Author Topic: controlling heamatocrit levels  (Read 1805 times)

littlechris

• Getbig II
controlling heamatocrit levels
« on: March 27, 2007, 08:23:27 PM »
hey guys,

im on testosterone indefinetly at about 400mgs per week. well, with long term use, ones hematocrit levels tend to get high. essentially my blood is getting thick because of my high testosterone levels. ive been advised to donate blood to decrease my hematocrit levels. for those of yall that are concerned about your health and who are on permanent hrt, how often do you give blood to keep your hematocrit down? i hate giving blood as it is, but giving blood is something i have to do. any and all suggestions appreciated.

-lc

pkaz

• Getbig III
Re: controlling heamatocrit levels
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 09:23:51 PM »
hey guys,

im on testosterone indefinetly at about 400mgs per week. well, with long term use, ones hematocrit levels tend to get high. essentially my blood is getting thick because of my high testosterone levels. ive been advised to donate blood to decrease my hematocrit levels. for those of yall that are concerned about your health and who are on permanent hrt, how often do you give blood to keep your hematocrit down? i hate giving blood as it is, but giving blood is something i have to do. any and all suggestions appreciated.

-lc

littlechris,

I have and have had a very high red blood cell count for many years… This could be a dangerous situation as the doctor has told me that my blood is like catsup and it should be like coolaid. That equals potential blood clotting… I also have and current use Testosterone.

Donate blood at least 3 times a year…

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 09:39:36 PM »
hey guys,

-lc

Aspirin would help....

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 09:44:10 PM »
littlechris,

I have and have had a very high red blood cell count for many years… This could be a dangerous situation as the doctor has told me that my blood is like catsup and it should be like coolaid. That equals potential blood clotting… I also have and current use Testosterone.

Donate blood at least 3 times a year…

I thought high platelets count levels increses the risk of blood clots. Btw - donating blood while in cycle - not a good idea - it's a step backwards in your progress...

pkaz

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 09:44:57 AM »
I thought high platelets count levels increses the risk of blood clots. Btw - donating blood while in cycle - not a good idea - it's a step backwards in your progress...

Lets see, could impair circulation and lead to abnormal clotting versus "a step backwards in your progress".... Let me think.....

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 11:11:06 AM »
Why are you on 400mg EW? Is it HRT? If so that's the highest dose I've ever heard of.

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 03:00:42 PM »

Lets see, could impair circulation and lead to abnormal clotting versus "a step backwards in your progress".... Let me think.....

there are better and more efficient ways to deal with such problems....instead of donating blood...but of course you it's your body - you can do whatever you want....

pkaz

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 06:50:01 PM »
there are better and more efficient ways to deal with such problems....instead of donating blood...but of course you it's your body - you can do whatever you want....

I would be interested in understanding your thoughts regarding "better and more efficient ways to deal with such problems"...

Thanks