizing.  He's smart enough to be prez, but I think he shouldn't even run after the whole affair thing.  He was a real hypocrite during the Clinton impeachment. 

But I'd vote for Powell in a New York minute. 

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2007, 12:12:19 PM »
It's too bad we don't put our best candidates at the top of the ticket.  Neither party does. 

And you're crazy!   :D  Nah.  Seriously, I don't think Newt can win the general.  Too polarizing.  He's smart enough to be prez, but I think he shouldn't even run after the whole affair thing.  He was a real hypocrite during the Clinton impeachment. 

But I'd vote for Powell in a New York minute. 

LOL.  I don't think Newt would win the general election either, and just for the reason that you point out, he's too polarizing in the sense that he's too far to the right for alot of conservatives now.  I'm not sold on the middle of the road deal, especially when you consider that for most conservatives it means the social issues.  I can't, with good conscience, vote for a candidate who openly accepts the legality of abortion, approves of embryonic stem-cell research, and believes that homosexuality is a civic issue. 

But just as you so, bro, we now have to vote for the candidate that comes closest to the viewpoints that we hold true to our own character. 

That being said.... I don't see a democratic candidate in the line-up right now that even comes close in looking at the big picture.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2007, 05:04:31 PM »

Call me crazy (and I know some of you already do  :P), but this would be my ideal ticket for 2008 - Gingrich/Powell

Your not crazy.........your retarded.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2007, 06:35:31 PM »

Your not crazy.........your retarded.

And yet he is still smarter than you.  And he knows how to spell.   ::)